Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

****The above Noodle vs. Bash Ash fight has nothing to do with the mafia game****

As all night actions are in, and it's a small game I'm going to start the day just a bit early.

Bad Ash was found dead this morning, his corpse was found at the corner of Adams and Franklin Streets

He was shot dead while eating a slice of pizza, the bullet went through his hand, the slice of pizza, and out the back side of his throat.

Bad Ash has died, he was Vanilla Town.

Day 2 has started and you may now post freely

Day 2 will run for just over 48 hours until 7PM CST on 07/24/2020

I will add timers and update relevant totals, etc shortly after dinner.

I'm also noticing that D2DC is defending zemaj a fair bit, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that D2DC and zemaj are mafia.
I am assuming that I will be under attack by iou again today considering this statement, although later he changed his mafia to me, BA and Pyro.

1. Where exactly did I defend Zemaj? I said that there is little to go off, and just asked you to explain your reasons for voting him.
2. I will concede that I made my fair share of shady comments yesterday. Kinda surprised that I didnt elicit any votes.
3. Several have mentioned how scummy it is for me to be "setup/rule specing" (which I DO enjoy.. :LOL:). However, pointing out the voting issue with rule 7 was most certainly beneficial to town.
4. Why were me and Pyro the only ones really trying to get a vote across the goal line? I already explained how beneficial a non-vote is for mafia.

Ok, enough defense.

Vote: Bad Ash

This was interesting to me. Immediately after I try to get Pyro to work together to at least 3 votes down on someone. Noodle pops up to lay down a vote on BA (at that point, he was a no-vote). Is this because he strategically wanted to avoid the extra scrutiny of being the final vote? Or, he simply saw it as an opportunity to open the door for a BA lynch? Either way its a bit fishy to me.

Then, we put 3 votes on iou and Noodle refuses to come on board. Is this because you have such a town read on iou? Or, for one of the reasons above? For whatever your reason, you are gambling with a potential no-lynch.. No bueno.

I dont expect answers to these questions because Noodle rarely explains himself. His attitude is the one mitigating factor. He often doesnt cooperate, and wont be forced into doing things even to the detriment of his own faction. Still high on my scumdar list tho.

Unless he played a game just before this one, this is Iou's first. So, I am trying to analyze with that caveat. However:

1. Not answering direct questions (especually about a vote) is VERY fishy. Scum want to stay anonymous. Get their votes in without people taking much notice.
2. Was (will be?) going after me (+pyro). Scum generally do not come right out in clear cooperation to start laying votes down on people. They like to hide their votes in the middle of a train, neither first nor last.
3. Also, didnt want to lay down a final vote (when we put 3 on noodle). Possibly because you had me, pyro, and BA as your mafia reads. Was noodle looking so town to you to risk a potential no-lynch tho?

Mitigating factors:
1. First game, but as I tried to show with the odds. A no-lynch is BAD.
2. Vote ON Zemaj. Iou placed this vote early, and left it there for quite some time. He also stated that he thinks Zemaj is scum. The fact that Zemaj got MKd and not voted opens the possibility that this was orchestrated. Zemaj says "sorry, I am not going to have time to play this game. just attack me, and that will help you out". This would explain the lack of an explanation around the Zemaj vote.

Still high on scumdar.

Can we get a clock up in here? Don't want to get modkilled for nighttime posting.
Dude. There were several links to game clocks in the thread..

Also, I directly pointed out the need for you to vote, even referencing the poor statistics of a no-lynch. So.. wheres the vote?

This has got to be your 8th game or so. I think Ive played ~5 with you, and you started before me. Yet, every game you have this same "no idea whats going on". FYI, its VERY scummy. Thats the only thing going for you in my book right now. Ive seen you play this way before, both as town/mafia.

However, I look at your non-vote with the most suspicion. Noodle just likes to float around in his pot of boiling water. Iou was suspicious of me/pyro. I even asked you who you wanted to target for cryin out loud..

Vote: Prestige7

I am assuming that I will be under attack by iou again today considering this statement, although later he changed his mafia to me, BA and Pyro.

1. Where exactly did I defend Zemaj? I said that there is little to go off, and just asked you to explain your reasons for voting him.
2. I will concede that I made my fair share of shady comments yesterday. Kinda surprised that I didnt elicit any votes.
3. Several have mentioned how scummy it is for me to be "setup/rule specing" (which I DO enjoy.. :LOL:). However, pointing out the voting issue with rule 7 was most certainly beneficial to town.
4. Why were me and Pyro the only ones really trying to get a vote across the goal line? I already explained how beneficial a non-vote is for mafia.
Unless he played a game just before this one, this is Iou's first. So, I am trying to analyze with that caveat. However:

1. Not answering direct questions (especually about a vote) is VERY fishy. Scum want to stay anonymous. Get their votes in without people taking much notice.
2. Was (will be?) going after me (+pyro). Scum generally do not come right out in clear cooperation to start laying votes down on people. They like to hide their votes in the middle of a train, neither first nor last.
3. Also, didnt want to lay down a final vote (when we put 3 on noodle). Possibly because you had me, pyro, and BA as your mafia reads. Was noodle looking so town to you to risk a potential no-lynch tho?

Mitigating factors:
1. First game, but as I tried to show with the odds. A no-lynch is BAD.
2. Vote ON Zemaj. Iou placed this vote early, and left it there for quite some time. He also stated that he thinks Zemaj is scum. The fact that Zemaj got MKd and not voted opens the possibility that this was orchestrated. Zemaj says "sorry, I am not going to have time to play this game. just attack me, and that will help you out". This would explain the lack of an explanation around the Zemaj vote.

Still high on scumdar.

I see D2DC is hot out of the gate again, posting up a storm before anyone else has said something, just trying to light a fire up in this place.

I want to know IOU feels about BA being one of his top scum suspects and the subsequent shift of votes that was forced to avoid a no lynch situation.

Prestige I'd like to hear (read) a couple more words other than I have no idea whats going on.

Noodle I'd like to lay off the rugs and stop putting bullet holes through pizza, because that is all I can realistically ask of Noodle.

D2DC is doing all the hard work and was pushing hard yesterday to reach a lynch. Any change in opinion on the no lynch/lynch situation since this effectively pushed a lynch on a now dead townie?

@Pyrotechnician I was actually hoping to test "who was willing to lock on who?" With the block vote experiment, thinking that there were two mafia among BA/Noodle and Iou/Prestige. Trying to see if there were any "partnerships". A willing to lock on B, but not on C sort of thing.

However, all three didnt appear willing to go along at all. Despite my warnings of a no-lynch.

I would like to hear from all three, why they basically risked a no-lynch, or basically forced us into a vote on BA.

Iou, was Noodle looking so town that you preferred BA or even a NL?

Noodle, I can see youre very pleased with yourself. Calculated switch to BA right after you read my plan? And, was BA looking so much scummier than Iou?

Prestige.. couldnt think of anybody that was worth voting for? Despite how much a NL would help mafia?

Also, I am going to float this with PLENTY of time left in the day, so we can hopefully get it done..

I suggest we all claim right now. I know Noodle will likely refuse. But, as it stands (barring any MKs or power role effects), we have 4/5 chance of mislynch today, and likely 2/3 chance tomorrow. So, still +50% chance of not finding scum.

If we can safely confirm even 1 player as town through night actions. Like a track on someone that didnt go anywhere last night. That is going to tip odds in our favor quite a bit.

It may seem early to be claiming. However, any info you may have dies with you . And theres a good chance of only two townies being alive tomorrow. So, today is the day to sort things out!

(Aside: Give me a chance to reply! This was started at 01:00 UK time (i.e. when I was asleep) and I've been at work all day.)

I'm going to try to address the main points, though I haven't got the energy to quote each part nor to write 'war and peace' as D2DC is doing.
  1. Firstly I feel vindicated that my suspicions of zemaj were justified, I just picked up on something intangible in his post/writing - hence the lack of explanation.
  2. I'm sad Bad Ash died, I only changed vote due to pressure from y'all about getting 4 votes on *someone* and I was unwilling to be manipulated into having the choice made for me. The people who followed suit are more suspicious.
  3. I didn't orchestrate anything, so far the person most responsible for that activity is you @D2DC - who made you and Pyro the moral authorities who get to decide who is suspicious or not?
  4. Noodle did look like Townie initially but I feel like he is bluffing or double bluffing and it is hard to get a read on him.
D2DC looks like the obvious choice, but it seems that Pyro is always hiding in his wake, so....

Vote: Pyrotechnician

Stats and Time Update:

Time Remaining until the end of D2

Vote Count 2.0:

1. Noodle: [0]
2. D2dC: [0]
3. Pyro: [1]: ioupain
4. Prestige7: [1]: D2DC
5. ioupain: [0]

Not Voting: Noodle, Pyro, Prestige7

@Prestige7 is in danger of incurring an inactivity prod, and has until 7PM today to avoid being prodded. If prodded for inactivity, @Prestige7 will be in danger of being modkilled for inactivity at 9AM tomorrow.

@Prestige7 is in danger of incurring an inactivity prod, and has until 7PM today to avoid being prodded. If prodded for inactivity, @Prestige7 will be in danger of being modkilled for inactivity at 9AM tomorrow.
Not sure I should be basing my decisions on Mod activity.. But, is Gorny really gonna MK both Mafias.. especially before the actual EoD? ..

UnVote: Prestige7

I'm allied with the Town so I could if I was convinced. As I said, Noodle is hard to read.

I have no reason to vote for ioupain, and with the obvious exception of Bad Ash (who is a notorious fiend in human shape and regularly sacrifices infants during the full moon), I don't vote for no reason.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High