Finding the Balance: MF/RF Tournament (Signup & Running)

Wait, is LK allowed? That would make me finish my project while being able to finally participate in a tournament! And by next time I'll actually have a character ready for real areas.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Babyhell
The times they are a-pretty hectic, but I'll sing up. Haven't played 1.13 in a long time, but I still have my familiar map so AT it is. I'll try to amass the 20 hours.

Category 1 (Baal)
--------------------------------
J-Dog
Pax1990

Category 2 (everything else)
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila

Will finish my rune-finding tour set with my trapsin in AS (4 hours), and then likely run with my Untwinked 99er Druid in the Pit for the rest. That should see him solidly toward level 96 and hopefully pick up some nice drops along the way.

Category 1 (Baal)
J-Dog
Pax1990
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB

So my plan is drop rotation: kicked things with my PitZerker yet. He found something really quickly but I gave an hour still, now I'll go the rune path, probably Travincal, until I get some nice rune here, then get back to some MF, etc.

The plan will be:
  • The Pits with ZerkAndDestroy
  • Travincal with TraviRunnerS (Nightwing's Blizzard) or ThouShallNotDie (HC zealer)
  • Pindle with ZerkAndDestroy probably
  • Cows with LightningRiderS (LFury javazon)
  • AT with Tournamenteress (Blizzard sorc)
  • LK or Pits depending on the feeling at the moment

Progress table

LocationCharacterValuable pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyYes
TravincalTraviRunnerS or
ThouShallNotDie
Not started
PindleZerkAndDestroyNot started
CowsLightningRiderSNot started
ATTournamenteressNot started
LK? Pits??Not started

Let's see how it goes!

Last edited:
I'm fine with combining the categories if Category 1 doesn't fill up and if it's ok for @Pax1990. Scoring would then obviously be done using Category 2 scoring rules. I'd be running Baal anyway and maybe get a few qualifiers when clearing the Throne Room?

Reactions: Luhkoh
I'll try.

Category 1 (Baal)
J-Dog
Pax1990
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB
art_vandelay

• Love
Reactions: Luhkoh
GL all!

I'm starting with Pit Nova/ES Sorc, running P5 and just under 500 MF.

@Tenecabo Yes, LK is allowed, feel free to pop those chests.

@J-Dog Well @Luhkoh also had the idea to just use one category, but S&U scoring is really unfair towards Baal runners... so I figured it's better to have a side-competition. :) Let's wait for now, couple of days at least, maybe more people will join Baal. Otherwise, if you guys want to run in the same category despite the disadvantageous scoring, happy to do it.

Well I dont really care about the score at all tbh. I run with low mf and Iam happy if I can even finish one 20h set. I just want to be a part of this and get motivated to push exp at baal.
Allthough I was thinking of joining category 2 aswell to mix things up with some pit runs and put on some more mf gear. Dont know if its too late to do that tho

Reactions: Pb_pal and Luhkoh
Killers vs Poppers?

As you can't cube the runes, max score from LK is limited. Could work with Pindle or something though.

I need to find one grailer to hit my goal of grail -40 for this year. I haven't played much at all recently, so thanks for the motivation!

Category 1 (Baal)
J-Dog
Pax1990
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB
art_vandelay
Peytron

3.5 hours in total.

TraviRunnerS found her valuable qualifier (with a lower one the run right after, and a MF low one in the middle of her session) and completed a level too, as the few deaths were recovered it wasn't such a pain to get there.

ZerkAndDestroy is now running Pindle who is not really generous yet, only qualifiers are meh... below the limit i fixed to unlock next session configuration at least. Well, see you on next session!

Progress table
Valuable pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyYes
TravincalTraviRunnerSYes
PindleZerkAndDestroyNo
CowsLightningRiderSNot started
LK? Pits??Not started

Definitely in then, going to finish my LK project.

Category 1 (Baal)
J-Dog
Pax1990
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB
art_vandelay
Peytron
Tenecabo

Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
@Pax1990 you could just have two separate timers running, one for baal and one for pits. And just use those as separate sets. Or you can just switch to category 2 if you want (baal and wave drops could count for category 2 I would think, but not vice versa, as long as you aren't double dipping ofc). But like ffs says then baal/wave drops won't get their bonus from being in category 1. That seem correct @ffs?

@Pax1990 you could just have two separate timers running, one for baal and one for pits. And just use those as separate sets. Or you can just switch to category 2 if you want (baal and wave drops could count for category 2 I would think, but not vice versa, as long as you aren't double dipping ofc). But like ffs says then baal/wave drops won't get their bonus from being in category 1. That seem correct @ffs?
Ok ty for the clarification.
I will stick to baal tho. Since I have so little time to play there is hardly any risk of getting burned out running baal. I enjoy every minute I get to play and do baal runs ^^

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
@Pax1990 yeah you can run both targets as long as you keep scores separated.

Is that new run counter confirmed FAM now btw? I too might go for some Cow running with a bunch of characters in a second set, will be interesting to see how cows/minute numbers compare to all the estimates we had in the past...

A second set may in any case be necessary, considering only garbage dropped for me so far, now 5 hours in... :mad: Been running P5 Pit, 3h with Nova Sorc and 2h with Necro. Think for these 20h I'll stay in the Pit, rotating between various P1 MF and P5-P7 runners. Playing rather casually and picking up a lot stuff like charms, jewels, rares. Shame about the rolls on this one, I got excited when I saw eth, ED and 2 sockets:

Screenshot011.jpg

Last edited:
6.25 hours in total.

Since last time, Pindle delivered pretty quickly a valuable pointer.

It then took about 2 hours for LightningRiderS to find her first valuable one in Cow level, and even if i was hoping for a rune there, this had been a S/U pointer there again.

Now i just checked Tournamenteress' map for AT, and well i have to roll a new one... it would mean losing my LK map, but well... given the timings, i may give her an opportunity to score some rune find in LK first.

Anyway, sessions' summary is over for now, i'll have some time tomorrow to think about this.

See you on the halfway milestone!

Progress table
Valuable pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyYes (S/U)
TravincalTraviRunnerSYes (Rune)
PindleZerkAndDestroyYes (S/U)
CowsLightningRiderSYes (S/U)
LK?Tournamenteress?Not started

I'm a little over 7 hours in, and very happy that I will be able to at least show 5 qualifiers :D. Was scared that with running LK, it could be a hit or a miss. And, the superchests haven't been all that special, but the 1 or 2 other random corpses/logs I pop during the runs have very much surprised me. Less than 1500 runs to go now for my 10k project, so will be spending the rest of the 13 hours in LK. I don't think I'll have time for another set, but if I do I will go ham on my awesome AT map.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High