1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

20 in fact + few Zons. Same gear. Zons have charms.
Code:
+40% FRW Boots
+40% FRW M'avina's belt
+40% FRW Trang-Oul's body
+30% FRW Circlet/Tiara/Diadem
+61% FRW BoS (Sins only, no charms =)
Frostburn +40% Mana + Mana regen (1.08 Sins have 1.08 Craft Lesser caster shields, more mana & regen)
+100-120 Mana Rings+Amu+Wand
1.07 Sins have a Buckler. Start Item =)

I have build my runners as much as I've done racks :/

m4ke

I just rushed to A4 (1.00) and I had killed Meph and the rushees were on the left. That Hydra guy then attacked me from the right side and dropped the Jade Figurine. So my rushees got the quest done. It seems to be the same as Radament and Izual. One have to be close enough when that drops. Never got the drop when I have been rushing and alone.

m4ke
I have been rushing in 1.00 more and in Classic or at least in 1.00 the rusher can get the drop without any rushees nearby. Helps a lot completing that quest =)

m4ke

I'd say NO. I've forwarded some chars to current and I decided to rush and powerlevel (Enchant+1.07 Ravenclaw) one sorc in current to farm NM Andy for SoJ's.

m4ke

• Sad
Reactions: d2lover
Mmh, then I think I level a Hammerdin for 1.10 bkwb-beta who will then in turn level a fire only sorceress from lvl 25.

Hammerdin is just the cheapest solution, I think.

I think level 80 should be enough.

Btw how do you deal with the Fallens in Andariels chamber? Do you just teleport on Andariel and then throw fireballs or how is this done?

That Sorc is now 94 or 95 and she became a classic meteorb during NM and Hell. In fact she is currently at Act 4 Hell =) Not even Mat yet =) Too Much AT running I quess..

m4ke

Edit: NM Andy is no problem. And that's the place you pick up SoJ's. Even with full fire Sorc.

Ok, I have not gone that way.. But you can rush a Sorc in 1.07 to Hell (42) and level her up at NM cows (I quess).

Llv 42 char @Hell Act 1 end = 41 + 4 + 4 + 1 skillpoints before Hell Andy. And that's not levelled in 1.07 etc. Your FireBall will be quite big for Hell Andy with those points.

I have not tested levelling in NM cows in 1.07 so I can't say for sure but I quess She will gain a few levels quite easily..

m4ke

Okay, my barb doesn't need a SoJ in 1.07. Sorc neither, she goes fine:
01_Sorc_at_84.jpg
110 unused stat points =) And she can do her tasks. Rushing is not one of then ATM. My Java deals that fast enough.

Then it's lost of SoJ's to current =)

m4ke

Edit: Got 2 more =) at this time..

She don't need more than 75 Dex. I don't know where it comes =) ATM 1.00 so I can't check. She is ES hybrid which works very well in 1.07 (maybe 1.08 too).

Shield is some random Caster Craft with +allres and socketed with 2xPDiamonds. With Wizzy she's maxed all the time.

m4ke

If you have access to 1.00 you should have no shortage of SoJs... Beta BKWB is where it's at after that.

I see. I'm not planning to go to 1.10a.

m4ke

Edit: And no shortage any more. If SoJ's on the ground are counted I have many by now =)

Edit2: Or am I? @Helvete tell us is there any bugged Andy or not when forwarding chars?

Last edited:
I believe andy only gets bugged by doing the quest in 1.10+ but I haven't tested it. Mainly because I already have so many characters where she is bugged, and I'm keeping my early patch chars where they are.

Further info dump:

I compared max sockets for all patches and came up with this:
gemsocketsfinal.png
How to read this: Everything that is green has the same maximum sockets as today and can be looked up on the basin wiki:
If the field is yellow however that means the number of sockets is different from modern patches. There are two cases:
  1. If it's a number without a subscript then this is the maximum number of sockets for that item in that patch for all possible ilvls, e.g. Monarch, Aegis and Ward get a maximum of 3 sockets at any ilvl in 1.07.
  2. If it's a number with the subscript 40 then the max sockets of this item for ilvl at most 40 coincide with modern max sockets for those ilvls. However for ilvl bigger than 40 they are different and in order to get the max sockets at ilvl bigger than 40 you need to take the minimum of the number in the yellow field with the modern patch max sockets. For example look at a Thresher, in modern it can has a maximum of 5os at ilvl greater than 40 while in the table it has a 4 with a subscript of 40. That means that the maximum number of sockets in 1.07-1.08 is min(5,4)=4 and hence the maximum number of sockets of a Thresher is 4 in 1.07-1.08.
With this template it should be possible to determine every max socket number in any patch for any item, using just the tables at the AB wiki.

Last edited:
Your table shows circlets in 1.07 get 1 socket (which is true when they spawn with an affix for sockets) but doesn't account for magic circlets being able to get 3 sockets from Larzuk. Rares still only get 1 from Larzuk.

The numbers above are a global limit from the text files and apply to any form of socketing. I haven't socketed a circlet in 1.07 yet (because of the 1os thing) but I'd be amazed to hear that someone actually got 3os via Larzuk.

Perhaps I am misremembering. I recall a way to get 3os on blue circlets that I found in 1.07. Perhaps I showed them to Larzuk in a later patch.

That can't happen though, Larzuk only gives up to 3os to magic items in 1.07. The only way to get circlets (Tiaras and Diadems) with 3os at all is to have either the affix Artisan's or Jeweler's spawn on them in a patch 1.10a or higher. It's a shame really, no 3 Skilltab/20FCR/3os circlets are possible :confused:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High