Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

3ish hours in. Been frying up hamburger in the cow level with the fissure druid. Really quite a fun character there! Think I'm gonna play all characters I've not played before for this tourney, fissure cows, nova arcane, and pnova trav are planned. But we shall see! When I drop sur and jah this afternoon and finish the rwg, I'll have to consider doing mf runs :cool:.

I decided to start farming the Durance Council before Mephisto on some runs. Once I reach 10 hours between LK and Meph/Council, I think I'll spend the rest of my time in lvl85 areas!

Meph dropped a shiny non-qualifier towards the end of my runs last night.
21 Maras - Hell Meph.png

Last edited:
2:54:17 of LK completed, and oh what finds. Fate sure has a sense of humour, I will say that much.

Another 45 mins of AT runs with my new laptop. Now I am down to 80 seconds per run. Not like my D2L toon with sub 60 seconds runs, but hey! It's tier 4 instead of tier 1 gear!

Also did some Pindle runs @p1, averaging 22 seconds in D2R. Seems ok. Maybe I should stick to Pindle for a while?

Some rare Thunder Mauls, Myrmidon Greaves and the like, but unfortunately not much in the sense of qualifiers.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Pax1990
Way faster then me, i think im at around 2 minutes per run for AT, but my maps not the best and i am probably killing too much trash. Fun regardless, im just over the 8 hour mark, nothing crazy so far but lots of low level grailers and i found two different Skins of the Vipermagi along with a decent War Travelers so cant complain too much. i think im going to stick it out with AT for the full twenty hours just to see how it goes.

Gonna put in a hour or two now and see if my luck improves. Good luck all!

Reactions: Grisu and Luhkoh
Now 7:06 in, cows are still keeping their valuable treasures somewhere... anyway!

Second Cow's war hat of the cow runs relay... 2 more def, now 127, 1 off from perfect #Improvement
ZtlMZFEl.jpg

Also... a curiosity... 2 mods rare jewel oO
Code:
Bitter Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0xd1b2ef96
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+4 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +17%
Two prefixes rolled it seems. Weird!

• Wow
Reactions: Swamigoon and Grisu
Shoot, I forgot all about this! Hope you don't mind a late signup :)
No clue what I'll run or who I'll run it with but I am happy to participate.

--------------------------------
ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
Mulligan
Kartongen
SevenArkZ
--------------------------------

Reactions: ffs and Luhkoh
Shoot, I forgot all about this! Hope you don't mind a late signup :)
Late signups are always welcome! GL HF!

@Luhkoh Fissure Druid for cows is fun indeed and quite strong. You going 99 or 163 FCR?

Depending on progress with the S&Us I'm looking for, I might go for some cow runs as well and leaning towards Fissure as my go-to HC cow runner in general. Should be a reasonably safe option with high life & oak. I also made Phoenix in HC recently, although I'm still not sure I want to run HC cows without Stormshield. :D But overall I got lucky with some nice drops for him, spoiled for choice even with a +5 Fissure Pelt and 2x Ravenlore all dropping early when starting out HC farming...

@ffs just 99. Too huge a fan of phoenix 😅. Haha yeah he's quite comfy but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't died a couple of times already. He'd probably be immortal if you just never played with amp. But ofc @Pb_pal seems to do fine with phoenix. I'm a huge block fan though for hc, so I'd be too big a baby play him without storm. Here's my idea for a hc cow runner. Max block blizz sorc with stormshield and 1 pt ES. I feel like she would be near immortal there.

I’m a bit over 8h in. I just hit 87 from P1 Pindle runs, now I’m back to LK for a while.

Just dropping in to say I enjoy this sooo much. Its so exciting and fun to grind in a setting like this!
5 hours in farming cs. Sadly due to bug that identifying an item resets the run counter I cant tell how many runs I have done.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@ffs just 99. Too huge a fan of phoenix 😅. Haha yeah he's quite comfy but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't died a couple of times already. He'd probably be immortal if you just never played with amp. But ofc @Pb_pal seems to do fine with phoenix. I'm a huge block fan though for hc, so I'd be too big a baby play him without storm. Here's my idea for a hc cow runner. Max block blizz sorc with stormshield and 1 pt ES. I feel like she would be near immortal there.
I'm not a fan of block even in HC, don't like having a lower HP bulb and rolling the dice on block %. But I still like Stormshield for the massive %PDR, at least for characters that tend to be squishy otherwise. Druid is sort of a borderline case, although running cows with something like 4-5k life with Oak could be just fine with Phoenix.

Reactions: Grisu and Luhkoh
@Luhkoh is correct, I love Phoenix on a Fissure Druid. It may not be the fastest option, but it's my 100% recommendation for Fissure Druids running cows. I also prefer high Vit over block in HC.

Also, I haven't been able to start yet. Hopeful to get some time to run soon!

GOGOGOGO everyone, great job so far!

Reactions: ffs and Luhkoh
Almost six hours run so far. No qualifiers yet with the blizzard sorceress in AT, nor the orb sorceress in LK, nor the lightning fury amazon in the cow ranch.

However, I do have 5 qualifiers now, and all 5 were discovered by my new Trang-Oul necromancer in the Pit. He cannot teleport, but his Black Marsh waypoint is right beside the entrance to Tamoe Highlands, and his run/walk speed (I should say "float" speed, since he's a vampire) gets him into the Pit quickly.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High