The Shapeshifting MP Group

What's up:

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             19  A2 Normal
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                56  A5 NM
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           1   A1 Normal
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell

Normal and NM were done in 3 turbo-twinked sessions these last few days. Thanks for pointing out the Cave as leveling option @maxicek. It is teeming with LIs, not ideal for Java, but indeed didn't take long for 82.

We then respec'ed to Bear build and ran the Cave a bit more, checking out a few gearing options and getting to 83 from those runs. No WPs and quests of course. :)

Couldn't find anything better than the Grief setup outlined above, so that's what she's rocking, with blood craft items completing the "TBD" slots.

I can already see I'll have fun with this char, despite the fact that I'll just be holding down RMB most of the time. :D

--

Regarding PIs: Seems like we'll get fire damage from Enchant/Demon Limb and tons of cold/lightning from @maxicek. Not sure if @PhineasB is going to hybridize with traps, bringing more elemental damage to the table? EDIT: Plus Fissure from @D2DC. For the occasional PI boss it seems we're good in any case.

As for areas with lots of PIs, I will keep Reaper's in stash and swap it in for Pride on the Merc if necessary. Can also carry Atma's Scarab in inventory for the same purposes, maybe even 4x Shael'ed Gris Caddy in stash to proc Amp ASAP. (Pride Merc wouldn't be ideal in these areas anyway, because he can blind targets. Tends to happen in longer fights such as against PIs, and cannot be overwritten by Amp/Decrep.)

Seems the Zon is very hard to hit as is and (while helpful) Defiance isn't a huge deal. So I'm thinking about going Might after all. Anyone else considering going Defiance Merc? @maxicek maybe, I guess you'll primarily deal elemental damage? Obviously whenever the group is sticking together it doesn't matter anyway, but when separated occasionally, I think she'd benefit a little more from Might. But in the end no biggie, I can go either way. After all, Defiance still helps me by reducing block/interruptions, and with keeping the squishy Pride Merc alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: D2DC and PhineasB
Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             19  A2 Normal
maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           1   A1 Normal
ffs            Furry            Amazon       Fuzzy Dodger              83  A1 Hell

I'm levelled but need to respec and finish gearing. My merc is currently Might + Infinity. Infinity I need to keep but his aura can be something else if necessary. Defiance is probably not a bad choice if physical shifters are bringing the Might. HF I obviously don't need, about the only other one that may make sense is Blessed Aim.

Plenty of space for more people to join this still. @PhineasB add yourself to the table :)

Last edited:
Code:

maxicek        Isklor           Paladin      Polar Bear                77  A1 Hell
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal
I'm zeroing in on gear, but I haven't fully decided on skills. Venom will be maxed, but Fade doesn't need to be, leaving lots of extra points. Blade Shield is what other Bearsin Mats have used, but it seems pretty blah and the real issue will be PIs. So I'm leaning toward maxed Shadow Warrior with LS and DS pointed, to allow me to have that on right-click to control whether the Warrior casts it.

My understanding is that Warrior's slvl for traps will be determined by the character's slvl for that skill plus the slvl for Warrior. Does that sound right? If so, max LS, one point DS, and extra points in Fire Blast for extra DS shots? And the goal would be to limit use of DS for resurrectors and have LS to help with PIs, and not have to unshift to cast by controlling when Warrior uses the skill.

Reactions: ffs
So I'm leaning toward maxed Shadow Warrior with LS and DS pointed, to allow me to have that on right-click to control whether the Warrior casts it.
Yeah I figured something along those lines, in fact went for a similar build on my Zod Sin (Bear as well). But with full focus on DS and indeed using Blade Shield rather than Venom.

In her case I found the SW used DS often enough for it to be worthwhile, but for the sake of expectation management, SW is not exactly keen on spamming traps. :D

Reactions: PhineasB
Yes, I cannot play with Shadow Master. Much too frustrating, especially with MB usage. I think I used twice (or maybe thrice) in my 7x7 and after the last one I said never again :)

Whoops, reading comprehension is overrated :rolleyes: Thanks for clarifying!

I was planning to twink through NM as a trapper, but I may fiddle around with the Warrior and Claws of Thunder instead. If she's likely be distracted by melee attacks to not drop traps, it seems giving her elemental damage to melee might make sense. And that would allow leaving active the Warrior's attack on LMB so Praxidike can leave normal attack on RMB for simpler play. My recollection is the Warrior is limited to 15 frames but Fanaticism speeds that up. My sense is that the Warrior won't add much either way but I'm curious to see.

Last edited:
Ding.

I'll gear him up and get some feel for him during the week, Im moving so that needs to be sorted out first.

Code:

skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell
PhineasB       Praxidike        Assassin     Venomous Bearsin          29  A4 Normal

Reactions: ffs
@PhineasB Makes sense. Again I still found "SW + trap on RMB" worked well enough, just don't expect the SW to constantly have 5 traps up and running. :) So not a super reliable PI solution on its own, but if need be you can always use a trap yourself. I assume that's allowed from time to time, sort of like the ">50% Vengeance" rule in the last group. :)

My understanding is that Warrior's slvl for traps will be determined by the character's slvl for that skill plus the slvl for Warrior. Does that sound right?
It's Assassin's slvl/2 + SW lvl /3. From my understanding the SW level is determined when SW is summoned and that slvl remains decisive, whereas for the trap the slvl is determined in the moment the SW uses it (AB wiki).

Code:

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             69  A5 NM
skiffcz        Logan            Barb         3fpa Feral Wolf           79  A1 Hell
Screenshot993.jpg
Finally gets to hit stuff.. Straight up Fissure/Armageddon until now. Didn't run into any FIs until A4/5, so didn't really have any difficulties. P8 nearly the whole way except for narrow places like Maggot Lair, and Chaos Sanctuary (FIs).

A couple VERY nice back to back finds:
Screenshot991.jpg
Screenshot992.jpg

I am running a Might merc as well. Will probably be running 'Infinity' but can switch to Reaper's if that would be better.

Welcome aboard @d2lover, add yourself to the table. No limit on number of Druids, just max 8 characters total :)

Edit: I updated the first post with a bit more details from the last thread. I'm assuming we are still starting Saturday, I think @PhineasB can level his character in about 15mins the rate he pops out Mats & Pats.

I'm wondering how killspeed will compare to the last group?

Last edited:
Beautiful skiller @D2DC!

I'm wondering how killspeed will compare to the last group?
I'd guess it will be similar. Coincidentally I recently played builds very close to the ones you guys are going for (HF/Dream Pally, Earth Shifter Druid, Bearsin, Wolfbarb) and they all held their ground on P8 solo even. My Zon won't have highest DPS but still solid, ~6k avg at 6 FPA and super tanky, and at least in early A1 Hell no problem to P8 solo either... So I'm not worried. :)

Especially with the nice addition of @d2lover bringing another "native" Druid build. But I gotta say I'd love to see some 4 FPA Fire Claw action! ;)

Btw as for PI solution, think I'll just carry a Lacerator for use in PI heavy areas. That should do the trick with quickly proc'ing Amp if needed. I'll keep Reaper's/Atma's stashed if needed for whatever reason.

Code:

D2DC           Kren-Douar       Druid        Earth Shifter             69  A5 NM
d2lover        Stunningham      Druid        Stun/Maul/Oak             24  A3 Norm

I max Oak or HoW, and put my points to Werebear/Maul/Stun/Lycantrophy

1 point into the Bear

By the way, don't use an Insightmerc if you have better options please.

I will use Prayermerc+1.07 eth Insight, but I couldn't care less for the meditationauralevel.

Just so we have always mana and I can stun everything :)

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High