D2 Goals & Objectives for 2021

My online goals are complete; despite the whole rickety servers.

Dropped from the 99er tourney and 3 legged tourney;
a complete do-over.

New goals for the remaining 2.5 months are:
  1. Start progression thread for a complete list of my D2R goals.
  2. Start a trade thread for D2R.
  3. Enter untwinked 99er again; get to lvl 90 and farm 1 torch & 1 Anni with the 99er - for short play sessions
  4. Enter 3 legged tourney again - making good use of the shared stash - for longer play sessions
  5. Write a very simple program related to D2 as a personal project
    - perhaps something as simple as uploading save files to google cloud
    - another idea is swapping character/shared stash files between saved projects;
    as I need this feature for switching between the 99er and 3 legged tourney characters

Last edited:
- perhaps something as simple as uploading save files to google cloud
Could you change the Safe To folder to the Drive Folder? I think Dropbox has a way you can have a folder that auto uploads/downloads when that folder is updated. Unsure about gDrive.

Long overdue update here:

1. Host single pass tournament and Guardian an entry -> Finished, with Orange You Glad Tourney Guardian

2. Start new twinked sept and finish at least four characters -> Started the sept, with three characters finished (thanks to MP groups!), so only one more 2H melee character to go

3. Quest four other twinked characters through -> I've gotten another five Mat/Pats in another twinked sept that I will likely finish before the 2H Melee sept, plus one other character

4. Get Untwinked Windy to 99 (stretch goal) -> Not going to happen. He is a little past 97.6 and getting steady playing time again, so on track to get into level 98 before the year is up. The main question now is whether I can get him to 99 before the 6-year anniversary of the Untwinked 99er Challenge reboot in March 2022.

5. Gamble through 100M gold stashed in the hopes of dual leech FCR ring and at least one great circlet -> Finished, with no useful items

Last edited:
So;

1). Complete RW grail. This will be a big one. I have most of the low end ones but none/maybe one of the high ends with Sur/Cham/Jah/Ber/Zod.
2). Make a new character and get to Mat/Patriarch level 80+ with a build I have not made before. Not too hard given how many builds there are, just have to pick one.
3). Get a Hellfire torch. This wasn't enabled for Single player back then and it is now. See how I go solo with some of my characters. Already farming keys.
Update on my progress.

1). Been running the countess with a couple of Sorceress's, depending on which one I feel like at the time, An Charged boltress/Blizzard/spike and a Hydraforber. Nothing so far in the high end runes though there has been a few mid range, Lum - Pul. Going to be a long one this.

2). I picked a Character! Well almost. It will be one of two builds, not sure which yet. I've already started the character, level 20 In act 2 and aiming for either a Magazon or Frostzon. I'm leaning towards the Frosty as I have the full Mavina's set which looks kind off cool. (Pul intended, I mean, Pun).

3). Been farming the keys. Plenty from the countess thanks to Rune farming. Nilathak has been the most difficult as in he is a stingy one. Again, my Hydraforber has served well here, the range of Hydra is a treat. Finally got enough keys to open all three portals. Who to assign the task? Easy. A Paladin wielding a nasty Legendary mallet, otherwise known as a Schaeferdin.
First up was Lilith. Baled her up in a corner and zealed her down. She was easy, health orb barely moved though it was green for the entire fight and Maxamillan's hit points plummeted once he was no longer leeching from her, but a quick TP back to town sorted that out.
Next was Duriel's big nasty brother. He took much longer as he was leeching a lot of health back or regenerating it. His health plummeted down quickly from the static field, but the last third took ages though weapon switching to the stone crusher helped. Being frozen the entire fight didn't help.
Finally, Izual. Barely a speed bump. Took a while to find him on the map and I didn't realise I had encountered him at first, he didn't look all that Uber. Went down quickly to the fast swinging hammer.

With a full set of Body parts, I opened the final portal to Uber tristram. I encountered Mephisto who summoned a bunch of undead. I smashed most of them then moved to melee range with Mephisto, got a few shots in and pow. He took Maxamillian out with one shot. I tried to get my body back but there was no way I was getting back to my body so I abandoned the game.

At this point I did no research into the Ubers, read any tactics or anything, just wanted to pit the Schaeferdin against an Uber to see how it would fair. I did not expect him to go down so quickly. Hmmm.
Oh well, round two is coming. Hopefully Nilathak is more generous with his keys, I'll do some research and see what/why/how happened and hopefully, do better next time.

I erm, hope that soloing Uber tristram is possible. I mean, they wouldn't enable it in single player if it wasn't, right?

Nice to see people checking lots of goals off! As for me, I had a productive year and managed to cross everything off my list. Wasn't expecting that!

- Finish my eBotD Sept
Done

- Guardian at least one tournament character
Done (Tesladin in the Orange You Glad Tournament). Truth be told I was expecting at least one or two more, but I've kind of stalled out on tournament characters at the moment. I will get back to them some day though, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

- Get Stevesy to 98+
Currently cruising along at ~98.2. I won't finish him this year, likely not even close. Maybe next year though!

- Get to Grail -4
Well this one I wasn't expecting to complete. Not only did I get to -4 in the RFL of all places, I did one better and got down to -3 in the MFO as well. Super happy about that, hoping to repeat that magic next year.

I also am overdue for an update.

Rich (BB code):
1. Get my first Guardian
2. Start a new untwinked 99er and achieve at least level 90
3. Get from 0 to over 500 points in the Murios project
4. Build characters to participate in RFO, MFO, and such
5. Migrate @Kitteh's original Untwinked 99er Reboot thread
6. Finish my editing pass of the M/P/G Archive

1. Done!
2. Done! Sitting at 95 and still going strong.
3. Done!
4. Done!
5. I've only finished 65/280 pages after taking a big break from migration. I'm back to working on this again, doing 10 pages each weekend, but this will have to be added to next year's goals.
6. Waiting on number 5 to be finished before continuing, so no progress (again) on this one. This will also have to be added to next year's goals.

I suppose with just over a couple of months left, I can add another non-migration goal: Finish one of my tournament characters. This will most likely be my D2R random paladin as I doubt I'll have time to finish my 3 Legged Race characters by then with all the other projects I have going on.

With the drop of a 3/10 Pally casting amulet, I've decided tojoin the party late to help remind myself why I pick up nearly everything...
Code:
Goals for 2021 - 2022

Project 100 Torches and Annis:                              Progress
1. Collect 900 uber keys                                    900/900
2. Collect 100 SoJ's from 1.00                              102/100

Charms and Jewels
3. 8x 12% MF Grand Charms                                   2/8
4. 3x 4 STR Grand Charms with any prefix but no rlvl        1/3
5. 12x Jewels of Carnage (+15)                              1/12
6. 12x Jewels of Wrath (+9)                                 6/12
7. 24x Jewels of Ire (+5)                                   2/24
8. 12x 3 MPK jewels                                         7/12
9. 4x 40% Gold find Grand charms with prefix                0/4
10. 4x 10% Gold find Small charms with prefix               3/4
11. 4x Steel Grand Charms with suffix                       0/4
12. 10x Skillers with a suffix                              22/10

1.07 and 1.08:
13. Find a Runic Talons rack                                1/1
14. Find a Greater Talons rack                              0/1
15. Find a Feral Claws rack                                 0/1
16. Find a Sacred Armor rack                                0/1
17. Rack 2x Wizzy spikes                                    2/2
18. Level 2nd Java to 99                                    0/1
19. 6x 5% FRW SC with prefix                                0/6
20. 6x 7% MF SC (1.08)                                      0/6
21. 6x 4% MF SC (1.07)                                      7/6

Misc.
22. 20 runes Ohm or higher                                  8/20
23. 3x Eth grail items                                      1/3
24. 2x Perfect grail items                                  2/2
25. 1x Bahamut's Ring of the Apprentice                     0/1
26. 30 Burning Essence of Terror                            30/30
27. Find 15% ED Superior of every bow                       14/30
28. Find 15% ED Superior of every xbow                      2/12
29. Level Pally to 97                                       0/1

Gambling my life savings project:
30. 3/10 Combat skills                                      1/1
31. 3/10 PnB skills                                         1/1
32. 3/10 Elemental skills                                   0/1
33. 3/10 Fire skills                                        0/1
34. 3/10 Lightning skills                                   0/1
35. 3/20 PnB Circlet                                        0/1
36. 3/20 Elemental skills circlet                           0/1
37. 3/20 Fire skills circlet                                0/1
38. Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Nirvana                       0/1
39. Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Luck                          0/1

Hopes and dreams:
40. +5 Find item/BO Barb helm                               0/1
41. JMoD                                                    0/1
42. 6/40 Maiden or Ceremonial Javelin                       0/1
43. 50 War travs                                            0/1
44. 3os eTomby                                              0/1
1637101215885.png
1635270374478-png.70044

1638215956358.png
1637687972421.png
1640090539392.png
1635369989879.png
1635414628783.png
1635460554037.png
1635851713349.png
1636057054859.png
1636109410319.png
1636140270016.png
1636150733412.png
1637256815510.png
1637619039044.png
1637787771573.png
1637788186423.png
1637789644122.png
1637833867445.png
1637930096852.png
1638216000268.png
1638274109283.png
TBA
Runes: Ohm, Ohm, Sur, Ohm, Cham, Lo (1.07), Cham, Ber

1637173962609.png

Eth grail:
1635442480194.png

Perfect rolls:
1635410930811.png
1636052969099.png
1635286969997-png.70057
TBA

Last edited:
So;

1). Complete RW grail. This will be a big one. I have most of the low end ones but none/maybe one of the high ends with Sur/Cham/Jah/Ber/Zod.
2). Make a new character and get to Mat/Patriarch level 80+ with a build I have not made before. Not too hard given how many builds there are, just have to pick one.
3). Get a Hellfire torch. This wasn't enabled for Single player back then and it is now. See how I go solo with some of my characters. Already farming keys.
Update.

1) & 2) No progress. Been concentrating on;
3). Finally gathered enough keys for round two. Did some Googling and discovered the likely cause of Maxamillian's defeat previously, Very likely Mephisto's level 20 Conviction.
So I guess like many other solo players taking on Uber tristram, I re geared Maxamillian, breaking out his old nemesis the Grief PB and equipping 300% resist all via gear and the back pack.
Back into Tristram, I encounter Mephisto almost immediately. He must have been waiting for me sensing a second victory and took out my follower in a blink of an eye. Not today Mephisto, i'd like to introduce you to my HoZ, very rapidly. A few seconds of smiting and he was no more. Now for his brothers. They didn't want to separate, deciding to take Max on as a team. That's ok, my shield is big enough for both of you. The two of them took quite a bit longer. I click locked Diablo until he fell then had trouble targeting Baal amongst the rable. Eventually I got a lock on him and he went down leaving my prize laying at my feet.
Out of spite, I went back to town, raised the follower (for the reapers toll to break PI) and cleaned Tristram out to stand triumphant alone and to gloat over my prize.
My first Torch, Sorceress 14/19. Ok, I would have preferred a Paladin charm, but then again, my Sorceress has the job of gathering the keys so a level 38 Forb/Hydra/Fball will be a big benefit.

Let's see how many runs it takes to get a Paladin Torch! Change 3). to get a Paladin Hellfire Torch. Edit: No, scratch that. Let's make it a Torch for every class.

Last edited:
November update
Well with D2R out, projects have shifted towards early tournaments instead of 1.14D projects. So I'll have to reshape leftovers a bit...
Edit 11/13/21: HammerMessiah is 96 (complete), Cause and effect project at 2/28 acts completed (last 2021 goal).
Edit 11/28/21: Balancing the Finds tournament is here! It becomes my last tournament requirement to complete this year's goals :love:

2021 Goals

1) a sept of Guardian by the end of 2021. Twinking/trading accepted.
Paladin: ThouShallNotDie #Guardian at lvl 85
Assassin: ItsATrap #Guardian at lvl 80
Necromancer: AlreadyDead #Guardian at lvl 83
Sorceress: Ballsy #Guardian at lvl 77
Druid: Zorro #Guardian at lvl 83
Amazon: Frida, #Guardian at lvl 84 #Untwinked #RandomTournament
Barbarian: HocusFocus #Twinked #Guardian at lvl 81
2) Participate in each of the following tournaments with at least one set - as it stands there will be a lack of specific tournaments this year so...let's replace some with other tournaments requiring some dedication.
OBP
-> Replaced by: BleedRunner Guardian in Random Tournament OK
RFL any round : Travincal OK
MFO : 500 runs done
Finding the Balance
-> Replaced by: Balancing the Finds tournament! 20hours between 4th and 26th of December. Perfect!
3) Bring my untwinked twins to Hell
Athena Hell unlocked
Minerva Hell unlocked
4) Grail to -40
currently at -35 in my dedicated stashes.
5) Getting 2000 combined levels in the Murios' project.
Last submitted score: 2015
6) Get HammerMessiah to 97 96
7) Having my Battle.net ICE guild member Boots_To_ICE Patriarch : checked!

Last edited:
small update on project 100 torches:

1636329809105.png

destruction keys #300 and #301

so far the ratio of Destruction : Hate : Terror keys has been

301 : 299 : 269

For the record, after more than 90 hours, I will not be missing visits to the halls of vaught or arcane sacntuary anytime soon....

so far the ratio of Destruction : Hate : Terror keys has been

301 : 299 : 269

For the record, after more than 90 hours, I will not be missing visits to the halls of vaught or arcane sacntuary anytime soon....
Interesting to see your find ratio of keys.
I'm also farming keys atm, hoping to get a torch for every class. So far my find ratio is; (Destruction : Hate : Terror)

17 : 15 : 18

I've also seen two keys of Destruction from Nilathak drop at once, twice. Where as so far, only singular keys from Countess & Summoner.

Reactions: ziambe
I got several double drops, but i only kept an accurate count of the terror ones; 9

I estimate the Hate/Destruction double drop rates to be between 10 and 15 each

And I had one triple hate drop.

Progress update.

1). Finish Hell difficulty with new character build. Played a couple of quick sessions with new Amazon. Now level 23.

2). Create all rune word items in game. I have continued running the countess and done some Travincal for Runes. So far I have found approx 2.5 Ist runes in value. Highest runes found so far are two Mal's. Created 4 rune words I did not have previously, Harmony, Passion, Prudence and Zephyr. I still have a long way to go as I lack a lot of the high end rune words.
Edit. I just created a list of the runes I have and have not's, There are 37 Runewords in the Have not list.

3). Hellfire torch for every character class. I have now visited Uber Tristram 6 times and have 5 hellfire torches as follows; Sorceress 14/19, Paladin 13/20, Amazon 18/15, Barbarian 19/15 & Paladin 20/10. 4 classes complete and one double up for Paladin which I do not mind at all being my favourite class, I can easily use 3-4 Hellfire torches for the Paladin.
I'm going to have to farm some more Essences to respec some characters to optimize having an Hellfire torch in the back pack, particularly my Griswald Avenger and elemental zealot. Conviction aura only requires level 25 so both those characters can respec 3 skill points elsewhere when equipped with an Hellfire torch.

Overall, I am progressing well here and hoping to do two Uber Tristram runs per week.

Last edited:
I'm closing my goals for the year now.

Main goals:
1. Finish the RW Grail
Done

2. Take my 3 remaining PvP Assassins to lvl 95 (That will be 8 total)
After the MFO it is now 2 done, 1 to go.
D2R has put on hold the plans for the last one, but last weekends PvP means the last one is still likely to happen.

3. Make an Avenger in every class.
Now complete - Druid, Necro. Complete table in the Necro thread.

4. Actually play some PvP. HLD or LLD, it doesn't matter.
It happened & I have video evidence

Stretch Goals
1. Make an additional Fury and CoH
CoH is done and used on the Necro
Fury needs to be done in 1.14d as it for PvP, but I need to do Infinity and Enigma in D2R first.

2. Improve the claws for my trappers
Unlikely to do this now.

3. Beta CtA Phase Blade
I was going to use this for a Kick Trapper, but as I'm doing this for the untwinked 99ers in D2R I don't need it anymore. Also I did my trap laying in the MFO with a War Scepter which felt a bit slow but was not a problem

Now time to think about next year's goals.

Final update
Time to think about next year's goals...
2021 Goals
1) a sept of Guardian by the end of 2021. Twinking/trading accepted.
Paladin: ThouShallNotDie #Guardian at lvl 85
Assassin: ItsATrap #Guardian at lvl 80
Necromancer: AlreadyDead #Guardian at lvl 83
Sorceress: Ballsy #Guardian at lvl 77
Druid: Zorro #Guardian at lvl 83
Amazon: Frida, #Guardian at lvl 84 #Untwinked #RandomTournament
Barbarian: HocusFocus #Twinked #Guardian at lvl 81
2) Participate in each of the following tournaments with at least one set - with a lack of specific tournaments this year one has been replaced by another kind of tournament.
OBP
-> Replaced by: BleedRunner Guardian in Random Tournament OK
RFL any round : Travincal OK
MFO : 500 runs done
Finding the Balance
-> Replaced by: Balancing the Finds tournament! OK
3) Bring my untwinked twins to Hell
Athena Hell unlocked
Minerva Hell unlocked
4) Grail to -40
less than 15 (!) now after some specific TC3 hunt and big time in the Pits. Most is now TC 84+, amulets, one kind of facet (cold lvl up), the set cap, and the two Mighty Scepters.
5) Getting 2000 combined levels in the Murios' project.
Last submitted score: 2015, two more to be submitted
6) Get HammerMessiah to 97 96
7) Having my Battle.net ICE guild member Boots_To_ICE Patriarch : checked!

Not even going to bother hunting through here to see what i was aiming for this year because i have D2R now so have basically started from scratch again.

Just 3 characters so far so will ponder plans soonish. One of those characters is merely created and nothing done with it because semi tempted to stream it on Twitch. Shouldn't be too hard once i get past the two 'issue' areas namely Duriel and Diablo but it is a Fishymancer so shouldn't be that hard.

Reactions: Babyhell
  1. Complete the quest to transmute each Horadric Cube recipe.
    • Complete another pat/mat sept as a side quest, mostly avoiding runeworded items so that instead I can transmute loads of runes.​
    • Complete the Grail of Steel as a side quest.​
  2. Complete the SPF Mat/Pat/Guardian Skill Census/Analysis and commentary project.
    • Of course, I'll keep using it to help me decide what new pats/mats to attempt, both "tried-and-true cookie cutters" and "roads-less-traveled."​
    • (I'm still pondering @maxicek 's query about whether there's a convenient way to keep its spreadsheets maintained going forward; I think that should be a related goal.)​
  3. Participate in at least three tournaments (preferably SC; reluctant but willing to brave HC again if a contest looks interesting enough).
1. Only two recipes left to go. Five down and two to go for another sept. I will keep working on this project in 2022. The Grail of Steel side quest was finished earlier this week.

2. Completed. I considered making an epilogue to the skill census, but for now I think I'll just leave it be. I was quite flattered when Pb_pal put a large boldfaced link to the census near the top of the SPF M/P/G build compilation. As I look back on it, I'm reasonably happy with the way it turned out, but perhaps some of my editorial opinions could have been toned down a bit, and it still has a few embarrassing grammar and spelling mistakes. It appears that upcoming D2R patches will affect some of the skills, so that will probably motivate me to write some updates. Sometime next summer I also want to update the tables with the new M/P/Gs that have been posted since the last updates.

3. Completed. I participated in the 2021 RFL, the 2021 MFO, the three-legged race, and in Balancing the Finds.

So, will Luhkoh be the first to start a 2022 goal thread tomorrow? Or will someone else beat him to it? :)

Reactions: Babyhell
I'll give my goals the last-day update haha. Didn't get that many done, but then I quit playing for 5 months since July and plan to go on hiatus again shortly 😅. And with that in mind, @Swamigoon I say you've got the goals thread for 2022 :). I did start up playing again just recently to knock out that runeword grail and am so pumped I finished it!
Rich (BB code):
No.   Goal                             Progress
---   ----------------------------     --------------------
1.    Level 99 with twinked hdin       lvl 98.1, 100 hours in, no plans to continue
2.    Complete runeword grail          DONE, check thread in signature
3.    Grail -1                         no progess (fathom, stormlash, tyraels remaining)
4.    <1.9 adjeff HoR entry            no progress (1.992 with fizz sorc last year)
5.    20+ hours in all RFL and MFO     RFL done! Did not play for MFO
6.    Find 4 ilvl87+ usacreds          0/4 (but one ilvl 86 :()
7.    Get a guardian                   Done! Lvl 93

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High