The PvP Thread

I'm ready to try. Installed 1.14d version and don't know why nopickup doesn't work in game, don't know what are new commands xD

Reactions: maxicek
Game up:
Down

Is it a bear that stays in town and blocks the stash?

Last edited:
3 hours of PvP woot.

Excalibur played really well his sorcs. A pleasant surprise. Others very good.

Froz fail, again.. Maybe next time.

GG's everyone. And show us those vids!

Didn't expect to have that much fun really.
With zero experience in PvP and with PvM optimized characters it was still viable so don't be afraid to give it a shot everyone!

Loved the 2v2 where you could also combine your buffs with your teamate! Can't imagine what crazy combinations can come through 3v3 and 4v4 if players start building PvP characters. More players can also lead to more options like 2v2v2!

My only concern is that I am planning at some point to move everything to D2R.
I have already moved my Enigma (and Infinity but that's pointless for pvp) to D2R.

I can make Enigmas and some other runewords whoever might need
You could keep few characters for PvP, it is easy to level up new ones. Everything else we can help with character creation that won't need strong charms to be competitive

Attachments

• Runes report.png
    Runes report.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Haha
Reactions: Excalibur
Glad you guys had good times. My keyboard died and replacements are kinda iffy. Either old IMB from 1985 or some new stuff that I can't for the life of me figure drivers and setups so some of my keys don't work at all. Also some other tech problems later down the line. Will try to sort stuff out for other games. Also will try to figure out hosting myself. I have optic connection and host should be pretty good. Didn't think there would be so much interest in PvP so I didn't bother hosting setups in ages.

@Excalibur Nice to hear you had fun. PvP is in general all about having fun and i think majority of people just don't see that. And with pvp not existing for years I'm pretty sure we're all roughly the same skill wise. As far as D2R is concerned, you could probably make some dedicated pvp characters in 1.14d. We pooled runes for Enigma on more than one occasion, don't think it would be hard to do it again. There are characters that work extremely well on a *budget* setups, like Bone necromancer for example.

With Anya bug and life/resists charms being so hard to get, I think good general practice would be hosting on NM to lessen the constrains of needing to have good set of small charms to cover gaps in resistances, because scs are hardest to get. It's good for new people joining and good for old people who don't have characters ready and geared, like myself.

• Love
Perhaps we can get someone to stream. Honestly it would be pretty embarasing for myself to stream this level of gameplay, ngl.

Yeah, it would be totally inconvenient for someone to stream unless he is a godlike player to show the world his might!

Anyway I'm gonna play with a few characters, I'll list them so you can recognize your inevitable doom in time

Vegeta - typical WW barb with either Arreat's or BerBer CoA. He is merciless and won't hesitate to use Wisp Projector. He is coming for you... you can't hide...

Ramona - assassin hybrid with Lightning Sentry and WW. She has 50% DR on default and has an option to use Oak ring. You can use Wisp against her and have in mind her WW hits quite hard. She's not afraid of anyone, although barbs are tough to beat.

Sinn - ghost, strongest WW version of assassin. 50% DR, high clawblock. If you are playing a caster, run and don't get stomped because... because. Keep your distance and let her come to you, one mistake can decide your fate. If you are a barb, then she is probably dead.

Odiseuss - max block windy. He will try to stomp you and kill you fast. Expect unexpected stomps, he might go after you even in a trap field, he might stomp you even if you have a barb. Be patient against him.

Fisto - pure hammer with charge/smite option. He is a pure soul who fights against good for the evil and... wait, what? Anyway. Around 1.4k hammer damage, doable match for anyone except barbs and maybe ghosts. Just don't provoke him as a bowazon because he might get angry and charge/smite you down instead.

Windu - hammer/charge/smite hybrid. There is nothing you can do apart from playing it smart and wait for his mistakes. He can charge you to death if you have no block, eats bowazons for breakfasts, wind druids are just a minor inconvenience and barbs sign a peaceful treaty on sight.

Shenron - zealot. You have never faced zealot and it's best you never do. Block helps, casters who keep distance can beat him, but have in mind his charge and zeal hit like a ton of bricks

Playboy_Bunny - team player barb who leaps you to death. Literally. I'm not joking.

Last edited:
@DaveWThe2nd I’m not setup for streaming, I will have to investigate that. What would be really amazing would be if we could somehow stream the same game from different people so you can compare the perspective.

But I did record some, I will edit it in the week.

@Excalibur 4x4 is awesome, but chaotic. 2v2v2 is also pretty mad. Moar players needed!

• Love
Depends on the build. I have almost all my characters at 95, but 92 is fairly easy to achieve. Just use respecs and power level as a Javazon / Trapper / Blizzsorc / Hammerdin etc.

Reactions: d2lover
Level is kinda important only if you have characters that require attack rating for hit checks because it calculates lvl differences between players and monster or player and player. Something like barb. Levels are useful but they won't make or break your build. Firesorc for example maxes out her skills at level 75 I think and with rest of the skillpoints you have to think what you want to do (ES, secondary attack, cold armors etc).
Something like bone necro maxes out at 92-95 depending on what optional skills you want to invest in, but if you for example have level 88 necro, with standard ffa setup, your bone spirit damage would drop from 703 to 667, so it's really not that important.

Reactions: d2lover
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High