Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

Iou is awfully quiet now. So @ioupain I think this is probably the most appropriate time to ask, what did you think of your first mafia game? LOL....ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
With three total votes, D2DC has been eliminated via his own vote.

D2DC was the town doc.

As the mafia now controls 50% of the vote, the mafia (Pyro and Zemaj) win the game.

I'll work up the end of game stuff soon, thread is now open to post game discussion to anyone.

I'm just going to say right now D2DC, honestly I did not enjoy the popcorn. It was overly salty and just left a very bad taste in my mouth. If Gorny allows it I'll probably share my mafia chat just so you can see what angle I was going for and what I was thinking at various times during the game. Like I said right before the official post, I did not enjoy how this ended. My plan was to keep performing an analysis of post history and all that so that it would keep you both distracted long enough to reach end of day when you said you wouldn't agree to an early end. It was working, but then the thread just deteriorated. I wasn't going to move my vote unless ioupain showed signs of switching, and I felt like I was just straight up wasting everyone's time. It was honestly the exact opposite of fun, and it really did seem, at least to me, that you guys had over stepped the "fun" line too. I'm more than happy to call this one a draw just because of how it all fell apart.

Recap of my setup and mod notes:

Pure Diablo First Ever Mafia Game Startup

Game Type for 7 randomly selected off cards is “C9”

Setup chosen via random.org: 1 = (1 Cop, 1 Doc, 2 Goons, 3 Townies)

Players:

1. Noodle

2. D2DC

3. Zemaj

4. Pyro

5. Prestige7

6. ioupain

7. Bad Ash

Roles in game:

Cop, Doc, Goon1, Goon2, Townie1, Townie2, Townie3.

Role rolling via: http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/rand-gen/index.php?gen=mafia

Assignments as follows:

Noodle = Cop

D2Dc = Doc

Zemaj = Goon 1

Pyro = Goon 2

Prestige7 = Town 1

Ioupain = Town 2

Bad Ash = Town 3 (One shot lynch proof)

Randomly adding 1 of the following to town vanilla players:

1. One shot BP vest (saving throw from NK only, no lynch protection)
  2. Vengeful Survivor. (must live till either town or mafia wins, if alive at a faction win, they also win. If not no win, also vengeful if lynched, may kill one person if lynched at twilight that day via PM to me)
  3. One shot lynch protection

#3 was randomly selected, one townie (vanilla) is granted a one sht lynch protection.

Rolling between: Prestige7, ioupain and bad ash

Bad ash has won the role (Prestige1, iou 2, Ash 3)

Role PM’s as follows:

Welcome, Zemaj! You are a Mafia Goon. Your partner is Pyro

Abilities:

• Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Welcome, [Player]! You are a Mafia Goon.
  • Abilities:
  • Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/puu74hQY52Y].
  • Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
  • Win Conditions:
  • You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).
  • Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Win Conditions:

• You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, Pyro! You are a Mafia Goon, your partner is Zemaj

Abilities:

• Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/puu74hQY52Y ].
Win Conditions:

Welcome, Prestige7! You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

• You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, ioupain! You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

• You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, Bad Ash! You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

• You have one other ability other than your voice and your vote, you have one shot lynch protection. Use it well.
Win Conditions:

Welcome, Noodle! You are a Town Cop.

Abilities:

• Investigate: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Anti-town", or "No Result".
Win Conditions:

• Note: As this game is norlam…norlam? Normal!! Your sanity is set to sane. Your investigations at night will be truthful and your info from the mod will reflect correctly.

Welcome, D2DC! You are a Town Doctor.

Abilities:

• Heal: Each night phase, you may target one player (not yourself) in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
Win Conditions:

Rules and behind the scenes action log, etc.
Herein contains mod eyes only setup notes and night action stuff, behind the scenes, etc.

1. Natural Action Resolution used..
  2. All sanities normalized
  3. No false info this game as it’s normalish (save bad ash’s one shot lynch protection.
  4. Setup chosen from mafia cards 7 player game, C9, game pulled off of mafiascum wiki
  5. Start Date: 07/19/2020 With a Dayphase
  6. Lock required for lynch

THE RULES

1. Talk about your role and this game is strictly prohibited outside of the game
thread until it is over (with the exception of designated QT pages).

2. Do not post in the game thread during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of the day will be ignored. Any post made after that, will result in a mod kill of the
poster. Repeated posts during the night phase will also result in a mod kill.

3. Editing, for any reason will result in a mod kill.

4. Any story given regarding lynches and kills is for flavor only.

5. Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead
people make no posts.

6. Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role
PM. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bolded, it doesn't count
and please try to put it at the bottom of your post.
Capitalization or proper spelling of one's name is NOT REQUIRED, however, it must be
clear who you are voting for; please try to avoid nicknames.

Example:
Vote: Leopold Stotch (Correct)
Unvote: Leopold Stotch (Correct)

Vote: Leopold Stotch (Incorrect, not bolded)
Unvote: Leopold Stotch (Incorrect, not bolded)

V or v: Leo (Incorrect, the entire word Vote needs to be there)
UV or uv: Leo (Incorrect, the entire phrase Unvote or Un Vote needs to be there)

7A. Lynching requires the majority of players to vote for the same player. that is, half of the remaining number of players + 1 rounded down. A lock occurs when someone with enough votes to be lynched receives another vote, and will be lynched at the end of the day (cannot be unvoted) Since this is a small game, I'm taking the extra step for requiring a lock in order for a lynch to take place. Normally someone may be lynched with a majority vote at the end of the day even if not locked.

7B. The 50 % Rule: The game will be called and end early if, the remaining mafia out number the town, IE, the town can’t get enough votes in to cause a lynch.

8. If you have any issues with your role, or any other player, please PM me
in order to find a resolution. Please don’t suicide or do anything rash before
contacting me. Please wait for a response; it might take me a few hours but I will
respond. I'm normally at work during the US workday from 7am - to approx 6PM CST. I have PC access both at home and at work, so aside from IRL, I’m usually reachable.

9. Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they
are not. For example, I claim to be innocent of (eating Noodle’s cake and drinking the beer.

10. Do not post any information sent to you in a pm by the host. This includes, but is
not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a
role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you.

11. Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours. The game starts with a 48 hour day
phase.

12. You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 3 contributive posts per day
phase required to be considered "active" ).

13. If you are (temp) banned from the site itself, you will also be mod killed.

14. If you cannot continue playing the game for any reason, PM me beforehand
to find a solution.

15. Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team
win.

16. Behavior - Please don't take anything said in this thread that may be directed at you as a personal attack, it's the way this game is played. Rivalries (such as the infamous Noodle vs. Bad Ash rivalry) are fine. It's all in the spirit of the game. Don’t be a ****. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.

17. Have fun and good luck!

End of Day 1:

1. Zemaj modkilled for inactivity.
  2. Bad Ash sent to elimination (failed due to 1 shot elimination proof)
*Pyro given a choice at random of any two of three hidden mafia specific abilities as compensation for zemaj’s modkill. This would not had occurred had zemaj been alive and ended up eliminated at end of day.*

3. (Open line)

N1 Night Actions log:

1. D2DC protects Pryo with Doc ability
  2. Noodle investigates D2DC = Not Mafia
Pyro targets Bad Ash for the Mafia NK = Success (unless Doc intervention)

Pyro used GF ability on himself (one shot for tonight) (no one targeted Pyro for anything)

(Open line)

N2 Night actions:

1. Pyro targets Noodle for the mafia NK and vanillaizes D2DC
  2. Noodle investigates Pyro (Doc saved by D2DC, however dies anyway because D2DChas been vanillaized by Pyro)
  3. D2DC targets Noodle for doc save (Null as D2DC has been vanillaized by Pyro)
  4. (Open line)

Mafia chat QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/puu74hQY52Y

Dead Thread QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/4dSTE39SZNj

Other notes:

1. I decides at the start of the game to give one of the three vanilla town roles (at random) a random one shot ability, as seen in the mod notes)

2. As to @zemaj not sure what happened there. But as a result of his modkill, I opted to give Pyro a saving throw for the game, as he was on his own from D1 with Zemaj being modkilled. I allowed him to pic out of three face down mafia cards, 1,2 and 3. He could pick any two out of the three (even the same one twice), he picked 1 and 3 and received both a one shot mafia godfather ability and a one shot mafia vanillizer ability. The power that he did not choose was mafia role blocker.

The pic I included in PM was as follows:
sMUW14yl.jpg

3. As to Prestige7, well we all know what was discussed and he won;t be playing any further.

Last edited:
Well...at least here is a laugh?

Noodle from dead thread: Note to self: Always investigate Pyro on night one.

Note from mafia thread: Its magical that Noodle didn't investigate me D1 based on my history.

So...yeah.

@D2DC I really am sorry, the back and forth of you and IOU pain was just putting me on absolute edge. I don't feel like the ending would have changed, but you guys were constantly hitting eachother back and forth and it was going absolutely no where.

Reactions: D2DC
2 questions:

Who's hosting next?

Do we want to do anything about the rules? Specifically the section here: " half of the remaining number of players + 1(or minus 1) rounded down (or rounded up or whatever)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High