D2R General Chat

What do you think about the Cyberpunk situation? I preordered and then thoroughly enjoyed the game, but I haven't played since they released the first big patch. If you have much to say about that, maybe a thread in the OT forum would be warranted. :)
Glad you feel that you got your money's worth. I found it to be a bit bland but I've been playing video games since the tail end of the 1970s so I'm hard to impress. I know the release was rocky but that was bush league compared to more recent - and far more abysmal - launches (GTA Trilogy, Battlefield 2042). Like you, I haven't really played it since the 1.2 patch - Valheim and D2R ended up gobbling up all of my attention.

Holy christ dude. I definitely take breaks. I spose that comes with the territory of being mod though. Don't know how you folks do it, I'm too flakey for that.
It's a lot of reading (I tend to do it over breakfast) but the "workload" is light... for me anyway (please send your thoughts and prayers to our besieged trade mods). 😬

Reactions: snickersnack
Glad you feel that you got your money's worth. I found it to be a bit bland but I've been playing video games since the tail end of the 1970s so I'm hard to impress. I know the release was rocky but that was bush league compared to more recent - and far more abysmal - launches (GTA Trilogy, Battlefield 2042). Like you, I haven't really played it since the 1.2 patch - Valheim and D2R ended up gobbling up all of my attention.
My gaming preferences were formed in the mid 80s, so not so discerning as yours, but also not too plebian.

I was hoping that The Ascent would scratch my cyberpunk itch, but it burned me pretty bad (lost a few weeks of gameplay), so I'm more stand-offish now with new games.

I've gotten enough dkeys to do my first few runs. Atm, I have 14 tkeys, 15 hkeys, and 15 dkeys. A few countess runs will fix that.

@Miron and @Excalibur gave excellent advice. The runs were very safe! I had no deaths and not really any NDEs. The reaper's toll on the merc made a big difference! 😁

Reactions: Excalibur
Ugh. Sunday night. I'm feeling really down about it. We got the whole big long week ahead of us folks :( Are a lot of you folks in europe? I'm curious. It always seems like there's tons of posts while I'm asleep and less posts when I'm awake XD.

At any rate.. What yall been up to in D2R? Are you guys excited about the new patch or no? Feels like it's never going to drop. I got this weird feeling when I play D2 Live these days. There's so many nice things in the patch.. like the mouse clicking attacking improvements coming in the new patch.. or the fact that magic arrow does assloads more damage in the new patch, or those improvements to the act 1 merc.. or I even wish I had the low level set improvements. There's so many tiny things that aren't huge but I played the PTR so much that now I'm really missing those tiny improvements.

I've been playing an untwinked holy freeze zealot. Hoo man been a while since I played an untwinked character. I have been swearing a lot at my computer screen. Attack rating is BS man. IMO like, casters gotta worry about mana, attacking characters gotta worry about attack rating, but ALSO about mana. It's bullcrap man. I spent so much of NM with a 50% chance to hit things. Maybe I just suck at playing untwinked, maybe it's just melee is tough, I don't know. But it feels unfair at times. I spent a ton of time farming and still struggling.

Not playing much these days, from time to time doing some baal runs with buriza based ama (level 47~).

Regarding new patch, if the changes will stay the same then:

- will forward fend ama, phoenix strike sin, double throw barb, hunter druid to D2R
- finally start working on impale zon
- finally start working on BF sin
- will be interesting to test new mercs

I've been rerolling some GCs, and here's what I have:

Graverobber's Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x3ee526c0
Item Level: 99
Version: Resurrected
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+4 to Strength

Sharp Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xa3d83e68
Item Level: 95
+10 to Maximum Damage
+76 to Attack Rating
38% Extra Gold from Monsters

Cobalt Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xc1550af3
Item Level: 95
Cold Resist +23%

Obviously, the last one will be rerolled, but I'm not so sure on the others. I have 7 necro summoning GCs in 1.14d, but none in D2R. I don't plan on making a summon necro any time soon, though. I do have designs on a trav whirler, so that sharp GC might be useful.

The last time I got 'stuck' on a GC was when I rerolled into a Lion Branded GC, and I tried to trade for a junk baal gc +Um, but there were no takers. Is it even worth trying to trade the necro summon GC?

Ideally, I'd want Lightning skilllers.

This is about trade, farming, and new patch strat, so I decided to put it here.

My 87 MeteOrber ripped, and it was absolutely not due to myself recklessly teleporting around until I landed in the middle of two packs of mana burn, fanatism nasty monsters and didn't react quick enough. No sir, it wasn't my fault.

Anyways! I'm looking to build an exclusive sorc for running The Countess, what do you guys suggest considering I run HC-SSF?

I think FO/Nova may be ideal, but I'm unsure how would that work out without gear and in HC. Any thoughts? Thanks!

My 87 MeteOrber ripped, and it was absolutely not due to myself recklessly teleporting around until I landed in the middle of two packs of mana burn, fanatism nasty monsters and didn't react quick enough. No sir, it wasn't my fault.

Anyways! I'm looking to build an exclusive sorc for running The Countess, what do you guys suggest considering I run HC-SSF?

I think FO/Nova may be ideal, but I'm unsure how would that work out without gear and in HC. Any thoughts? Thanks!
First of RIP.
Know the feeling all too well. Totally not my fault for taking my hand of the keyboard while questing in Flayer Dungeon and fighting a LE Elite pack...

I personally like FB/Nova better, because I don't really enjoy FOrb and it also uses the FCR you are stacking for nova.

It should be fairly easy/cheap to hit 105 FCR and that should be enough for a countess runner and even LK runner for crafting mats and charms, maybe even running p1/p3 pits or cows for runes.

Example:
Spirit 30 FCR
Vipermagi 30 FCR
Magefist 20 FCR
Rings 20 FCR
Amu 10 FCR

Total: 110 FCR

or switch jewelry for a caster shield

You can also use spectral shard for even more FCR and free up a ring or amu slot.

I think I would go for Vita instead of ES, because of Mana burn, which could really wreck your day and it is more skills available for FB synergies.

You can transition to 200 later on, once you find/gamble a gg circlet and Arach.

I don't play HC much, but I have played two orb/chain sorcs. I played one a long time ago on bnet, and I started fresh in SP D2R with a similar build. I basically rushed to get to LK, then ran LK until I could make Infinity, then I respecced into pure lighting.

Orb/Chain worked well untwinked, and it was pretty safe. It's not great for MFing bosses, though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High