D2R General Chat

And OH MAN; was the original D2 this choppy?
I didn't feel much of an upgrade when i started playin D2R, but i definitely feel the downgrade xD.
Dude I had this exact same experience going back to play D2L - however after a few hours playing it, it no longer feels choppy :ROFLMAO: just feels normal. Then I turn on some D2R streams on my second monitor and my eyes melt looking at it. So weird how you get used to things.

Someone done Hell Meph runs? Meph seems to superheal sometimes. Suddenly his bar jumps up a lot. I see this behavior mostly when there are Hydras on the left side. He can heal many times during one kill. Really annoying :/

m4ke

Someone done Hell Meph runs? Meph seems to superheal sometimes. Suddenly his bar jumps up a lot. I see this behavior mostly when there are Hydras on the left side. He can heal many times during one kill. Really annoying :/

m4ke
He's getting healed by the council. Avoid dragging council near him or killing him near council. Maybe reroll map if they're spawning in a bad spot. Other people have reported this bug in D2R, however most of these types of posts end up just being the council getting at them in some way. Might be some kind of bug though if your council is dead, sounds like they're alive and casting though. The range on their heal cast can be quite large iirc.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Switch doesnt have chat, and therefore no /players x. This is stil True, and I wouldn't be surprised if that remains the case. I expect the other console versions to be the same.
They already said on Twitter that they're gonna add /players to consoles, just can't commit to a time now.

Do people legit get instant loads in 1.14? My loads are fast but it's like.. glitchy or somethin kinda. Like when I load into areas I'm loaded in but sometimes I'll get a hitch here or there right off the wp. Also the door isn't instantaneous.

I was playing 1.14 for a while just to do some LK runs and stuff and to get a good sense of how it felt by comparison. I'm trying to figure out if I wanna run in D2R or D2L for my push to 99 really. So I started doing these LK runs, which I've of course done millions of by this point. And it's pretty quick in 1.14. I don't know, I still get a little hitch when going into LK just a tiny hitch, and my loads aren't instantaneous. So anyways I did a boatload of these runs in 1.14 on my god LK map/character and then forwarded to D2R and now I'm absolutely convinced that D2R is just better if you get decent loads. It feels faster overall somehow.. like some of the glitchy hitchiness is gone in D2R, like yeah it's slower at the door but is it really? You can still move during the loading and for me it's so fast that I'm fairly sure no time is wasted if you move when it's loading. Then there's the wp to LK, that's DEFINITELY slower. However in 1.14 I get a little hitch when wping to LK and it almost feels like it evens out. Plus there's numerous upsides:
  1. No having to click "single player" after every run (this actually makes a difference, it's sort of weird how good it feels to just do an enter-h right after game exit in D2R
  2. Gold auto pickup - it's such a massive advantage to help clear the area to see what's dropped. It can't be understated how OP it is to pick up that gold all the time. Like half the stress of LK is that you're missing things. Stress gone!
  3. Gold auto pickup - throw a gheed's into your inventory, auto pick up even MORE gold. Then take that gold and use the improved gambling to gamble godly circlets or ammys or rings, add some spice into your LK runs! That gold fills up quick in LK just from passively picking up gold and gambling is dope as hell as a break from runs.
  4. Wider resolution - This actually has practical benefit aside from just looking nicer. More item labels are able to be displayed, so when those labels are straying up and to the right, where they would usually be off the screen, now they're fully on the screen. Combine this with gold auto pickup you never miss anything.
  5. Wider resolution - you can teleport farther...
  6. Even wider resolution - you can set windowed mode and squish your screen so it's wider horizontally and really get a good look at the items, along with teleporting much farther.
  7. Toggle show items - okay this is something that I underestimated until I went back. I drink SO MUCH COFFEE while doing LK runs in D2R. It's magical. Like you have your initial inputs at the start of the run, and then until you save and exit you only have to use your mouse hand, freeing up the other one for fresh pots of coffee. As long as you hit that show items button at the start of the run you're all set for the rest of the run. It's bomb as hell.
  8. Overall readability - Higher resolution text, although roughly the same size in D2R, is simply more readable at a glance. There might be a learning curve to it, maybe this is fake news, I'm not sure, but to me I pick out items easier in D2R than I do in 1.14 and that's with literally BILLIONS of LK runs in 1.14.
Alright rant over yall everyone should play d2r thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Last edited:
@NorthDakota I will definitely consider switching to d2r after reading your post. However, how do you deal with the /playersx command not being carried over from game to game? Is manually pasting the command the only solution, for now?

enter ctrl v that's it. hopefully they're gonna sort that out I'm not holding out much hope for anytime soon considering the pain they're experiencing server-wise.

Reactions: coju
Alright rant over yall everyone should play d2r thanks for coming to my ted talk.
Did you time your runs yet? I think that should be the main selling point (assuming D2R is actually faster).

Hi All,

I figured I'd take a look at the SPF with D2R coming out, nice to see some familiar faces still around. I guess I'm back and will be giving D2R SP a bit of a go! Cheers and good luck to all.

Since NM meph runs take forever, I decided to just to do some rune runs on Countess and LK since my map is perfect. Got enough to craft a Lum, so was able to make Smoke to max my resistances, a Hwanin's Refuge for my merc and a Bloodletter to really improve my damage. Still not ready for Hell, so will keep looking for runes.

Reactions: NorthDakota
D2R: The Reclickening.. :ROFLMAO:

Honest Trailers
That was pretty much perfect. I'd say it made me feel old, but I already got that shock this morning when I hit up google to find out if Inner Sight/ Slow Missiles overwrote each other and got this as the top result:

So, not just old. Senile, too!

I've been playing a bit of online D2R. I'm on the fence. On one hand I looooove the new graphics, gold pickup etcetc.
On the other hand, no MP with SP chars. This part saddens me so much. I was looking forward to have some pvp matches there but the only way to do it is going bnet and the cesspool of BM players, bots and bought godly inventories of 'that one forum'-gold characters.
I finally got to a point where my SP characters have some gear, and I was looking forward to soon deck out a first basic pvp char. Starting over from scratch for it and then on top of it having to deal with bnet people is not very enticing. But then just moving my 1.14 chars to d2r isn't either if they will never be able to pvp there (what am I mfing for then?).
Are some of you keeping pvp chars on 1.14 to be able to still go for some tcp/ip games?

With the current state I think I'm only going to use D2R for a SP hardcore adventure, and then keep playing gold old trusted LoD.

So, have y’all tried Firewall yet? Made it to NM Meph using it throughout and everything just melts.
Was it like this before?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High