Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

Not unless all three of you agree, and there are at least 2 votes on someone.

I mean hey, I need fuel to make more popcorn!
I am sure youre enjoying this Gorny..

And, no. I dont agree to end early. I will make my case till the EoD!

Vote count 3.1:

Pryo: [0]
D2DC: [2]: ioupain, Pyro
ioupain: [1]: D2DC

The game will continue.

And, no. I dont agree to end early. I will make my case till the EoD!

You may as well shout into the void

@Pyrotechnician, instead of focusing on me. Go back and look at Iou's game.
1. Vote on Scum that ended up getting MK. Wouldnt answer about his reason behind vote. See: bussing your partner
2. Attacking me throughout the game with very weak arguments. "Projection", "defending Zemaj", and now "house of cards" (not really weak, but still plenty of holes)
3. Hes had an easy ride, switching to Prestige, and claiming VT without raising any eyebrows.

His path through the entire game is MUCH more believable than mine.

Despite liking to "mix it up". If I were GF, there is NO REASON for me to get so frustrated at towns lack of progress. NO REASON for me to push so hard for PR claims. And, then coming up with this insane doc claim, when I planned on NK the player I TOLD EVERYONE I WAS GOING TO PROTECT. Why on earth would I make myself look like such an obvious scapegoat? Because I am NOT the one that did all this. I am just scrambling to understand/explain it!

@Pyrotechnician, I know you're a careful, deliberate player. Do an apples to apples comparison:
Look at Iou's path through the game AS MAFIA.
vs
My path through the game AS MAFIA.

My path looks ridiculous in comparison. And, sorry I cannot provide a better explanation of why. But, I don't KNOW what happened last night.

I have another thing to ask you to consider. But, let me know what you think about the above comparison first.

@Pyrotechnician, I know you're a careful, deliberate player. Do an apples to apples comparison:
Look at Iou's path through the game AS MAFIA.
vs
My path through the game AS MAFIA.

My path looks ridiculous in comparison. And, sorry I cannot provide a better explanation of why. But, I don't KNOW what happened last night.

I have another thing to ask you to consider. But, let me know what you think about the above comparison first.

Isn't this a bit presumptuous? You're assuming that Pyro hasn't already been doing this the entire time. You even called him a careful player, doesn't that mean he already carefully considered the evidence and then made a decision?

I've kind of already followed the path through the posts, but I could probably take another pass through them again. If I look at the activity of both of you up to this point and disregard all of the activity of today following the overnight reveal then yes, I would say that history would say IOU was scum because I felt that through most of the previous day phases. The attitude and the way the posts are worded make him look like a reluctant town at best and scum at worst. I'm trying not to let him being a new player effect that view too much, but I can't disregard it does have an impact for sure. If I follow your path, its erratic, and I know your general behavior is pretty much erratic, but I agreed with the overall activity you were trying to accomplish in the first two day phases (other than where you went off about getting your A/C fixed, which was kind of funny).

Its once you reach the opening of this day phase where the paths get very distorted very fast. The initial vote by IOU that triggered a wave of responses trying to find explanations and reasoning shows you becoming very defensive very fast. His arguments against you seem kind of weak, but if you dig into it more and try and piece both sides of the timeline together you can kind of see the trail even though he didn't go post by post through the history. I mean either one of you could probably spin a story either way and make it believable. But knowing iou is new I'm not sure if he would be able to spin it as well as you could D2DC, and the start of the this day phase just does not look good for you.

The likelyhood of a Godfather over a vanilla ice cream cake maker also seems more realistic as well. I think both sides of the argument could be made and they definitely were made (although I kind of had to see what ioupain was getting out on my own), but I think in terms of likelyhood, ioupains side is more reasonable even if he hasn't been the star townie.

In response to today's initial activity. It's basically a WTF reaction from me..

Like I said, I got online to float the possibility of changing my protection, and I see this PM about Vanillaized. I'm like how the h#@l does this happen? So, I'm looking at some strange absorber/goo powers for Noodle to explain how I lost my doc power. Then, I see the game thread and Noodle is dead. Double WTF. Iou immediately lays down a vote, which I expected. And, at the time, I was suspecting you (Pyro) as our last Mafia. I was worried that a 2 vote would lock, but then double checked the rules. Then, I'm scrambling to try to figure out how my protection failed AND this Vanilla cake BS. So, yea.. it was a bit erratic.. Not a carefully planned gambit..

Not sure if I should link to the other site or not? And, I am sure Noodle won't approve of this as it may hurt my long game..

But, go back and read the Borderlands game. I was actually Scum, playing as a helpful townie, and had to construct a pretty far-fetched story which got more and more convoluted as we went on, trying to convince everyone of my innocence.. Sound familiar?

However, look at my behavior/posts in that game. It's not erratic and scrambling. Because I know exactly what's going on, and I am just trying to push the discussion in my favor. Everything is tempered and thought out.

Also, look at Iou's behavior today. He isn't trying to have a discussion or defend his point of view or actions. He just wants to get the votes in and shut it down.

I have nothing to hide. I can answer any questions. He's the one trying to wrap this up before he leaks any more info, or something he did previously comes back to bite him.

Prestige will be eating his words yet. I AM TOWN DOC.

If this vanilla whatever role is an actual normal thing, and I'm not arguing that its not because its definitely on the wiki, then we need to autolynch Gorny due to his crazy whatever the heck he has going on in his head.

I know your normal behavior, but it just seems so much that the initial shock of having the vote on you through you off, and then you were trying to recover from there. If you had:

- Revealed something happened over night, and
- Put together something more reasoned than what was thrown together haphazardly

I probably would have been more inclined to say IOU is bullshitting up a storm. I'll go back to the game because I missed that one and see if I can't follow along with what happened.

Thanks Gorny...really appreciate that video, totally helped the game and made me feel better about myself...

Excuse my sarcasm by the way.

Reactions: Gorny
If this vanilla whatever role is an actual normal thing, and I'm not arguing that its not because its definitely on the wiki, then we need to autolynch Gorny due to his crazy whatever the heck he has going on in his head.
UnVote: Ioupain
Vote: Gorny

I know your normal behavior, but it just seems so much that the initial shock of having the vote on you through you off, and then you were trying to recover from there.
I wasn't shocked at all with the initial vote. I knew Iou was going to be after me today. For a moment I thought that you could seal a lock with two votes. Until you withdrew your vote, I was assuming that you were the last mafia.

Like I said, I was just shocked with everything that happened with the night action, and then Noodle's NK. And, NOT having expected/planned everything that happened, yes I was scrambling/erratic/defensive. IF I WAS GF, and NK Noodle. Pretty safe to assume I knew you guys would be coming at me with both barrels loaded. I may not have been able to come up with anything more reasonable that what I have put forward today. But, I wouldn't have been so hectic and erratic about it. Because, I would have known it was coming. I WAS EXPECTING TO BE DEAD TODAY.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High