1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Mobs have a really weird aggro range, I guess this is the "star bug"

Just wait until you try 1.04, and monsters can attack you from outside Strafe's search radius :)

Regarding the weird Fetish curse - it's supposed to increase attack speed, but never actually "sticks" (and even if it did, it wouldn't do anything, due to yet another bug). You can see a screenshot of a fixed version here - https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...s-a-1-04-adventure.965726/page-4#post-8860273.

I'd be interested to know if there's any fixed-spawn-position poppables (like corpse, hollow log, etc) that can drop a ring. If so, then with enough time spent grinding out map rerolls, you could get one that drops unique ring hosted in a MP game for unlimited SOJ for rare rerolls.

The TCs that are labeled for chests don't contain rings and I've never heard about anyone ever getting one from a chest. In fact Treeharl did a list of stuff he got from chests and rings weren't on it:

I had some limited success racking heavy armors in 1.05, then selling them and gambling rings. At 2 armors/gamble, it takes about 65-70 armors to expect to gamble an SoJ, and it'd probably be easier to find a heavy armor rack instead of rolling up Ring patterns (if they exist!) every single time you pop a unique.

Of course, the main downside is how irritatingly long it takes to get Gheed/Elzix to offer Rings in the first place, and how boring gambling is even without racking first :p

I haven't been able to find a stable rack in 1.00 is the rack stability something that was added later or I just haven't tried enough? I am interested in gambling rings, but not for SOJ. I want to get a rare 30+ mf with 10fcr >_>

Being able to feasibly get hundreds of SOJ would have been a way to roll either 1.08 jewels or 1.14d diadems.

I've been getting gamble money by picking a winged helm/grand crown poppable near LK wp. I need to get a guy to hell so they will sell for more gold.

I found a new bug I think:
My zealot was fighting a boss pack of embalmed (those guys that emit poison clouds upon death) with an FE boss. I tanked the death explosion of the boss and healed up a little. Then I killed one of the minions while there were two next to me. He emitted his poison cloud and then the next thing I know I am dead.
I recovered my body to investigate this further and healed up fully. I then killed a single minion while nothing else was attacking me and upon its death I lost a huge chunk of life.

This reminds me of the FE bug in 1.09 where Pindle's minions trigger an FE explosion whenever they resurrect (and presumably this happens to all FE renamitated horde type minions).

So I guess FE embalmed minions trigger the explosion upon releasing the poison cloud?

Did anyone else have this happen to them? I'm baffled.

The TCs that are labeled for chests don't contain rings and I've never heard about anyone ever getting one from a chest. In fact Treeharl did a list of stuff he got from chests and rings weren't on it:
Do you have/know of a list of what can drop from chests in *all* map areas? If there is something that can spawn with staff mods that could be a pretty OP gold find target.

Do you have/know of a list of what can drop from chests in *all* map areas? If there is something that can spawn with staff mods that could be a pretty OP gold find target.
Sadly I don't have any certaintity as to whether the TCs labeled "chest" in the TreasureClass.txt file are actually the ones responsible for deciding what a chest drops. To see a list of all TCs check out the .txt in the attachment and open it with excel.

The list that @Treeharl made doesn't match exactly with any of the chest TCs, it just has a very large overlap with "Chests-act3A" and "Chests-act3B".

It is possible that the game doesn't even use these TCs for chests and instead draws items from a different TC altogether. I think it could be worthwile to compare @treeharl 's list with the other TCs to see if there's a match.

Attachments

• TCswithNames.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
The chest TC appears to be the appropriate one based on what I have seen. Thanks for this list.

I did one HF rush hoping to get two Um's into 1.07 (Deadly Craft in 1.08). I stopped every level to collect Ormus rings. Here is what crap he gave me:
Normal:
00_norm_1.png00_norm_2.png00_norm_3.png00_norm_4.png00_norm_5.png00_norm_6.png00_norm_7.png
Nightmare:
01_nm_1.png01_nm_2.png01_nm_3.png01_nm_4.png01_nm_5.png01_nm_6.png01_nm_7.png
Hell:
02_hell_1.png02_hell_2.png02_hell_3.png02_hell_4.png02_hell_5.png02_hell_6.png02_hell_7.png

And I definitely need that failed Pike with ML :/ Need to do some serioius CK farming..

m4ke

Edit: OK and you can't cube Runes up in 1.08. So runes go to 1.10s =)

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
Finally took a 2nd barb to level 30 after forwarding my last one to 1.07 but this time I spent stat points in dexterity to make sure my AR isn't complete trash.... and whirlwind is definitely quite strong. Planning to spend every other skill point on ww/bo until both are maxed out, and try some gold find either with corpse/log in LK or champion pack in Hell RoF when I get there. The ultimate goal is gambling rings.

I've got a question concerning 1.06, I wasn't sure where to ask, since I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

I read somewhere that ED% on most two-handed weapons in 1.06 is only applied on the unused 1-hand damage. This bug apparently includes Martel de Fer, and is the reason why Barbarians used Lances back in the day.

If that's true, what will happen when I transfer a Martel from 1.06 to 1.09? Will the ED% bug be fixed due to the patch difference, or will the ED% still be applied to the 1-hand damage?

Yes it should be fixed.

Martel de Fer in 1.00 has 1-handed damage values of 6 and 13 for min&max respectively.

In 1.09 (and onwards), they don't have any values in the dmg fields at all. Instead, there is a new field called '2handed' which takes 1 or 0 for value. If it is 1, they will use the 2-handed damage values (61 and 99 for Martel de Fer)

If someone's wondering, there also a '1or2handed' field, which is used for 2-handed swords.

Edit: since I have the weapons.txt file open, here's the list of 2-handed weapons affected by the ED bug: Maul, Great Maul, War Club, Martel De Fer. Additionally some items have slightly lower values (min,max compared to 2h): Gothic Axe (-4, -4), Bearded Axe(-2, -4) Bec-de-Corbin (0, -10), Halberd and Lochaber Axe (0, -5). There are several others but they are more insignificant. War Scepter, Divine Scepter and Hunter's Bow have higher values for 1-handed for some reason.

Last edited:
I've got a question concerning 1.06, I wasn't sure where to ask, since I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

I read somewhere that ED% on most two-handed weapons in 1.06 is only applied on the unused 1-hand damage. This bug apparently includes Martel de Fer, and is the reason why Barbarians used Lances back in the day.

If that's true, what will happen when I transfer a Martel from 1.06 to 1.09? Will the ED% bug be fixed due to the patch difference, or will the ED% still be applied to the 1-hand damage?

I believe that the ED% bug was fixed by 1.06; at least by 1.04, it was fixed for missile weapons, and Bonesnap definitely dealt excellent damage when I used it there.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High