Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

Considering I only have an untwinked summoner necro to play with I am not expecting to be very competitive this go around,
Well, at least someone is crazy enough to try something even worse than I do xD
Are loading times an issue too or is it only because of the build that you chose to combine many different targets in one run?

I managed to push my untwinked Blizzy to Hell Diablo with 0 ResAll and 800 life. I consider this an auto win in the HC department of this tournament. If my new laptops arrives in time, I will probably do lots of Pindle runs. If not, I will probably do something like @Friiser to balance loading times, safety, upgrading gear and getting XP. Sounds like the perfect plan to get stomped xD

fCDgO1zl.jpg

Vrrrrmm.... vrrrrmmm...

Been playing online. Time to return to /p7, static maps with handy dandy GoMule...

--------------------------------
ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
-------------------------------

Reactions: ffs
Have Mal runes in 1.07 some good score?

Might as well do it, since I play 1.07 until I hit 99 with 9 chars total (or only lvl the paladin to ~89 and the rest 99)
All scores are identical whichever the version played this time, which is bad for run(e)s in early versions. Don't know if there's a way to rack high unique scorer tho...

Reactions: d2lover
Worked late all week so spending some time trying to roll a better AT map before i start my set, wanted to do it yesterday but was whooped. Not going to get super picky but trying to find something i can get in a decent pattern with that has a good amount of spawns. Anyways was just looking through a map and had this pop. Little pre-tourney find, good luck all!

xqtmfXf.png

Reactions: Grisu and ffs
Joining in with my blizz sorc and AT running, probably eventually I will switch to strafezon and pits.

ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
Mulligan

Last edited:
Reactions: ffs
Got my first hour of running in...33 AT runs @p1. That is averaging 109 seconds per runs...probably 1/3 of it is loading screens. I even started running to the Act II WP because it was faster than switching to Act I and taking the WP there.

But I got 5 qualifiers already! I wonder what can go wrong now?

Screenshot030.png
Crappy gear with crappy resists maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: Aldo
I also just finished my first hour. Farming cs with my untwinked paladin. Runs take about 1:40 each.
Only 2 decent qualifiers so far.
I got 3 unique rings in a row from diablo. One of them was a bk o_O Another grailer but no points for the tournament.
I also crafted a plain pk sk! 3rd one now. Super happy about this!

I’m about an hour and half in @ P8 CS, 45-60s per run depending on how many boss packs near seals and how low gold is. I honestly haven’t played much at all in the last 2 weeks. Nearing 50% so a full set would push me over 97 for sure without any deaths. 3 qualifiers so far but I’m only running 64% MF.

Reactions: Friiser
First relay!
3 hours in total.
Rich (BB code):
Last run: 188
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relays on run
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    1         93
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      0          -
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   0          -
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   0          -

First 3 hours in. More than expected but Mrs. Kruemelmonschda was meeting some friends so it was me and Mr. Pindle then. Meeting times were about 26.5s. Not that many pointers, but i was excited about this charm which was immediately put into use:
Rich (BB code):
Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x668dc97
Item Level: 86
Version: Resurrected
All Resistances +3
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
In addition i found one plain Cold Skiller and these two rings which i quite like. One for the low reqlvl and the other for the stats. Oh, the second one was gambled not found. But Pindle gave me the gold for that. :)
Rich (BB code):
Bone Knot
Ring
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x7c6b7540
Item Level: 86
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Energy
+20 to Mana
Cold Resist +19%
Poison Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 1

Blood Loop
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x24e10a17
Item Level: 91
+10% Faster Cast Rate
6% Mana stolen per hit
+6 to Life
Lightning Resist +21%
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +14%

Nice going everyone!

It's been a real struggle for me to get a decent Pit map on my HC Barb in D2R. Easily some 12-15h of map rolling over the last 1-2 months with nothing good showing up. But luckily I now finally got something worthwhile just in time for the tournament. It's 5 tiles and has one pocket to check, but only 2 directions to teleport and good density in both Pit levels.

Started P1 Pit Singer runs today, 2 hours done so far. 105 FCR Beast setup with 505 MF and 56% hork. As mentioned earlier, personally I'm mostly hoping for certain S&Us in HC. The wish list is topped by Griswold's shield to finish the HC set sept and start farming torches, otherwise still looking for HC versions of the magical "S&U trifecta" of Griffon's, DFathom and DWeb.

Run times are worse than D2L as expected in D2R with those loading times, averaging around 70-75 seconds. Roughly 20-25% worse than what I had similar chars on similar maps in D2L. :/

Good non-qualifiers:

Screenshot129.pngScreenshot127.pngScreenshot125.pngScreenshot121.png

@ffs thanks got it edited now😅!

I've got 4 hours in so far doing LK then a bit of Hell Meph. Made it to 92 with Storm the Blizz Sorc. I was averaging around 50 seconds a run for /p8 LK and /p3 Meph takes about the same. I made CtA after leaving LK to re-roll my map for Hell Meph. I was expecting a low bo roll and got a 6/6/2 instead!

Call to Arms
Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - 84
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x9beda54f
Item Level: 88
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
251% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+6 to Battle Command
+6 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

I'll probably finish my set with Meph and the Ancient Tunnels!

My favorite non-qualifier so far came from Meph about an hour ago!
BKWB - Hell Mephisto.png

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High