Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

Well, at least someone is crazy enough to try something even worse than I do xD
Are loading times an issue too or is it only because of the build that you chose to combine many different targets in one run?

I managed to push my untwinked Blizzy to Hell Diablo with 0 ResAll and 800 life. I consider this an auto win in the HC department of this tournament. If my new laptops arrives in time, I will probably do lots of Pindle runs. If not, I will probably do something like @Friiser to balance loading times, safety, upgrading gear and getting XP. Sounds like the perfect plan to get stomped xD
I do have long loading times, both for my computer (built in 2014, GTX 960), and with my necro visiting Pindle's garden to raise his army every run, lol. It's by choice as the necro is by far my favorite character to play, but the trade off is efficiency. Plus, I like to go all over the place and the necro is great for that. Not super fast at any target, but can take care of *almost* anything that comes his way.

I was happy to hear that Blizzard *fixed* the summons such that they teleport to the character when out of range (can't remember the exact wording on Patch 2.3), but I've already lost one of my Insight iron golems post-patch (frustrating !#$@*), so a word of warning to any others out there that fix may have only made a trapsin get teleporting traps and haven't really solved the iron golem vanishing issue.

Edit: Beginning my 20 hour set now!

Last edited:
So far I managed 1:15 h playing time over the weekend, resulting in 150 Pindle runs at players 3. Unfortunately no qualifier yet.

Any suggestions for an untwinked lvl 91 Furyzon? My idea is to level to 93 at Pindle and then run LK. However I would like to have one alternative target that makes sense without Enigma/Infinity. The obvious would be cows, but I just don't like that area that much.

Happy running everyone!

Last edited:
@Irenicus P5/P7 Pit runs are another good target for a Java running in this type of format. Maybe more to your liking than cows? Less runes, more S&Us… but not that easy to gear for both MF and killing power.

Last edited:
Prepare to be underwhelmed as the least efficient runner enters the race. I don't think I will be able to finish the full 20h, but will grind away as much as possible. We just extrapolate my score to what the 20 h equivalent would be, right?

List of dream drops:
Jah
2x wisp projector (or 10 G gold and lvl 89 on sorc)
(Math: 50 000 [ring cost] * 0,85 [Edge discount] * 2000 [unique chance] * 59 [Change unique ring is wisp projector] * 2 [# of wisps needed])

I assume my best bet would be Trav, but I have neither night wing veil or deaths phatom. So with my item constraints I will likely run LK and pindle. (Running 1.14, so no auto pickup 😭 )

--------------------------------

ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
Mulligan
Kartongen
--------------------------------

1:25:05 in the bank. I have installed the new run counter, and can now see how bad my times really are. I mean, I knew they were bad, but wow. 1:18 avarage for LK runs, and that includes a few accidental aborts (i.e. actual average is higher).

What I lack in efficiency (and potentially set size) I am hoping to compensate with pure RNG.

2:30 hours in total. Managed to cut down my run times to 94 seconds thanks to Harmony and the fact that I started to move to the WP in Act II as soon as the loading screen appears. It is difficult to navigate Lut Gholein blindly and sometimes I get stuck, but it is much faster now :)

Only 2 more qualifiers though.

Man, it is dangerous sometimes. I really need some 40% res all from somewhere...adding Ravenfrost over Nagelring at least lets me survive those CE monsters...🥶

@Kartongen: Which run counter do you use?

No qualifier there, but still popping surprise:
8gkabGQl.jpg

Third relay!
Already oO 4:21:10 in total. I should have set the X a little bit higher I guess...
Rich (BB code):
Last run: 278
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relays on run
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    1         93
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      1        244
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   1        278
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   0          -

Oh, and beside it... there has been another non-qualifier found...
rUO5kisl.jpg

Reactions: Swamigoon
No qualifiers yet, but after a dozen runs I heard a loud clanging noise.
I2l92.png

Reactions: Friiser
@Pax1990 congrats to you too, but please delete the screenshot...

Please do not post any screenshots/other spoilers about qualifiers for the duration of the tournament (anywhere on these forums). You are most welcome and encouraged to post them in the results thread of course!

Everyone please follow the rules -- no information on qualifers during the tourney! :)

Alright. Time to investigate... probably not a rune - except for a Zod for the points, but when taking into account the usability...meh...

So I'll put a bet on a top unique. There's some activity around DFathom, so why not...but I wouldn't go on that. Either Mang song or DWeb would have my preference - especially the latter with some good minus poison res.

Looking forward to your results, it will be for sure in your top 5 ;-)

Congrats I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: Pax1990
Just to make sure, @ffs: Are we allowed to give some general information like - "only 2 qualifiers in 10 hours - boohoo! 😢" or is that discouraged, too?

My new laptop (well, my replacement for my new laptop that was broken) will arrive in 10 mins, so I'll start running again soon :)

Keep those Zods coming!!!

Just to make sure, @ffs: Are we allowed to give some general information like - "only 2 qualifiers in 10 hours - boohoo! 😢" or is that discouraged, too?
You're absolutely free to do all that!

Complain, brag, tease and trash talk and say things like "OMG I found something amazing I'll place 1st no doubt". ;)

Basically everything that's vague enough and doesn't allow specific conclusions such as screenshots/readouts or point values.

All tournaments around here have that rule actually, the idea is just to keep the tension and curiosity, and most importantly to the motivation to do the runs! Otherwise say if you're in it for the fame, and then know someone found 5x Tyrael's, you may lose motivation and stop running... which is of course unacceptable! :)

My new laptop (well, my replacement for my new laptop that was broken) will arrive in 10 mins, so I'll start running again soon :)
Good to hear it! I've been struggling with loading times as well, but that's D2R life. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High