Single Player D2R News round up

I can't put to words how excited the news of Dclone and Ubers made me. The original news of the D2 being remastered was enough reason for me to contemplate buying a new laptop and D2R. But this news really seals the deal.

As a long time Battlenet player that switched 11 years ago to SP due to a lack of time to invest in a ladder I stalled the decision to swith to SP for a long time. A big factor in stalling being the absence of Annihilus and Torches. At Dii forum my avatar even was the Annihilus sc...

I think I haven't played for more than a year due to time constraints, so the question is with what to start?

Before the release of D2R I will probably spend some time farming keys and setting up a smiter. After the release abviously collecting the Torches and Anni. I really wonder how Dclone will be triggered. Any news on that?

After that time constraints probably come into play, but maybe I'll continue finishing my 99'er Wind Druid (sits now @ lvl 95) or my lvl 97 Hammerdin.

Most likely not, and I end up with a new laptop and a game that I hardly play, but man this news gets me excited and I am happy that D2 gets some love.

Reactions: D2DC and ziambe
Well, maybe there was a workaround I didn't know of 🤷‍♂️ but when I hit the button install a popup appeared with something like "make sure your graphic card meets the minimum requirements" or something like it and then the installation process was cancelled...

First time I hear a game preventing you from installing it because it assumes you can't run it! :O
I've encountered a few. Most of them were way back in the '90s and early 2000s though. But then those were also the days where it was pretty hit and miss on whether the game would actually work on your machine anyway after the install.

After that I went for a long time where they would just install regardless until DA: Inquisition. Reason being it required at least a quad core processor and I only had a dual core at the time.

Do we know if the same patch will be applied to regular old d2? As if, are we getting integrated RWM and event Tristram regardless if we switch to D2R or stay on regular d2? My guess is no but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

If they patch D2 then fewer people will buy D2R, thus I think it's quite obvious that the new changes will be applied only to the D2R and there is no need for official announcement on that part. I think D2 will stay to 1.14d forever, there won't be any further changes to it. Any new changes will always apply to D2R and D2R only.

Reactions: Miron and Kartongen
Hmm... In the past year, Trav dropped me 2 SoJs and Chaos 3 (1 just last week). I guess I'm all set! :p

Reactions: D2DC and Babyhell
Good News: You can have Torch & Anni for your PvP characters
Bad News: You can't play PvP as we removed TCP/IP

Maybe there will be a way we can play SP characters on Blizz servers, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I updated the first post with links for the Uber stuff.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High