1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Ok it seems I remember wrong. 1os in 1.07 and 2os from larzuk in later patches. My mistake.

Further info dump:

I compared max sockets for all patches and came up with this:
View attachment 58880
How to read this: Everything that is green has the same maximum sockets as today and can be looked up on the basin wiki:
If the field is yellow however that means the number of sockets is different from modern patches. There are two cases:
  1. If it's a number without a subscript then this is the maximum number of sockets for that item in that patch for all possible ilvls, e.g. Monarch, Aegis and Ward get a maximum of 3 sockets at any ilvl in 1.07.
  2. If it's a number with the subscript 40 then the max sockets of this item for ilvl at most 40 coincide with modern max sockets for those ilvls. However for ilvl bigger than 40 they are different and in order to get the max sockets at ilvl bigger than 40 you need to take the minimum of the number in the yellow field with the modern patch max sockets. For example look at a Thresher, in modern it can has a maximum of 5os at ilvl greater than 40 while in the table it has a 4 with a subscript of 40. That means that the maximum number of sockets in 1.07-1.08 is min(5,4)=4 and hence the maximum number of sockets of a Thresher is 4 in 1.07-1.08.
With this template it should be possible to determine every max socket number in any patch for any item, using just the tables at the AB wiki.

I have yet to see an Archonplate with 4 sockets in 1.07, can you confirm they don't have max 3 sockets?

I got this in my stash:
Code:
Archon Plate
Defense: 503
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 77
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x535a3b73
Socketed (4: 0 used)

m4ke

Ah ok, then I'm just unlucky haha, on the other hand I found some good Enigma bases, but no way I'm making Enigma in a highreq armor.

Is the repaircost of a superior Enigma unbearable? (in an AP)

What about the low runewords like duress, peace, etc?

1. Eld/Pul Runes

These affect the primary weapon even if they are socketed in the secondary one. So far there was no consensus on the best off-hand socket filller for the Bul-Kathos' Set but this might just be it. Another 75% ED vs. Demons essentially for free. And Pul is easy to obtain via HF rushes.
And this is for 1.07 only? I was thinking to send my 1.08 (still in 1.07) Trav Barb to 1.09 instead. Any suggestions for a 1.09 Trav Cleaner?

m4ke

@m4ke It also works from off-hand in modern so my guess would be that it also does in 1.09 but the fact that ED vs. Demons/Undead works as a separate multiplier was patched out at some point makes me believe that that part is 1.07 (and maybe 1.08) specific.

Trav in 1.09 is already much like Trav in 1.14d when it comes to drops (except runes are much rarer). But I don't know why you would forward a perfectly good 1.07 char to 1.09 to farm runes when LK exists in 1.09b and has very good chances to drop Gul-Sur depending on psetting.

But I don't know why you would forward a perfectly good 1.07 char to 1.09 to farm runes ...
My 1.07 Trav Barb is a whole different story. I've rushed and leveled another barb for another patch. I just don't know which patch and what to do in that patch. I've three Barbs already in current so I don't need more Barbs there.

m4ke

Edit: In another words: I have one Barb too much =)

@m4ke I've not heard about any Trav barbs in 1.09b at all. But RobbyD mentions Barbs all the time (Frenzy/WW) for all kinds of things. You could try giving the old '1.09 Roll Call Thread' a read to get some inspiration ;)

I split my rune stash into few separate stashes as the one big took forever to open in ATMA (from network drive as a bonus).

I have 416 El and Eld runes. They got own stash. Then I moved Amn+ runes to their own stash (104) and renamed the remaining Tir-Thul stash (646).

~1k flawless gems -stash waits next for some serious cubing =)

And I have more MPK rings. I'll cube these in 1.07 until I get my second(!) with FCR.
Code:
Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x67bbc901
+25 to Mana After Each Kill

Prefix 1092 Ring
Fingerprint: 0x65e2a236
+31 to Mana After Each Kill

Prefix 1092 Ring of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x2a42a8bb
32% Extra Gold from Monsters
+36 to Mana After Each Kill

Prefix 1092 Ring
Fingerprint: 0x97cbc29
+30 to Mana After Each Kill

Prefix 1092 Ring
Fingerprint: 0x6ec07776
+27 to Mana After Each Kill

m4ke

Huh, never seen this sort of area (in CS) before. There was even a bone chest in there, and some enemies (Venom Lords&Finger Mages.)
Screenshot008.jpg

Reactions: entwilighter
It happens. The earlier the patch, the more of these there are. IIRC there are still some remaining in the Tower Cellar in 1.14d

RobbyD said the same thing about quest bugging, he did it in 1.09 though:

d2Lover ja auch deutsch! :D

Boyz can I drop elite polearms while playin the game or do I have to rack em?

Kind regards
Daniel

Literally the first rack! <3

Problem ofc: Have to keep the rack, so no 1.07 meteor action! :(

Attachments

• Screenshot003.jpg
    Screenshot003.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: d2lover
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low