Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

Over here in 'Merica, we call them dots, and we are too lazy to use three of them.

Thats why we won WWII.. We take care of business rather than pontificating about pretentious "standard English" grammar!

This is where I draw the line, keep your bullshit jingoistic and xenophobic rhetoric to yourself.

Holy hell guys, take it a step back. I get it, its serious, winning is important, but we are almost down to the level of straight up insults and thats not how we play mafia last time I checked.

Xenophobic? You sure are good at sneaking in a lot of sentiment/motives that dont (do not) exist.

That's because you either oblivious to or wilfully ignorant of the encoded language in that statement.

If people from outside the forum are by chance reading through this between the Prestige thing earlier and this now I wouldn't want play mafia here for the next 20 years, and by then I'll be too old to know how to use the VCR anymore.

I'm not the mod of this game I wouldn't want to be, but I feel like I have to post a rule as a reminder which just seems absurd to me:

16. Behavior - Please don't take anything said in this thread that may be directed at you as a personal attack, it's the way this game is played. Rivalries (such as the infamous Noodle vs. Bad Ash rivalry) are fine. It's all in the spirit of the game. Don’t be a ****. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.

Alright. Fair enough. @ioupain you got a rise out of me with your "standard English" comments. Ive met plenty of British that look down their noses at me because of my "American" (inferior) English. I came back with the WWII comment because I knew it would get a rise out of you. I apologize for my part. I am done with the back and forth with Iou.

@Pyrotechnician I suggest you question him yourself, as he hasnt been answering a lot of my questions. I will still be around if you have questions, but look at it closely. If I were GF (which is the "most likely" explanation), it makes NO SENSE for me to NK Noodle.

Cool off guys.

It's a game.

Or not only will I end it (in a draw) and not reveal anything, but I'll have Noodle step in if necessary.

Yeah, I can do that.

Maybe that's not the worst thing in the world.

D2DC, I get it, you are passionate, you want to win.

IOU, I get it, you aren't budging an inch because you've made your decision and that's that.

Its fine, but just reading the past couple hours of posts didn't make me think any better of either of your positions thats for damn sure, and its made me realize I've potentially been a down right jackass in a previous game myself. Lets chalk this up to something that escalated a bit too much and hopefully take something away from it once the game is finally over.

Maybe that's not the worst thing in the world.

D2DC, I get it, you are passionate, you want to win.

IOU, I get it, you aren't budging an inch because you've made your decision and that's that.

Its fine, but just reading the past couple hours of posts didn't make me think any better of either of your positions thats for damn sure, and its made me realize I've potentially been a down right jackass in a previous game myself. Lets chalk this up to something that escalated a bit too much and hopefully take something away from it once the game is finally over.

For the record, this has happened to me to, once on the old site with Prestige7 of all people, it was the first game that I was actually able to play with him and not mod the game. My intention was to put a bit of pressure on him and show him what a slightly 1v1 could be like in a mafia game having been fed up with his playstyle and both his inability to seem to play beyond how he played, and his unwillingness to do anything to either improve on that or read comments post game from other players, well it all went down the tubes. The other time was on mafia scum.net in 2017...and it got bad and I quit the site at the time.

There are things I do want to say, but that's not appropriate for during the game.

Every game is different here and we usually have a good time. I had a thought for a sort of buddy system for newer players, I'll detail that in the Mafia Game Resources Thread.

Just remember, we're here to have fun.

I would have altered my position if there were any compelling arguments to do so. I'm not being obstinate, the alternatives were not sufficiently grounded in logic and credibility.

Truce @ioupain? Despite the avatar, I am no American Nationalist, far from it. I hate it when Americans say that “we” won the war. Like I said, I was just trying to.get.a rise out if you.

Yep I'll agree to a truce.

Reactions: Gorny
I was rereading periodically between getting some work done for Monday and dinner and also tried to go back to the borderlands game for reference. I was able to get through about the back half of the game thread, but I think the general gist of is that during your play there you fake role claimed cop and was able to keep up the facade for a couple of day phases before the game ended (even stated exactly who you were going to investigate one night, and magic they came up dead the next morning, couldn't see that one coming...). What this tells me is you are able to take a fake claim and run with it surprisingly well so I'd be happy to see you on a scum team with me in a future game, but I also didn't see a lot of pressure applied to you over the course of the time since you made your cop claim so it doesn't really say much about how you react to sudden pushes on your claims.

Funny enough, that game also had an messed up ending, just a different messed up ending where the mod ended it because people in the dead thread were causing problems.

I think for the time being I'm at an impass. Both of you could very well be scum but I think my best bet is my initial reaction and where my vote lies. If there are no objections, I think at this point we are delaying the end, and I kinda want to know what the hell is happening.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High