Single Player D2R News round up

I was wondering how the transition regardint gomule will work? Anyone knows?
GoMule for D2R is a branch from the original development, not developed by Silospen & Randall. I'm assuming it will need a completely seperate installation, certainly this will be the best approach to avoid cross contamination of items. Maybe it will support 1,14d too, we will have to see.

Note: Read the rules about GoMule first as this version may support feature we don't support.

• Love
Reactions: Zodiac and coju
With how much they have stressed that they are keeping the game as close to the original as possible, I am absolutely certain drop rates will be the same. (At least at launch, but probably also going forward.) Not seen any official word though.

Also, welcome to the forums. ^^
Thanks for the welcome and reply! Nice to hear about this sentiment.

Reactions: Kartongen
Read the rules about GoMule first as this version may support feature we don't support.
I've been toying with the idea of using the new shared stash in game to go old school with mules. (Mostly because I'm still trying to get comfortable with Windows and don't want to deal with installing Java just yet.) The shared stash will be much easier than the old Fast User Switching method for muling I used when I first started out.

Then again, I'm without question a digital hoarder, so I'll probably give in eventually. (I don't remember Fast User Switching lasting all that long before I went bootcamp for ATMA.)

Do we know if there will be a limit to the number of characters for SP and if we can reorder characters from the character select screen?

I used to use Fast User Switching too when I started, yuck. I'm planning on starting with the shared stash tabs, but I don't think it will take long until it gets tedious.

Looks like the new D2R GoMule has been created by Thrugg, who was at dii.net back in the day.

Looks like the new D2R GoMule has been created by Thrugg, who was at dii.net back in the day.
Actually I talked to the creator and he said he wasn't the old Thrugg, in fact he got his name from some monster in D3. I wonder where the D3 monster got his name from :D

I must admit I bit the bullet and ended up ordering a stupid gaming laptop that can handle D2R. Feeling a mix of shame and anticipation. :D

I'll keep things separate though, certainly not forwarding any SC tournament/farming chars, but probably will continue HC there and maybe forward a stash of essentials like Enigma, Infinity, some S&Us...

Reactions: maxicek
HP Omen 15. There are several models though, I didn't get the current/best model but some predecessor. A large retail store here (Germany) had it on sale 25% off, and from a bit of research on GPUs and D2R benchmark performance charts it seems it will do alright.

Super ugly of course (I never owned any non-Apple computer), but other options were downright disgusting visually. ;)

HP Omen 15. There are several models though, I didn't get the current/best model but some predecessor. A large retail store here (Germany) had it on sale 25% off, and from a bit of research on GPUs and D2R benchmark performance charts it seems it will do alright.

Super ugly of course (I never owned any non-Apple computer), but other options were downright disgusting visually. ;)
Really? Which retail store was it? Must have missed that sale. Also, how did I miss you were a fellow German?! :unsure: 😅

Really? Which retail store was it? Must have missed that sale.
Big evil store that one shouldn't support and is named after a gas giant. :) They still have the same offer (also on a bunch of other gaming laptops), in case you too are thinking about doing something dumb and immature. :D
Also, how did I miss you were a fellow German?! :unsure: 😅
Likewise :) although tbh there are many SPFers that applies to, now that I think about it..

Hmm I just found out that d2r doesnt support windows 7... So after all these years Iam finally forced to upgrade to windows 10.

Does anyone know if I will run into any problem with my old d2 game if I do so?

If it is an Intel processor, do yourself a favor and get throttlestop. Turning that on reduced my temps greatly (on an msi laptop) without much a performance hit.

Anybody heard about strength bug being fixed? I saw it on a list of changes on FB group but can't find the source.

BTW, I've read your forums back on diabloii.net when I played D2 like 15 years ago and it's how I fell in love in single player (after, I hate to admit, getting banned on bnet for using maphack). I quickly realized I have much more fun playing SP than bnet, especially with GoMule. I've read a lot of your forums but I don't think I've ever posted, so hello :)

I'm planning on starting with the shared stash tabs, but I don't think it will take long until it gets tedious.
By the end of the second beta weekend I had filled six mules and my stash tabs were stuffed.

GoMule is love, GoMule is life.

Hmm I just found out that d2r doesnt support windows 7... So after all these years Iam finally forced to upgrade to windows 10.

Does anyone know if I will run into any problem with my old d2 game if I do so?

I've been playing legacy D2 on Win10 for as long as Win10 has been a thing. You should be fine.

Reactions: Zodiac and maxicek
Glad to see GoMule is still around, even with the shared stash its still nice to have. Really looking forward to starting all over again, have been tinkering for a few months with a few builds but wanted to wait for the new version to get serious and start fresh. This weekend is going to be great.

I'm also very happy GoMule is still around. Grailing sets/uniques is much of the fun for me, and starting all over with it is going to be interesting. Really, this version is everything I want (and have wanted since day 1). I'm sure there are tweaks to gameplay and systems that could've been made I would've liked, but the problem with that is that my list of tweaks is probably not going to be the same as your list, or anybody elses.

I know some lament the loss of TCP/IP, but really, what did you expect in 2021? Blizzard, along with every other major game publisher, abandoned TCP/IP long ago. It's not coming back. They would have axed the project before including it.

Why, what is the problem with it? I play the game on a PC and two laptops. Without TCP/IP I can't mule items or twink characters. Much worse then that, I can't play multi-player, with real people. When my son comes home for the weekend, we now have no TCP/IP? We can't even play in the same game? Deal breaker for me.

I'm also very happy GoMule is still around. Grailing sets/uniques is much of the fun for me, and starting all over with it is going to be interesting. Really, this version is everything I want (and have wanted since day 1). I'm sure there are tweaks to gameplay and systems that could've been made I would've liked, but the problem with that is that my list of tweaks is probably not going to be the same as your list, or anybody elses.

I know some lament the loss of TCP/IP, but really, what did you expect in 2021? Blizzard, along with every other major game publisher, abandoned TCP/IP long ago. It's not coming back. They would have axed the project before including it.
How does TCP/IP work, and why can't it be continued?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High