1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Great boots, and glad to see you are progressing fast on the SoJs. Makes it all worth it, right? :D

Reactions: Excalibur
Pretty good for lvl 18. You can get huge +str and goldfind too. Gambling for "boots" makes that pesky 70 str req go away ;)

• Love
Hi
Do the paladin res auras have that passive bonus of raising max res they do in later patches in 1.00 or is that a post LOD change?

Thanks for the great guides Helvete et al. Was a long time lurker on the old forums and finally rediscovered this forum.

Working on my 1.00 Hammerdin. reached A4 Norm now.

Screenshot17.jpg
Does giant axe reach the full radius of whirlwind? I'm thinking this axe might make it worth building a 2nd barb.

Has anyone tried using warcry to stunlock Lord De Seis so you can properly whirl him without crashing from his Thief attack?

No, axes have pretty poor range and IIRC due to a bug, weapons with worse range tend to miss a lot more often at tip range. Nothing prevents you from trying out axebarb if you want though, even I made one once for fun, but you need to be a lot more precise with WW to be consistent, and possibly herd enemies too a bit more than simply press WW to destroy everything in your path.

As for de Seis, simply emptying your belt makes you more or less immune to any side-effects thief causes as there is nothing to thief and it seems like it won't be used; at least I have never got a single crash or save corruption with empty belt ever.

Reactions: ziambe
As for de Seis, simply emptying your belt makes you more or less immune to any side-effects thief causes as there is nothing to thief and it seems like it won't be used; at least I have never got a single crash or save corruption with empty belt ever.
I can second this, I simply remove the belt and the remaining four potions and then only drink from inventory. No crashes ever and I use leap attack against de Seis sometimes.

As for the axe radius thing, there was a post by @Fruit with a picture of the "WW search radius" v.s. the weapon range somewhere in the old 1.00 thread. However the search radius changes throughout patches if I recall correctly:
So this axe should be best used in 1.04 (no guarantee though).

When running the cow king, eventually you have to reroll your map because he drops dupes. However, it seems that casting a town portal will tick his rng in a similar way to using a summon to tick a rack in 1.07. In this way you can prolong your map's usefulness. He drops the same pattern of items, but they have new affixes.

I don't know if SOJ found this way would have different fingerprints, but I suspect they would. I don't know how long you have to wait after casting TP for it to count before you cast another one. I don't know if cow king has to be on screen. I don't know if the TP has to be cast in the cow level, or if casting extras in Tristram works.

I also got this interesting result :p I didn't know he could mass-drop blues.
Screenshot19.jpg

question:

is 15@ on rings only possible in Hell CK?

I want to have a ring that beats 15@/10 fcr, so since 15@ has no range in 1.00, i think that's not much to ask for right?

(for Blizzard sorceress)

Are there any infos on the chances of affixes?

Also for slightly better Boots than Wartraveler, what would need to be on them? For me 30% frw, 34+ fireres, max magic find (35?), fhr (so I can use one more 7% charm)

to be honest it seems improbably for me to beat WT, and that's just looking on frw and mf, it has stats as well. In the end I can reach maxresi with better mf charms.

Is Cowking the fastest way to get rare rings? Or can Kurast scratch it?

On other chars that struggle with resis like the Pitbarb, I can see how boots are better, but only for safety reasons (if pindle is lightning enchanted he quickly makes my life down)

Superchests (or any container at all I think) doesn't drop rings. Cow King is your best source of rare ring, and 2nd best is gamble, although they are expensive.

These are the best I got for WT competition. 34mf is max. 49 to a single res is max, but you can "easily" get cold/fire/light on same boot, and possibly all 4 and still have mf on it.
Beast Trample.jpgFiend Spur.jpgStone Spur.jpg

question:

is 15@ on rings only possible in Hell CK?

Is Cowking the fastest way to get rare rings? Or can Kurast scratch it?

1. No. I would be willing to claim late NM you should have reasonably consistent sources for that on paper at least but since I am going by memory and could be mixing up with things between versions, someone else ought to verify this information so take it with a grain of salt.
2. It's probably the most consistent source in terms of time investment at least when combined with "offline" runs, followed by gambling.

@art_vandelay Mmh, I don't find it.

I just want to know what's the chance to have a specific affix combination.

Like how many rare rings with the required ilvl have the affix 15@.

Btw what would be the best charlevel for gambling "Boots" (the ones without str-req).

I'm just lvl ~55 or so, don't think that is enough for the strength and dexterity affix. On the other hand resis, frw, fhr, magic find all are available way before that I think.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High