D2R General Chat

Woot woot!

chainRulerChampion.jpg

Soon: Hell Andy runs.

I'm level 68, pure fire. Should I do some Baal runs to level up to 70+? This is my first untwinked character in a long while. I plan on respeccing into Chain Lighting / Blizz at some point. I may do Chain Lightning / Frozen Orb, instead, though.

I used the Mausoleum to level my Fire Sorceress. It's pretty much the only level 85 area without natural fire immunes. (It's been a long time, but I remember the Baal waves being really annoying as pure fire, even in nightmare.)
Thanks, that's useful info!

I got a bit lucky with drops, and my Merc is pretty strong for NM, so he took care of the FIs quite well. I've done a bit of A1 Hell, and he's doing okay. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDakota
Woot woot!

View attachment 70116

Soon: Hell Andy runs.

I'm level 68, pure fire. Should I do some Baal runs to level up to 70+? This is my first untwinked character in a long while. I plan on respeccing into Chain Lighting / Blizz at some point. I may do Chain Lightning / Frozen Orb, instead, though.
What fire build?

My FW sorc has made it to act 3 hell. Maxed FW, warmth, mastery. Working on FO.
May venture in the mausoleum for a bit as 73ish feels low. I want to get to meph, but getting tired of ressing merc. I do have duriels shell.

Has anyone else had the problem of /players x not showing confirmation anymore? I'm trying to tell if it still activated or did I regress into default //players 1

Reactions: snickersnack
Has anyone else had the problem of /players x not showing confirmation anymore? I'm trying to tell if it still activated or did I regress into default //players 1
Did you die? I had the problem after dying, so I shut down and restarted and it worked.

What fire build?

My FW sorc has made it to act 3 hell. Maxed FW, warmth, mastery. Working on FO.
May venture in the mausoleum for a bit as 73ish feels low. I want to get to meph, but getting tired of ressing merc. I do have duriels shell.
I'm doing pure fire, so Meteor 1st, fireball 2nd. I'm at lvl 78 now, and I'm thinking of respeccing. I ran a ChainLighting/FO sorc on bnet many years ago, and I kind of want to relive some of that. :)

I've started act 2 hell, and I'm starting to think that now is a good time to respec.

Edit: I have a few plain monarchs, and I was hoping ot find a 4os one in the wild. No dice. I can burn a Larzuk quest on it, though.

Update from Blizzard

Hello all -

We wanted to provide an update on all the work the dev team has been putting in on addressing some of the database issues that we detailed in our post above a couple of weeks ago.

As we mentioned in our last update, character saves have been occurring on the global database. Next week, our internal teams will begin testing a significant change by having saves occur more often on the regional end, rather than global, in hopes of alleviating some database stress. Once our internal load testing is complete, we will put up a PTR server with this fix to get some real-world testing before rolling out to the live game.

On top of that, we have another client patch that we expect to hit next week which will offer better transparency on queue times by adding time estimates alongside your placement in the queue. We will also be implementing a way to rate limit games with varying times to ensure we can get higher amounts of players in during peak playing periods. This change will also give us a better way to adjust the number of players that can jump into the game during these moments.

Lastly, we have some significant updates coming to the game in terms of bug fixes and features, and we are looking forward to going over all of those updates with you soon.

Thank you again for all your patience as you venture your way back into Hell in Diablo II: Resurrected. We will continue to provide updates when available.

Particularly interested in this portion:

Lastly, we have some significant updates coming to the game in terms of bug fixes and features, and we are looking forward to going over all of those updates with you soon.

Significant updates you say? SIGNIFICANT?! How they gonna do me like this. Drop this but give literally nothing and an ambiguous timeline for when that info will be released?! It's killin me.

Reactions: Miron
Particularly interested in this portion:

Significant updates you say? SIGNIFICANT?! How they gonna do me like this. Drop this but give literally nothing and an ambiguous timeline for when that info will be released?! It's killin me.
8ITvdAe.png
:p

I'm back spamming videos - This time my Auradin, Magus, on a controller! For fun. This character is near and dear to my heart. This character is a blast to play on /players 1 because stuff explodes when you walk by, since I have level 30 holy fire and level 30 holy shock. Combined with zeal, and the newly awesome D2R charging, it's one heck of a build, and fun to play on a controller. (skills at end of video, sorry)

Check it out!!

It's a strong character. I never miss an opportunity to post up the full details, which you can read here: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/patriarch-magus-auradin.966530/

For comparison, I did a run on this same character as a tesladin, and it wasn't nearly as nifty. The changes I made were swap Hand of Justice for Grief, and Dragon for Fortitude, and of course dropped my points I had put into resist fire. Not nearly as fun! See that here:

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvio415
Howdy yall!

What you guys been up to lately? Are we cooling off on D2R yet or still going strong? I went back and played some guys in 1.14 yesterday for a bit and it's definitely nice having instant loads but it's too hard for me with framerates.

Anyways, I been playing some of my other characters in D2R for fun (see post above), and I decided to do some CS runs on my Multishot/strafe bowazon. It's so fun playing bow characters on a controller!! So I decided to build an ice maiden. I've been leveling my new bowazon and am level 33. Going to take my time and blast things and just enjoy myself on controller leveling up. I put some ridiculous twinking gear on her as leveling bowazon early is so painful and I never miss an opportunity to use my 1.09 ravenclaw.

As always, I recorded more videos, if you want to see a really boring one of my amazon leveling in act 2, check it out XD

Howdy yall!

What you guys been up to lately? Are we cooling off on D2R yet or still going strong? I went back and played some guys in 1.14 yesterday for a bit and it's definitely nice having instant loads but it's too hard for me with framerates.

Anyways, I been playing some of my other characters in D2R for fun (see post above), and I decided to do some CS runs on my Multishot/strafe bowazon. It's so fun playing bow characters on a controller!! So I decided to build an ice maiden. I've been leveling my new bowazon and am level 33. Going to take my time and blast things and just enjoy myself on controller leveling up. I put some ridiculous twinking gear on her as leveling bowazon early is so painful and I never miss an opportunity to use my 1.09 ravenclaw.

As always, I recorded more videos, if you want to see a really boring one of my amazon leveling in act 2, check it out XD

controller o_O. auradin looks pretty solid

gotten into full relapse playing this game. my first two HC characters 💀. druid died in act3 hell surrounded by 60 flayers, nuked. moved onto a blizz sorc to be more efficient; died to nm diablo which I completely underestimated his flame river damage. most of my good runes, etc. were in shared stash fortunately

but I've quickly moved on. I only had two HC characters back in the day (one made it, one died), so the rollercoaster is keeping it interesting. my new sorc (blizz/light) just made it to act4 hell RoF wp. found a random shako drop in act 3 so probably my first decent drop. getting ready to run some LK now and beef up

Maybe I do have to try out that controller...but probably not with my HC tournament characters xD

I spend 90% of my time progressing my random tournament HC necromancer in D2R and 10% levelling my UT99 sorceress I started in D2R. Haven't played Legacy since the release of D2R, but will switch back for my old tournament characters (probably).

Also, farming in D2R will be tedious for me in D2R - it often takes me 30 seconds to S&E a game before I can start a new game. So I better get used to Baal runs for my UT99er, because I will have less loading screens that way 😅

Soooooooooo, I just got the runes for Infinity, which is exactly what I wanted for my Chain/Orb Sorc. The dilemma now is what base to use. I have several eth bases in 1.14d, and I have a mid-roll Insight Thresher that I could hel out. But, I've been running untwinked so far. How important is the base for a merc Infinity?

Do I need it to be eth?
What base is best? Thresher?
Should I try to rack or trade for a 1.07 base?

Should I start another character to run lvl 85 areas for good bases?

Since it only took me ~1 week to get the runes, should I not worry too much?

TLDR: If you have an eth Thresher, I'd just use that (Hel out Insight). Otherwise I'd use any other eth elite polearm, totally fine.

Do I need it to be eth?
Technically depends on the build, but generally yes of course. If you just need the Merc to provide the aura it doesn't matter strictly speaking, but it's kinda silly making it in a non-eth base, Merc not benefitting from the high ED etc... even if when making a low-req Infinity for self-wielding I'd make it in an eth base, although that's just for style points. :)
What base is best? Thresher?
As for damage output and comparing attack speed vs. base damage, the differences are very small across all elite polearms. You can check with this spreadsheet/calculator. Generally Thresher/GT or GPA are preferred just because they are a little faster which helps with aura triggering, CB application or proc'ing CtC effects such as from Delirium. Again, attack rate differences are super small, especially when considering additional IAS gear on Merc, so IMO it doesn't really matter much.
Should I try to rack or trade for a 1.07 base?
That's your personal decision. If you're a "current patch purist" so far, I'd say starting to use time travel gear just to get a bit of Merc dmg. is not worth giving up that status :) unless you are also looking for other hax items from earlier patches.

In most of all cases, the Merc just needs to provide the aura so many of those points above are really just min-maxing with very small improvements, if any.

Reactions: snickersnack
As for damage output and comparing attack speed vs. base damage, the differences are very small across all elite polearms. You can check with this spreadsheet/calculator. Generally Thresher/GT or GPA are preferred just because they are a little faster which helps with aura triggering, CB application or proc'ing CtC effects such as from Delirium. Again, attack rate differences are super small, especially when considering additional IAS gear on Merc, so IMO it doesn't really matter much.
Just to add, merc requirements are significant factor (not for untwinked really..) but if you're planning on using that infinity across multiple characters in the future then consider this:

Eth Thresher can be equipped right away at 63 regardless of what difficulty you hired your merc in (fabulous :cool:)
Eth GT you can equip it earliest at level 78
Eth GPA you can equip at earliest at level 73
Eth CV you can equip at earliest at level 91 (!)

These are assuming you hired your merc in normal and have no strength gear on your merc. Eth Thresher is different, it's requirements are so low that any a2 merc will equip it right at level 63. If you hired your merc in nm or hell it's worse because they have lower strength at the same level, so you gotta wait like 2-4 more levels before putting it on them in that case for any of the other bases

Personal experience time: I built my first infinity in a CV and hoo boy was that a mistake. I was so hyped to use it however every character I tried to put it on I was socketing amethysts into their armor and using janky gear setups just to get that thing on a few levels earlier. I mean you can reach hell no problem at level 63, then you have to start dealing with immunes. You got that baby soft javazon walking into hell for the first time, with her supple limbs, you want infinity equipped right away. You wanna start BLASTIN'. You don't want to wait to a PREPOSTEROUS level 91!! Consider it heavily because it makes a huge difference when you play other characters.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High