The Shapeshifting MP Group

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             77  A1 Hell
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal
d2lover        Stunningham      Druid        Stun/Maul/Oak             24  A3 Norm

@ffs - maybe I don't know what I'm doing on the IAS calculators.. If I enter all my wep/IAS info, it gives me one FPA reading at the bottom. However, if I click "show table" the numbers don't match.. :unsure:

I am trying to figure out if I need the Shael in the ES, or can put an IAS jewel? I am at lvl 14 Werewolf right now, but could easily boost it a few more levels as it looks like that may make the difference? If I put in 30% IAS with the ES, and lvl 14 WW, it gives me 8 FPA. If I give him lvl 15 WW, it displays 7 FPA. However, like I said, the table still shows 8 FPA with that last setup. Any idea which one is correct?

Goal #2 is to boost his Armageddon damage, as I figure that will be the most beneficial to the group. For starters, I realized that despite pwning all of Normal/most of NM, Fissure is not a good way to improve geddon damage.. :ROFLMAO:

My second question is concerning +FSD% and -EFR% though. I am pretty certain that any FSD will improve Armageddon. But, is -EFR% applied at the time of casting? or at the time of damage being dealt? (basically could you have -ELR gear on switch, or it needs to be worn at all times)

Last edited:
Needs a Shael, unfortunately. Probably the confusing thing about the calc is that it shows 8 FPA in the table, but Shael'ed Earth Shifter is supposed to reach "7 FPA"? Shael is the only way to hit 7 FPA on the first 4 attacks, that is meant by "reaching 7 FPA", but the last attack is 12 frames. So the whole sequence is 7/7/7/7/12, which averages out at 8 FPA, and I think the "show table" button shows that average. With IAS jewel you'd get 8/8/8/8/13.

FSD doesn't improve Armageddon damage, at least according to AB wiki. :/

• Wow
Reactions: D2DC
I need to add this build back onto my 'to do' list. I just checked my stashes and seem to have a 299ED Earth Shifter :cool:
I just checked the calculator as I was curious and agree with @ffs - The table shows the average, you can see some values like 8.2 in it.

Also @skiffcz Logan is an awesome name for a wolf barb. Or should I say wolverine barb?
@D2DC where does Kren-Douar name come from?

Ahh, average makes sense now. Thanks @ffs. Cant believe FSD doesnt work! I will double check, but I believe it does change LCS. That doesnt mean much though..
  • Displayed fire damage per second is calculated as though +% Fire Skill Damage applies, but it does not.
Yep. That's kinda crazy. How is this NOT a fire skill?

@maxicek - I went with a Celtic language for Druids. Just browsing online dictionaries, I felt Breton had one of the more comprehensive ones, and names that I could (sort of) pronounce. Also, a great deal of the words have a "k" in them, or end in "n" or "nn". (I try to stick a letter theme as well as language..) So, Kren-Douar is Breton for "Earthquake". :D

Perhaps I spend too much time on my character names? 😝

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek and zemaj
With everyone coordinating mercs and auras, it occurs to me that it might be good idea for one of the bears to run an A1 'Harmony' merc or bears will pretty consistently be lagging behind the wolves... either that or wolves could literally run circles around the bears, help pull in more mobs. Also could just let wolves run ahead, and if they find WP, area entrance, etc. drop a TP for faster play-through.

Just a thought. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

@D2DC Character name is everything for me too. I’m not often very creative in coming up with names so normally plunder fantasy literature. And very often this ends up driving the build itself. Sometimes I am reading a book and the idea of a D2 build starts from there.

• Love
Reactions: D2DC
is the unique ogermaul with shael socket fast on bear with maul-attack?

kinda would take the roll of actbosskiller, with goreriders(goblins have no frw), guillaumes.

armor will be viper because of the fc and resis, it helps stunning, i believe

also, I choose Heart of the wolverine over Oaksage, because we already have BO

Praxidike is part way into A2 NM now, and I will get some time in later today, so she should be good for Saturday.

I was going to run Faith Rogue to ensure she hits fastest attack speed, but I can also run a Harmony Rogue again if someone else will have Faith taken care of. The 1-frame difference when outside the aura should be too much trouble given what her damage and vita pool *should* be.

On character names, I'm terribly uncreative as my 7x7 showed, so I've recently been relying on Greek mythology for lesser gods/spirits that match something about the build or gear. Otherwise this assassin might be named Nancy :)

Reactions: ffs
I'm occupied saturday

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             77  A1 Hell
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal

• Sad
Reactions: maxicek
@d2lover That is a shame. I will post how far we get after Saturday, if you can catch up solo you can always join Sunday

I think I'm going to go the 4 FPA PB route with 25% crushing blow. I figure in the MP group there are enough other elements / physical builds to help with LIs.

My merc is now defiance + Infinity. If nobody brings a Harmony merc, I can also run a bit of vigor on occasions myself, when I'm not in combat.

Reactions: PhineasB
Assassin is part way into A5 NM, currently running Faith Rogue and nearly to lvl 69 to equip eBotD. She’s been shifted since Shenk and having lots of fun. I can run Harmony for MP session if someone else will be running Faith Rogue.

I think @skiffcz mentioned he would/could be running Harmony Merc?

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level        Merc
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________        ________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             77  A1 Hell          Might & Infinity
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell          Defiance & Infinity
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell          Harmony
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell          Might & Pride
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal        Faith

Maybe easier to keep an overview this way. :D

EDIT: @D2DC seems like @maxicek is the only one who will really benefit from Infinity (and he brings it himself). Reaper probably helps more then?

Last edited:
I think @skiffcz mentioned he would/could be running Harmony Merc?

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level        Merc
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________        ________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             77  A1 Hell          Might & Infinity
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell          Defiance & Infinity
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell          Harmony
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell          Might & Pride
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal        Faith

Maybe easier to keep an overview this way. :D

EDIT: @D2DC seems like @maxicek is the only one who will really benefit from Infinity (and he brings it himself). Reaper probably helps more then?
Good idea putting mercs in the table. 👍

I went max Geddon dmg, figuring the area damage would be most beneficial, hence Infinity. But, I can always slap on Fort, LoH etc and give Reapers to merc.

We were all waiting for someone else to add the mercs in - @ffs gave in first :p

So my LCS is looking like this at the moment:
Isklor LCS clvl77.jpg

Currently I'm carrying 6 Captain's Skillers. Numbers are without BO, just shifted.
- Do I need to bring my CtA? If yes I have to fit the cube in my inventory, but I'm assuming @skiffcz can cover BO duties.
- I think I need to fit in a Demon Limb though as nothing is increasing my base AR. Either that or change to Blessed Aim Merc.
- Captain's Skillers don't add a huge amount of damage, but I don't know what else is worth putting in instead. I could go Steel & Sharp GCs I guess. Or SCs of Vita.

Any opinions?

@D2DC Ah got it, somehow I assumed you were focusing on physical damage, by all means then! It's not like we're going to need one or the other per se, I think. :)

@maxicek I'd go with a bunch of AR charms. With Infinity, just adding a couple of hundred points base AR can do a whole lot for CtH already. As you said skillers aren't super crucial. HF benefits, but most damage comes from Dreams. Can always throw in Demon Limb or BA Merc later if you feel AR from inventory doesn't do the trick...

I think @skiffcz can take over BO duties yes :D probably we're all going to have big life pools anyway even without any BO...

Reactions: maxicek
Here is what I've been running: +3 elemental ammy, CoH, BK wedding band and full Natural Skillers. Gives him lvl 43 Armageddon.
Screenshot999.jpg

If I go with Fort and a mix of Elemental/Shape-Shifting skillers I gain 250-2000 (~1150 average) Fury damage, but lose ~1300 on Geddon. I figured that I should just go for maximum total overall damage since we are usually mowing through mobs so quickly. However, it doesn't look like we have any PI-breaking solutions? So, I can always go the Fort/Reaper etc route.
Screenshot995.jpg

@maxicek - Yea, looks like you could use a couple steel charms there..

@ffs - Is the IAS calc correct? In that I need lvl 15 WW to reach the 7fpa breakpoint?

I think I need to fit in a Demon Limb though as nothing is increasing my base AR. Either that or change to Blessed Aim Merc.
I'm a fan of Blessed Aim merc, as AR and cth is a key stat for me (whiffing is never fun). Especially with three A2 mercs, I think one BA merc would be handy to have around, and generally think AR boost will benefit more than defense, notwithstanding Conviction aura. But I think the crew will be fine either way! We got to Ancient's Way before work this am, so I'm hoping to finish up NM tonight and then get a little leveling in at Pindle. The eBotD is fun :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High