The PvP Thread

If it brings Gripphon out of retirement, I'm in for the next session. :) Haven't PvP'ed in ages but got some ideas for characters/gearing.
Hello! It will be an honor playing with you. I can already see us planning some evil 2v2 strategy. The unbeatable team.

Reactions: ffs and maxicek

For those that are curious about PvP, this gives a pretty good idea of what Single Player Duelling is like, the duels are pretty much all those I recorded. No cherry picking to show ones where I played particularly well :)
If you look at the end, you can see why I said Delsy & I are Spam Team Alpha. Fear our spamming skills.

If you are interested in PvP, let us know here - We can help with character advice, even equipment.
Next target to get out of retirement is @Colony :)

Hello! It will be an honor playing with you. I can already see us planning some evil 2v2 strategy. The unbeatable team.
Sounds great (y) evil strategies are my favorite strategies!

So after 5 or so hours of technical troubleshooting and general BS I managed to get host working. Plan is to set up permanent host machine over next few days. Grip already joined to check host and it seemed solid, but I'd need to check if host work for others too. I'll let you all know when this stuff is finalized.
speed.png
I actually have decent internet now and I think you all shouldn't have much issues with ping and delays. I'd give IP to anyone interested in PvP so you can have games whenever you want, be it pre arranged with groups or private 1v1s or ERP sessions.

I'd like to propose that we host games in NM so people can ease the requirements for resistance charms and extremely high quality gear in general so it becomes more open to newcomers. Let me know what you think of this idea.

The idea of giving Grip access to 60 ping with barb being actually playable is kinda scary ngl.

For those that are curious about PvP, this gives a pretty good idea of what Single Player Duelling is like, the duels are pretty much all those I recorded. No cherry picking to show ones where I played particularly well :)
If you look at the end, you can see why I said Delsy & I are Spam Team Alpha. Fear our spamming skills.

If you are interested in PvP, let us know here - We can help with character advice, even equipment.
Next target to get out of retirement is @Colony :)
I though Bow Amazon was Maxicek and Desly Bone Necro all along. 🤣

I strongly support the nightmare host idea for the following reasons

1. Easier to make strong budget characters and make them closer in strength to what we have, this will make PvP easier accessible for a new players. They could use simple 20 life charms and have maximum benefit they could apart from good skillers which could be avoided overall
2. Characters like bowazons and barbs will be stronger due to easier access to higher damage,
currently those characters are quite nerfed while casters are at their full power not losing anything
3. I'm not sure what is exactly advantage of playing on hell apart from making it harder to make top tier build with maxed resistances for a new players. Nightmare is a nice balance of us being able to use our strong charms and making it easier for a new players to build strong characters. :)

And yes, froz's host... Vegeta is already sharpening his axes. I hope it works good for you guys as well

Last edited:
Duelling in NM:
  • Blizz sorc is easier to stack against.
  • No Super Mana Pots available from Akara.
  • Lots of character re-palnning required.
I'm not convinced that lack of equipment / SCs etc is an argument for many people these days in the SPF, at least judging but the IFT. I don't think we will attract any more players just because we are now duelling in NM.

That said, I am happy to give it a go and see what happens.

Edit: When did Cro-net get so damn fast?

I don't think anyone will stack against blizzard sorc since we aren't competitively playing. Potions can be bought from later towns and dropped on entrance to Blood Moor before fights. Re-planning is indeed an inconvenience, but mostly in charms department. Instead of resistances we could bring in more AR or mana, mana making for more fluid playing for everyone and less dependance on potions.

Point being this will not attract new players but it will allow us to make stronger characters for them with more life/mana and making their playing more fluid as well. Imagine less situations when you stay out of mana right in the middle of attack.

Honestly hosting in Hell is probably not too good for new people. -100 resistances is massive. If you think about it for a bit, on bnet aside from access to higher quality charms, you also have fixed Anya bug and Torch/Anni. That's combined 70 allresists, and even in some private dueling setups, those people are still playing in NM. And I honestly think that's good way to play.

Item constrains become much less severe, much like grip said. Allress/15IAS jewels can be substituted by simple Shael and for fcr jewelery, both amulets and rings it becomes much easier to actually be useful because you don't need to use specific pieces to patch your holes in resists, especially for those crazy 15+fcr amulets. Same for SCs.

I do not think it would make or break PvP or that somehow people might get super interested in it, but I do believe that it will become easier to make characters that work well in FFA setup. In duels it's easy to get your single element resistances up, you don't need to focus on having maxblock vs casters etc, but for FFA which is majority of duels we have in SPF, it can be really hard to cover all resistances and have block for example. I know it's hard for me, let alone people who don't have high quality gear like I do. That's the general idea behind it. That way even nagi might have resistance cap on his bowazon >_>
I sure know that I won't optimize my characters for new resistance values - they are good enough as they are now so this won't affect me in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, NM duelling is interesting, I just don't think it is without problems. Resists would help my bowazon too :)

For me the biggest issue is you can't buy Super Mana in NM. You can offset some of this by replacing resist SCs (of life) with mana SCs, but then demand for mana SCs with life goes up. Or you end up with people leaving the game all the time to buy Super Mana in Hell, which adds delay between games.

Like I said, we can try it though :)

Hell will probably be a double-edged sword for players with poor wealth. Perhaps it will be hard for them to maintain high resists but at the same time it will be easier for them to deal high damage to your characters with their spells.

Also, do not carried away by the fact that newbies in PvP don't have high end characters! They may have better characters than most of us do, just not for PvP!

Personally, I would prefer dueling in Hell.
It feels more complete.

Reactions: Miron
NM is easier to gear for both "poor" and "rich" players IMO. Probably easier to get going for players who don't have a lot of gear to choose from, but also easier for well-geared chars to improve even further... What are the rules anyway, do you know the build you're fighting beforehand? Cause then IMO it's easy to keep some resist charms/other gear in stash. On the other hand I'd have absolutely no issue playing in NM really.

Not having any PvP chars atm, I plan to repurpose and deck out a few chars along these lines:

Bone Necro: Got a few nice items like 2/20 amulet and circlets for this guy, some life skillers too.

Ghost Sin: Similar, decent skiller collection and a juicy 2/20/life/all res circlet. Also a nicely rolled Chaos and Fury RT. I like the build and it's OK gear by my current-patch & self-found standards :) meaning no ATMA bug shenanigans or godly eth OP fools claws for me... but should be alright.

Blizzard Sorc & FB Sorc: For Blizzard I have the essential S&Us, some lifers and 2/20 ammy as well... On the other hand my Fire Ball craft/rare gear is kinda crappy... but from what I understand the build is generally strong in PvP so we'll see.

Paladin: Again got a 2/20 ammy and some potentially interesting FCR circlets allowing some more defensive armor choices... not sure about the build yet.

Reactions: Gripphon
Nightmare having no super mana potions changes things, I thought it can be bought in later acts...

Do we have some sort of budget PvP guide somewhere or it wasn't written?

What are the rules anyway, do you know the build you're fighting beforehand?
Not really, you see them on the spot when appearing. Stash can be used freely to change gear.

Last edited:
I won't write a guide, rather share some playing experience and points which other players might find useful in deciding what direction they want to go with their characters. Guides that dominate are from battlenet players and their playing conditions are different than ours (playing ping being the biggest factor) so some points I'll share might be opposite from what they claim in guides.

I won't write a guide, rather share some playing experience and points which other players might find useful in deciding what direction they want to go with their characters. Guides that dominate are from battlenet players and their playing conditions are different than ours (playing ping being the biggest factor) so some points I'll share might be opposite from what they claim in guides.
You talking shit about me host mate?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High