D2R General Chat

@coju Coolie did a side by side video of a meph kill with old firewall vs new firewall and it looks like it's doing way more damage in d2r (he didn't outright state both builds were exactly the same, but I imagine they were). Some people been saying that firewall from mobs feels janky like doing way too much damage. You should keep going keep us updated on how it is :geek:

amazon basin has this to say about D2L Firewall:
  • Displayed fire damage per second assumes three missiles apply damage to target (bit rate * 3 * 25/256). This is normally the case for size 3 targets, but only applies to size 2 targets when Fire Wall is close to parallel with straight edges or walls: otherwise 2/3 or 1/3 displayed fire damage per second is actually applied. size 1 targets only ever take 1/3 displayed fire damage per second.
This may be different or fixed in d2r. speculated but not confirmed confirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
I will say this: mobs melt. If that’s janky I like it!
+1 fw leaf staff and plus 1 fire ammy all I have now on her. Just pure firewall thus far. A few times I’d wind up having 6-10 unused skills thinking I’d go orb or nova (I don’t like the orb look in d2r. Last Epoch’s orbs are much more eye pleasing). But would just keep skilling fw since it’s so nice seeing the health bars quickly dissipate.

Reactions: NorthDakota
Our journey began yesterday evening, we proceed East, always to the East, and very slowly goings at the moment.

I decided to start out with a cold sorc, went softcore for now but may transition to hardcore later on once the fingers are warm again.

So far, we haven't even reached the end of act 1 but I've no doubt things will gain momentum.

Best drop this session: Artic Quilted Armour.

Joosh (y)

So awesome to see you back, @Joosh! All the best for your restart! I hope life has been treating you well the last few years!

Regarding FW: Would be cool if someone can confirm this. I don't have the characters ready yet, because I did a clean restart in D2R. Firewall was already a great backup skill earlier, but if it does even more damage.... Then it seems like a great option for any tournament character.

Reactions: Joosh
I've been playing a bit of online D2R. I'm on the fence. On one hand I looooove the new graphics, gold pickup etcetc.
On the other hand, no MP with SP chars. This part saddens me so much. I was looking forward to have some pvp matches there but the only way to do it is going bnet and the cesspool of BM players, bots and bought godly inventories of 'that one forum'-gold characters.
I finally got to a point where my SP characters have some gear, and I was looking forward to soon deck out a first basic pvp char. Starting over from scratch for it and then on top of it having to deal with bnet people is not very enticing. But then just moving my 1.14 chars to d2r isn't either if they will never be able to pvp there (what am I mfing for then?).
Are some of you keeping pvp chars on 1.14 to be able to still go for some tcp/ip games?

With the current state I think I'm only going to use D2R for a SP hardcore adventure, and then keep playing gold old trusted LoD.
I still keep pvp chars....

Reactions: maxicek
Our Eastward journey continues... through the arid deserts and city lights of Lut Gholein we continued. Throughout our journeys a companion joined us as well, a seasoned veteran of the dry desert combat.

Hwanin joins the battle!

hwanin battle.png

We continued on in our search for Baal but found only the bloated body of his ambitious protector, Duriel.

Dispatched, we continue seaward to the fertile and dangerous lands of Kurast.

Joosh 👍

I have started to use pure diablo to look up unique items etc. I used arreat summit before, but I switched in part to support this site (by increasing traffic) and in part since arreat summit was super slow a week or two back.

I found something interesting looking in the unique boots section - a set of unique boots that do not drop. Does anyone know more of the story behind Merman's sprocket?
They look insane. CBF, 65% FRW and magic and cold absorb of 55 and above.

I assume they are just something like a draft of a unique later scrapped, but left in the code. But would love to know if anyone know more.

I have started to use pure diablo to look up unique items etc. I used arreat summit before, but I switched in part to support this site (by increasing traffic) and in part since arreat summit was super slow a week or two back.

I found something interesting looking in the unique boots section - a set of unique boots that do not drop. Does anyone know more of the story behind Merman's sprocket?
They look insane. CBF, 65% FRW and magic and cold absorb of 55 and above.

I assume they are just something like a draft of a unique later scrapped, but left in the code. But would love to know if anyone know more.
The story goes that before the release of 1.10 some Blizzard rep posted these on the unique section of the Arreat Summit. People immediately began to make fun of this incredibly overpowered item and soon it vanished from the AS.

I personally looked through the files for all patches and those boots are NOT in the game in any version 1.07-1.14d, including the 1.10 betas. Funny enough the Constricting ring is a real thing in the files, it just was never activated.

The story goes that before the release of 1.10 some Blizzard rep posted these on the unique section of the Arreat Summit. People immediately began to make fun of this incredibly overpowered item and soon it vanished from the AS.

I personally looked through the files for all patches and those boots are NOT in the game in any version 1.07-1.14d, including the 1.10 betas. Funny enough the Constricting ring is a real thing in the files, it just was never activated.
*Rushes to look up constricting ring*

Thanks alot @art_vandelay. Very nice to hear the story behind them. :)

I really like the design idea of the constricting ring - immense power but with a drawback - but I feel the drawback does not balance the advantages well.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Heyy, question: Do y'all think BNET Streamers run CS because it's static compared to us SP's who typically run other areas like pits or AT? @pharphis (who ran 50k a few years a go streaming along the way)

Traded a Tal´s Ammy for a Cham rune in bnet - the SPFer in me felt like i did a great deal in terms of rarity, but actually i rather lost with the trade, this economy there really is bonkers.

I am completely addicted to farming torches. It's a new activity for me, never played online (except for when I was like 13 or something) so I've never done it before.
Screenshot150.png
I've never run nihlithak before but it's getting me exp with my 97 sorc, plus I'm also getting some good items as well, had a grandfather drop (which I apparently didn't screenshot). Summoner is worthless but at least it's fast. It's also just so addicting trying to get better stats on torches. Obviously I want a perfect one but I spent a very small amount of time thinking about it and came up with a 1/700 chance for perfect torch for a specific class. Is my thinking right there? Like technically 1/7 for specific class then 1/100 for perfect double roll right? So maybe I'll give up soon on it but who knows.

Anyways, I had this torch drop today which was neat and an upgrade:
Screenshot149.png

So anyways this is my d2r life right now, I'm doing this, sorta focusing on leveling my 97 sorc at nihlithak while gathering keys, then when my cube is full of keys I just go get 6 countess and summoner keys too and do a couple ubers and see what pops out. It's a very satisfying loop to me. Tons of fun!

Also, late at night when my brain stops working but I don't want it to be tomorrow yet, I've been running LK
Screenshot147.png
Screenshot148.png
Screenshot146.png

My d2r rune stash is lookin pretty cute even after making an infinity already:
Screenshot 2021-10-22 215224.png

For anyone interested, here's a video of me running nihlathak on my lightning sorcy in d2r:

Am I playing too much? I dunno, maybe, maybe not, wife hasn't left me yet so let's keep going!

Last edited:
It's also just so addicting trying to get better stats on torches. Obviously I want a perfect one but I spent a very small amount of time thinking about it and came up with a 1/700 chance for perfect torch for a specific class. Is my thinking right there? Like technically 1/7 for specific class then 1/100 for perfect double roll right? So maybe I'll give up soon on it but who knows.
Sadly the roll is 10 to 20, so you have a 1 in 847 = 7 * 11 * 11 chance at a perfect one. So on average it only takes 7623 keys to get a perfect torch for a specific class (but in reality that amount of keys just gives a roughly 63% chance to get it). That's why in legacy there were so many legit perfect torches for the most popular classes. 🤪

I am completely addicted to farming torches.

For anyone interested, here's a video of me running nihlathak on my lightning sorcy in d2r:

Am I playing too much? I dunno, maybe, maybe not, wife hasn't left me yet so let's keep going!
That stack of Torches! That's a goal here too!

• Love
Hot new tip here guys - block D2R from trying to connect to the internet at all under all circumstances. Follow these steps:
  • Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  • Type "WF.msc". This should open up Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
  • Click on Outbound Rules in the left sidebar.
  • Select New Rule in the right sidebar.
  • Check if Program selected, click on Next.
  • Browse and locate your executable. (D2R.exe)
  • Select Block the connection. Click Next.
  • Let the checkboxes remain as is if you want to block the connection everywhere regardless of the network it is connected to. Click Next.
  • Write an appropriate Name and Description so you know which program is being blocked by the rule. (Will save confusion later when trying to unblock the program.)
  • Click on Finish.
If you wish to unblock the connection, simply select and delete (R-Click + Delete, or Del on the keyboard) the rule.

I recently have been getting a "connecting to battle.net" message when launching the game, even from my shortcut directly to d2r.exe (which I used to not get, since my game is not updated to current patch). It takes quite some time, maybe 30 seconds on game launch. This is quite frustrating obviously since we have to quit out of the game to mule, adding a significant amount of time to muling. Following this simple procedure, you can now play completely offline and not have this message or have to wait for the 30 seconds (and not worry about it doing things in the background goofing with your loading times).

Agreed, tested & using.

I haven’t tried if you can over-ride it in game - If you are at P8 via the shortcut can you switch to P1?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High