Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

OK, thanks! So basically I can show items as long as there is no way to identify an illegal mod in my screenshots?

No, you cannot post about any character that used that mod or used an item found by a character using it, or farmed by a character that used such an item, etc... it’s pretty strict but yeah, it’s enforced (to the extent possible) for the sake of a level playing field.. it’s explained in the rules in detail.

Generally people who used that mod are encouraged to join us with a fresh restart. Best way to do that: Join the untwinked 99er challenge! :)

Call me on what? Enlighten me instead... it sounds like I did something wrong.

First post in 12 years and the welcome is some cryptic messages...!
You're right, sorry about that. :) As ffs already pointed out, this is basically a mod-less single-player subforum; in the rules you can skim/search for mod-related rules. There are certain programs allowed (ATMA / GoMule) that will nullify any stash-space issues.

Call me on what? Enlighten me instead... it sounds like I did something wrong.

First post in 12 years and the welcome is some cryptic messages...!

You're right, that was not helpful. My apologies, I have since edited the post.

I don't think I posted these.

One of the better pair of boots I've found:
View attachment 14605
Well, War Travs are there when it comes to magic finding, and some other build would possibly rather have tri-res ones with LR on them. Still, pretty to look at, aren't they? Perfect for your Andy running Sorc, heh :p

Very nice. The PR being LR would have made them even better. Except for Andy of course ;).

With respect to resists, these boots combine nicely with a Stormshield. Users of that shield often use Gore Rider or War Traveller, however.

The rule about keeping rare boots is one of the simplest: Keep them if better than Natalya's or Aldur's.

@Babyhell interesting stuff in that regard. I talked to a guy on discord who had tested this by messing with tc file. The answer is no. If you find a templar's, and then in same game go find another unique sacred armor, there is an 8/9 chance it will be a triple durability rare (failed templars). Might be common knowledge here not sure. But so that 1.00 soj trick is not how it works in modern patches, and finding 1 unique doesn't influence chance of finding the other.

That's one screenie I'm still hoping to see one day... double unique SA drop. So, now you are all aware of what I'm expecting of you, b/c I already know it won't be me :p

@Babyhell interesting stuff in that regard. I talked to a guy on discord who had tested this by messing with tc file. The answer is no. If you find a templar's, and then in same game go find another unique sacred armor, there is an 8/9 chance it will be a triple durability rare (failed templars). Might be common knowledge here not sure. But so that 1.00 soj trick is not how it works in modern patches, and finding 1 unique doesn't influence chance of finding the other.
Damn! I double-checked hoping he had made a mistake, but the guy's correct. :< I suppose if it was possible to get Tyreal's Might that way, everyone would've known it by now. Shame though, would've been nice. :p

Damn! I double-checked hoping he had made a mistake, but the guy's correct. :< I suppose if it was possible to get Tyreal's Might that way, everyone would've known it by now. Shame though, would've been nice. :p

If that was the case you still would have to be super lucky to get a unique SA from Pindle and then to roll another one somewhere else. After all the hard part about all uniques is rolling the base + rolling unique. The 1 to whatever chance of double uniques is rather insignificant (except for rings and amulets), it's just that we keep track of all double uniques that rolled the one we didn't want whereas nobody keeps track of all the items that didn't roll the right base or rolled the right base but didn't become unique.

I was doing some "imbue runs" the other day, mainly Diadems. Imbue runs meaning here, that I simply put twinking items on a lvl 1 Barb and ran to the Monastery as fast as I could while getting the needed 8 levels for the quest.

High qlv armory can get almost all affixes (I think) despite the low level of the character. This is also why I would never "waste" Diadems/other cirlet types for imbuing with high level characters. Much more to gain imbuing staff modded items (i.e orbs and claws) with those.

Well, anyway, anyone around here with higher defense boots?
View attachment 14616

Code:
Shadow Spur
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 321
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 198
Fingerprint: 0x58aa76ef
Item Level: 12
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+198% Enhanced Defense