D2R General Chat

ThrowLikeAGirl is level 50 and running Nihlathak hoping for Titan's. Getting a few unique and set items, so it's not all for naught so far.
Modify message

I haven’t tried if you can over-ride it in game - If you are at P8 via the shortcut can you switch to P1?
Yes, with -players 8 in the shortcut, typing out new /players settings will change the players settings with the same behavior as in the original game (monsters already spawned will remain /p8, but newly spawned monsters will be /p1 or whatever you set it to). The next game you create will be back at /players 8.

Omg it works!!!! Thanks so much! I tried it with -players8 first but didnt think about adding a space...

@maxicek you can use /playersx ingame and it works aswell. The next game its back to players8 if you put that command line. This is huge

Hot new tip here guys - block D2R from trying to connect to the internet at all under all circumstances. Follow these steps:
  • Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  • Type "WF.msc". This should open up Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
  • Click on Outbound Rules in the left sidebar.
  • Select New Rule in the right sidebar.
  • Check if Program selected, click on Next.
  • Browse and locate your executable. (D2R.exe)
  • Select Block the connection. Click Next.
  • Let the checkboxes remain as is if you want to block the connection everywhere regardless of the network it is connected to. Click Next.
  • Write an appropriate Name and Description so you know which program is being blocked by the rule. (Will save confusion later when trying to unblock the program.)
  • Click on Finish.
If you wish to unblock the connection, simply select and delete (R-Click + Delete, or Del on the keyboard) the rule.

I recently have been getting a "connecting to battle.net" message when launching the game, even from my shortcut directly to d2r.exe (which I used to not get, since my game is not updated to current patch). It takes quite some time, maybe 30 seconds on game launch. This is quite frustrating obviously since we have to quit out of the game to mule, adding a significant amount of time to muling. Following this simple procedure, you can now play completely offline and not have this message or have to wait for the 30 seconds (and not worry about it doing things in the background goofing with your loading times).
does this impact patch updating at all?

does this impact patch updating at all?

I imagine so, yes. You may still be able to update by playing the game through the launcher, however the game will not update as long as you launch through D2R.exe or a shortcut to D2R.exe. I am avoiding updating right now as some players reported performance hitches in the latest update (framerate hiccups), otherwise I'd test out the launcher thing for you.

If you can't update through the launcher, then you'd have to delete this firewall rule to update. Luckily doing so is quite easy.

A double post! AH. Sorry. I know I've been spamming you guys with videos a bit much lately, however I've been having a great time recording myself using the radeon software. It's really fun!

The latest I wanted to share was a more focused Lower Kurast running video with an optimal character and an optimal map in D2R. I am not the best runner in the world or anything, but at least this will give you a good idea of at least a baseline of what is achievable in D2R with a more serious character. I'm clocking 20ish second runs

The most noticeable difference between this and 1.14 is the load from a4 to a3 LK. It's the longest load by a mile. Game creation and exit is longer in D2R but not by as much. If you compare to my video of the same character on the same map in 1.14 here:
- you can see that these runs, while faster, are picking up far less. During these runs I'm basically gunning only for HRs and leaving everything else behind. Keeping that in mind, they are very similar... ish. I think I was just a better player in the old video XD I had been doing a lot more runs over a longer period of time so I was just playing far better.

One of the biggest differences between D2L and D2R I am noticing when comparing these 2 videos is the amount of drops that are visible on the screen. In D2R, I feel as though I am almost always seeing all the items dropped, compared with D2L where I feel like there are nearly always items off screen. It's kind of giving me anxiety watching that 1.14 video where I'm just like.. not checking anything and zooming to the next one. Like there's no way my eyes are making contact with everything that has dropped. Maybe I just didn't care.. only looking for HRs. I did that a lot back in the day. Could just be that I'm a lot older and slower now though.

Last edited:
One of the biggest differences between D2L and D2R I am noticing when comparing these 2 videos is the amount of drops that are visible on the screen. In D2R, I feel as though I am almost always seeing all the items dropped, compared with D2L where I feel like there are nearly always items off screen. It's kind of giving me anxiety watching that 1.14 video where I'm just like.. not checking anything and zooming to the next one. Like there's no way my eyes are making contact with everything that has dropped. Maybe I just didn't care.. only looking for HRs. I did that a lot back in the day. Could just be that I'm a lot older and slower now though.
Another so annoying issue in D2. I usually farm at players 8 so there are so many items on the ground that I literally spend minutes to make sure I do not miss anything. But has anyone noticed if all items are always displayed in D2R? Or there is also a cap on how many items are displayed on the ground?
Also, didn't they say there would be an option for displaying items? Something like showing only Magics and above or only Rares and above something that could at least eliminate the white items display?

A double post! AH. Sorry. I know I've been spamming you guys with videos a bit much lately, however I've been having a great time recording myself using the radeon software. It's really fun!

The latest I wanted to share was a more focused Lower Kurast running video with an optimal character and an optimal map in D2R. I am not the best runner in the world or anything, but at least this will give you a good idea of at least a baseline of what is achievable in D2R with a more serious character. I'm clocking 20ish second runs

The most noticeable difference between this and 1.14 is the load from a4 to a3 LK. It's the longest load by a mile. Game creation and exit is longer in D2R but not by as much. If you compare to my video of the same character on the same map in 1.14 here:
- you can see that these runs, while faster, are picking up far less. During these runs I'm basically gunning only for HRs and leaving everything else behind. Keeping that in mind, they are very similar... ish. I think I was just a better player in the old video XD I had been doing a lot more runs over a longer period of time so I was just playing far better.

older... slower...

not just balancing characters now and avoiding hc death. make sure balance d2 with family and mortgage

Another so annoying issue in D2. I usually farm at players 8 so there are so many items on the ground that I literally spend minutes to make sure I do not miss anything. But has anyone noticed if all items are always displayed in D2R? Or there is also a cap on how many items are displayed on the ground?
Also, didn't they say there would be an option for displaying items? Something like showing only Magics and above or only Rares and above something that could at least eliminate the white items display?
There's still a limit. You'll notice how the items on the 'bottom right' will disappear when more items are shown. (from what i've noticed towards the beginning of launch. havn't ran LK since)

Today I decided to reinstall D2R on my SSD. Can't really say that I noticed a difference in loading times. Perhaps one second faster? I don't know.
Trying to log in now it puts me in the Online Que. If you want to play offline it says you haven't logged in battle net for a month so you can't proceed offline. Come on now..

Pro Tip: MFing and tired of exiting d2R after filling up that stash to mule? Use that Shared Stash! Latest version of GoMule allows you to mule off with the SharedStash! Just open it up like a normal stash with the Shared Stash button! (Stash is in your d2R saved game files.)

Reactions: corale
There's still a limit. You'll notice how the items on the 'bottom right' will disappear when more items are shown. (from what i've noticed towards the beginning of launch. havn't ran LK since
Yes the limit is still there and seems to be the same however the items don't snake off the screen as easily.

Trying to log in now it puts me in the Online Que. If you want to play offline it says you haven't logged in battle net for a month so you can't proceed offline. Come on now..
after you get logged in the first time you can block d2r.exe from the internet entirely in your firewall settings. I made another post about it, if you have continued issues with this that'd be worth looking into. I have no tips for avoiding the first online check though XD

Nope, there's no current in game implementation to filter items. I wish, that's the real dream. It's one of the most requested features and I know that MrLlamma had a survey that put it as one of the highest requested features which got sent to the devs, so at least there's hope? I'm not holding out hope though for any real changes past what we have already considering the amount of problems they're having atm.

If you want to play offline it says you haven't logged in battle net for a month so you can't proceed offline.
I got that message the first time I tried to play under a second Windows account. (I wanted to start a untwinked character but give them their very own shared stash to work with.) I started the game from the launcher and then exited the queue by hitting escape to go offline. I didn't have to wait through the queue. After that, I was able to launch from the D2R.exe directly.

Pro Tip: MFing and tired of exiting d2R after filling up that stash to mule? Use that Shared Stash! Latest version of GoMule allows you to mule off with the SharedStash! Just open it up like a normal stash with the Shared Stash button! (Stash is in your d2R saved game files.)
I've set up a mule character in game that I use to grab stuff from the shared stash to mule off later into GoMule. My shared stash for my Cause and Effect team is already pretty crowded with stuff I'm "actively" using, so it helps keep it neater without having to completely exit the game.

Reactions: coju
Nope, there's no current in game implementation to filter items. I wish, that's the real dream. It's one of the most requested features and I know that MrLlamma had a survey that put it as one of the highest requested features which got sent to the devs, so at least there's hope? I'm not holding out hope though for any real changes past what we have already considering the amount of problems they're having atm.
Shouldn't we create a topic here just to keep all those suggestions gathered?
It would be nice to have them collected in one place if they ever start implementing those suggestions.

Reactions: NorthDakota
Might Javazon zipped through Act 1 NM, as I've decided I need to get to meph and do some farming there. Have filled in some low level items, but need to get her to where she can do me some more good. Still have way too many stat points to use after maxing LF and CS, just don't know which way I want to go.

Reactions: NorthDakota
So i decided to go down the LK rabbit hole a bit and would like to track my runs. I know the old run counters dont work obviously but is there a good program or a way to track it manually where i would just have to hit a key or something every run to record it? Wouldn't mind doing a fair bit of it and would like to track it accurately.

So i decided to go down the LK rabbit hole a bit and would like to track my runs. I know the old run counters dont work obviously but is there a good program or a way to track it manually where i would just have to hit a key or something every run to record it? Wouldn't mind doing a fair bit of it and would like to track it accurately.
Dudzy what about a simple keypress counter? I literally googled keypress counter and came up with some things that might be good options (I haven't tried anything so I don't want to link to a sketchy program or something) but doing that seems like it'd be good enough. There's even one that you can save your session to a file to reload later, potentially meaning you could continue on that one counter between sessions. Could set it to a key you don't ever press during play and just hit that key once a run like you say

@NorthDakota Yea, i was thinking that, just wasn't sure if you guys had a specific thing you like to use, think i found something that will work and can just hit home every run. Easier then doing the pen and paper route and faster.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High