1.00 News, Info and Gossip

d2lover

Active member
Jun 24, 2020
335
178
43
@m4ke you can throw your SoJ(s) on the ground, collect another one from the King, get back to town and have multiple SoJs.

I tested this with a unique axe.
 

m4ke

Member
Jun 7, 2020
88
67
18
01_SoJ.png
16 ATM on the mule and 2 is in the use already. I'll keep this map for a while..
=)

m4ke
 

art_vandelay

Well-known member
Mar 16, 2020
310
509
93
I have a dilemma. I've rolled a Cows map that gives me always an unique Ring when I do that same run and game tells The King to drop an Unique.

If I take that SoJ, I can't mule it away without losing my map. However @Helvete offers in this thread many times advise to 'write protect your save file and ditch the original item afterwards'. I've just re-read the rules and it's not commented anyway except hotmuling is not 100% forbitten. Is this kind of temporaly duping allowed @maxicek ?
I would like to know whether this is allowed as well, @maxicek .
 

maxicek

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 24, 2019
272
190
43
It is basically no different from Hot Muling. I don't like it, but given how often it has been done in the past I can't ban it either. It is that horrible grey area that is "discouraged."

If you do it, be aware of the risks and be very very careful. I would much prefer that everyone used the MP option instead.
- Keep an MP game up with a different character.
- Run the map in SP.
- If you need to mule off, join the MP game.
 

d2lover

Active member
Jun 24, 2020
335
178
43
Altho I might prefer rerolling the map once you took a peek at the failed unique ring.

Because this will be a dupe down to the fingerprint.
 

maxicek

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 24, 2019
272
190
43
@d2lover If you are commenting on what I wrote, you don’t lose the map. The map is kept by the host character, you do the runs on SP with a static map.
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
The great, great advantage of hosting an MP game to find good maps is that you get to mule stuf ON to the character as well. With write protection, you can only mule stuff off.

Keeping an MP game stable for days and weeks, however, can pose a challenge.
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
OK, so I know I was able to take screenshots in 1.00 before, but now they all turn out black. I also know that I had this issue before, but I can't for the life of me remember how I solved it?

I'm on win10 and I'm running the game in full screen (the left one) and I use Sven's Glide Wrapper.

EDIT: Problem solved by disabling the other screen. Seems like I found BOTD's great great great grandmother here:
mini-BOTD.jpgmini-BOTD.jpg
 
Last edited:

m4ke

Member
Jun 7, 2020
88
67
18
Keeping an MP game stable for days and weeks, however, can pose a challenge.
Keeping Windows stable for days is not possible :/

I'll make MP games for now on, check the map and continue in SP if any good. I think that's the way to go. And I have dropped enough SoJ's on the ground for now =)

m4ke
 

m4ke

Member
Jun 7, 2020
88
67
18
I did my first HF rush today. NM only because my n1 Barb is not A4 Hell yet =) Stopped in A3 to visit Flayer Jungle for some rings. Here is what I got.

Normal. Rusher had completed the guest all way to Ashaera but he was still able to activate the Gidbinn and get the drop. He obviouslu couldn't pick it up.
01_Norm_Rings.png
NM: Rusher had not completed the guest but he let still one rushee to pick it up and didn't talk to Ashaera:
02_NM_Rings.png
No Hell yet. Need to push to A4 first with some chars.

Normal is quite a ** but NM gets some leech (50/50). No dual leech still. I'll do Hell some day.

Question: LLML is alvl 6. Why it doesn't spawn in Normal rings? NM yes and plenty. (yes it's only 7 rings but NM get leech 50/50)

m4ke
 
  • Like
Reactions: art_vandelay

art_vandelay

Well-known member
Mar 16, 2020
310
509
93
Talked to fruit about item find in classic and this is what he still knew about it:
  • The percentage on the skill description is the chance with which you get one bonus item.
  • This item may upgrade to exceptional just like any other.
  • The quality is determined by a rnd(100). 5% chance for low quality, 65% chance for normal quality and 30% chance for superior. There was supposed to be a chance for magic as well but they messed up the chances so now it's just 0%.
  • It's unclear what TC is used and whether the global '5% chance to drop from good TC instead' applies.
I'm feeling like maxing this on a Barb and using it for a bit just to see whether it can drop gems and/or high sale value items. What else would I do with spare points anyway?
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
I never maxed find item, but the few people I talked to said it is borderline useless. The time spent horking is better spent making the next game. UNLESS you're doing full clear / single pass. But then you don't have points to spare...
 

art_vandelay

Well-known member
Mar 16, 2020
310
509
93
@Helvete What's your skill distribution on your highest barb (I think he was 91?). I'm considering FI mostly because I don't know what else to stat.

Also in your guide the wayback link to the AS Unique Section in the 1.00 guide lists 1.09+ stats, so for example Spectral Shard says '50% Faster Cast Rate'.
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
With +skills, I get lvl 9 Find Item, which gives a 44% chance (next lvl is 45% chance) but I never ever use it, because I got discouraged by the more or less useless white items.

Agh, the wayback link doesn't have captures for all items. Some pages are missing an early enough capture, including daggers. Probably better to remove the whole link.
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
Decided to follow my own damn guide, and started an 8-player party three days ago. I muled off the quest items from act 2, but I realized this was a blunder. Unpartying before cubing / using quest items is enough. I tested this in act 3. Unpartying will make A3Q6 show as "cannot be completed" for the remaining characters in game, but this is plain wrong. (Not that you need to complete that quest anyway; anyone can walk through any portal as long as it can be reached...)

Anyways, I'm going to update the walkthrough section based on this additional experience. I played with a full game throughout, just like last time, and I ran into a few obstacles:
- Some monsters have NUTS regen. Not all. But sometimes it happens. Notably, the vampires in Arcane Sanctuary and the Urdars in River of Flame.
- Full games make edging forwards very slow, and I wonder if it would be wise to exit the mules from the game for areas with notoriously persistent monsters
- Shit luck with FCR; had to shop A LOT this time. Excellent luck with LL/ML made up for it, however
- Some areas, you have to clear like half of it for your XP-leeching other main character to be safe. Act 4 outdoor areas are a pain in this regard.

Anyway, I approximate having played around 20 hours all in all, and I just beat Diablo, with barb and sorc lvl 28, all mules lvl 1. Hopefully, 1 additional MP game on normal can make both chars lvl 30, and from there, it's easy.
 

art_vandelay

Well-known member
Mar 16, 2020
310
509
93
- Some monsters have NUTS regen. Not all. But sometimes it happens. Notably, the vampires in Arcane Sanctuary and the Urdars in River of Flame.
Vampires 'leech' life when their fireballs hit you. I have no clue about the mechanics in classic but in modern patches people found that they leech 100% of their firedamage regardless of how much fire resist you have. So basically each of those missiles provides extra 'regen' and dodging them makes the killing faster in my experience.

Of course they also have tons of HP.
 

Helvete

Member
Mar 13, 2020
82
96
18
37
Tromsø, Norway
Yeah, and to make matters worse, they have something like "half freeze duration", so you can't lock them in place easily. Pretty resistant to cold as well.

Urdars, on the other hand, aren't very resistant to anything. BUT they regen super duper fast at times. I just saw one regen from sliver to full in less than 15 seconds, which is unheard of in later patches.

Change to walkthrough part of guide is live now. Won't be the last change, but this one was substantial.