1.09 News, Info and Gossip - Make 1.09 Great Again

m4ke

Jun 7, 2020
I decided to level more with Meph. He also still gives grailers reqularly. I tested P settings for more XP because I didn't see any difference in run times. He can be slivered at P14-19. After that I didn't find any setting. Tested 20,21,25,30,35,40,45,50,55-64.

I found three different behaviours. 1. Health didn't drop at all !! 2. It dropped some and 3. It dropped some more. Weird =) Don't know what the cap is in Hell but 'some more' was like to 't' in his name.

m4ke

Reactions: art_vandelay

m4ke

Jun 7, 2020
I've been wondering that Merc weapon. How can this (AmnAmnShael):
Code:
Hone Sundan
Yari
Two-Hand Damage: 110 to 220
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 101
Required Level: 37
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x68812aaa
+200% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 durability in 10 seconds
Socketed (3: 0 used)
beat this:
Code:
Honor
Thresher
'AmnElIthTirSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 58 to 666
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x3872b81f
+10 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
+1 to All Skill Levels
+1 to Light Radius
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Deadly Strike
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)
Is it that CB only? How much do we fight Act Bosses and the Merc is doing the killing? I mean we play 100% twinked and propably all Act Bosses are killed already..

m4ke

art_vandelay

Mar 16, 2020
@m4ke I think it has to do with the fact that CB scales with playersetting and so merc can take on immune bosses even on higher playersettings. But yes, that Honor is otherwise totally better.

m4ke

Jun 7, 2020
I've been running Meph for my Zon's bow but no luck so far. But he just dropped this:

m4ke

Edit: Yes, odd indeed..

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020
Hey! Thanks for making this thread, art!

I have just started in 1.09 with a Sorceress, "Charmed", who was rushed to NM Ancients in 1.07 then brought forward. At first I was planning to purely farm SCs with her, but I have decided to try to build her into a ranged Enchantress with ES. ATM she is level 44, and going has been tough due to low life and low level ES, but I LOVE the way that teleporting ranged Enchantress plays and I'll definitely build more in other patches (not sure it's the best build for this patch, but we'll see). I am not planning to take her into Hell anyway, since I prefer the affixes available in NM for LLD gear.

I have some questions about the Rogue Scout "lightning hose". Anyone have any experience with it? Is it as powerful as they say? From what I have read, once she has a +3 skills she will either shoot arrows or her lightning attack. Does the attack have a consistent duration or can it be shorter or longer? I am trying to work out both whether it is worth using and if so, whether it is better to maximise IAS (faster cycling between arrows/lightning - more lightning) or to minimise IAS (less chance of the lightning attack being "overwritten" by shooting arrows).

I'm pretty in the dark here, so if nobody knows I will try to work it out myself when she gets to the right clvl and will report what I find.

Here's a couple of Charmed's trophies so far:
Screenshot003.jpg
Screenshot021.jpg

Last edited:

Klonki

Jun 29, 2020
I hope someone or RobbyD himself finds this forum and this thread!

He started it on the other site, years ago :) Many memories with 1.09!

Maybe im ghonna start it once again one day, remember the guided arrow

glitch!

Reactions: entwilighter

Delsy

Jul 4, 2020
My frenzier found Pompeii's Wrath off NM Meph and there's no timer when the Volcano is triggered (v1.09b). What a pleasant surprise. If that works for all items, I'm already loving TGV!

Also, I found Nightsmoke in early normal and it has single handedly solved mana needs for my frenzier (currently in A2 Hell). That was a revelation to me.

Reactions: entwilighter
Mar 23, 2020
So it seems the Rogue Scout Lightning attack is pretty powerful. I made a quick video of her soloing NM Bloody Foothills. I am still experimenting with the setup. I noticed that with "Stealth" on, she seemed to be shooting a lot less lightning and casting a lot more Inner Sight etc. so it seems to be affected by mods like FHR/FCR/FRW or at least, her AI is affected. She cast noticeably more lightning with Iron Pelt on, and it feels like she does even more with no armour at all, as you will see in the video. It would be cool to find a setup where she constantly sprays lightning. >:~)

Edit: rather nice SC that was in her inventory:
Code:
Serpent's Small Charm of Inertia
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Unidentified
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xaa6fb8f9
+14 to Mana
5% Faster Run/Walk

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Mar 16, 2020
I have reason to believe that you don't get +50% XP per player in 1.09b but instead something higher. Basically I read on another site that the XP bonus is +66,6% per player and decided to test it. I killed a champion Frozen Scourge in the Ancient's Way and got 210474 XP for it, for the record I'm level 77 and the Frozen Scourge Champ is level 92 with a base XP of 44707. (global XP penalty at level 77 is 50%)

With +50% per player I calculate about 168k XP from the Scourge but with +66,6% per player I get 205k which doesn't match the actual ingame XP gain.

Now the d2wiki claims it's even more convoluted:
and with those percentages I get 210k. (+275% used)

So I guess d2wiki is correct on this. It doesn't list XP bonus for p9 though and claims you only get +5% after that for each player.

Since you only get +25% extra for p6, p7, p8 it seems to me those might not be worth it for leveling unless you want to exploit static slivering certain bosses.