Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

After an hour of occasionally grabbing a new pack and teleporting in until they died, then doing clay golem/merc with fire and poison potions being launched and repeating over and over, he died finally lol. Each session of Merc/Clay Golem/Me vs Diablo, lasted about 3-5 seconds before I was running back to town to rehire Merc and to recoup. If I wouldn't have had tons of gold saved up, this might have gone on for 5 more hours.

And as a nice kick in the crotch to go with it, he dropped me this for my Necromancer....
g0SNh6P.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty nice outside of maybe a couple mods could have been better. But of course it is Druid and not Necro lol. He did drop Eye of Etlich though. I guess I can go between that and my 3x MF/Psn Resist Amulet.

After an hour of occasionally grabbing a new pack and teleporting in until they died, then doing clay golem/merc with fire and poison potions being launched and repeating over and over, he died finally lol. Each session of Merc/Clay Golem/Me vs Diablo, lasted about 3-5 seconds before I was running back to town to rehire Merc and to recoup. If I wouldn't have had tons of gold saved up, this might have gone on for 5 more hours.

And as a nice kick in the crotch to go with it, he dropped me this for my Necromancer....
g0SNh6P.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty nice outside of maybe a couple mods could have been better. But of course it is Druid and not Necro lol. He did drop Eye of Etlich though. I guess I can go between that and my 3x MF/Psn Resist Amulet.

We need to talk about the organization of your inventory. Also, I've never seen a necro with a staff before.

Well, I entered the Untwinked 99er thread with a character that died the very next day while farming NM Pindle. So that was nice.

Honestly I don't mind very much. Something felt... off, about the character. I don't know what.

I am definitely re-entering, but I think this time I'll pick a class that doesn't have a HC 99 yet. (In the thread, at least.)

We need to talk about the organization of your inventory. Also, I've never seen a necro with a staff before.

I attempted it without putting all my charms back in that I took out to clear room for tons of pots. None of them really help me much, as I am just the supervisor of a bunch of workers who don't listen. When I'm speed throwing pots around, I don't pay much mind to where they and the items I may switch to or just found to sell or keep are located. Don't care much at this point in the game. My characters that are practically finished, have strict direction in the looks department.

The staff is a staff with teleport charges, which become available very early in Normal.. I think Act 2, but might be Act 3... I forgot already. But the purpose is to teleport through the long running parts and in this case, to teleport my Clay Golum, Mercenary and if a Skellly or two happened to make it past D's first fire ring shot. Getting them in close enough can buy them some time while I amp/decrep and lob potions on him. I typically keep the staff on weapon switch throughout a big chunk of the beginning game. It drops a few summons when I weapon switch, but I can cut something like the Catacombs or Durance of Hate, into a small percentage of the amount of time it would take walking around walls the whole time. You should buy them on any character ASAP on play throughs of the game.

Reactions: hackedagainanda
I attempted it without putting all my charms back in that I took out to clear room for tons of pots. None of them really help me much, as I am just the supervisor of a bunch of workers who don't listen. When I'm speed throwing pots around, I don't pay much mind to where they and the items I may switch to or just found to sell or keep are located. Don't care much at this point in the game. My characters that are practically finished, have strict direction in the looks department.

The staff is a staff with teleport charges, which become available very early in Normal.. I think Act 2, but might be Act 3... I forgot already. But the purpose is to teleport through the long running parts and in this case, to teleport my Clay Golum, Mercenary and if a Skellly or two happened to make it past D's first fire ring shot. Getting them in close enough can buy them some time while I amp/decrep and lob potions on him. I typically keep the staff on weapon switch throughout a big chunk of the beginning game. It drops a few summons when I weapon switch, but I can cut something like the Catacombs or Durance of Hate, into a small percentage of the amount of time it would take walking around walls the whole time. You should buy them on any character ASAP on play throughs of the game.

I prefer full clears on my characters but if I'm in a hurry I'll keep that in mind. I was just giving you a hard time.

Reactions: Jamie
@hackedagainanda lol I know. I like to do full or as close to full clears as well. But I like the staff if I need to get out of trouble, move my merc and/or summons around and use it if I decide I want to go back and do Andy, Meph or other runs to get a little better gear. My summons on this Necro seem to like to break off into two teams a little too often lol. Also nice in tight areas where only one skeleton can hit the monsters and you don't have to wait for 10 minutes, instead you can telestomp the pack. It definitely has a lot more perks on a Summoner than most characters though.

Last edited:
I missed the timing on this, but for future reference, I would suggest just staying on Decrep for Act Bosses, rather than switching curses... the Slow Target from that, plus Gumby usually bork the AI quite nicely.

Unless you have Hit Slows Target on your merc, then that usually does as much, feeing curse

Reactions: Jamie and Luhkoh
In the last week or so (i assume after a windows update), I started getting like a 3 second freeze when i take a screenshot in the game. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

It works fine after it unfreezes, but obviously annoying, and also concerning because usually im taking a screen shot when something good has dropped, so the freeze always makes me scared the game will crash 😅.

Reactions: maareek
@Pb_pal lol just tried it, and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!! Had like 220 ss's in there, which I don't remember being a problem in the past, but whatever, were back to running smoothly ^^.

Reactions: maareek and Pb_pal
Just asking, I tried to google pictures, but no avail..

Can diadems spawn damaged/cracked/low quality? I've yet to see one🤔

When an Elite item fails all quality tests (Unique, Set, Rare, Magic, Superior) it tests for normal quality last. Now the weird thing is that usually it should have a 1 in rarity-[(mlvl-qlvl)/div] chance to become normal. But rarity=div=1 for elite items and normal quality. So unless something strange is happening there should be no low quality elite items.

That being said I heard about people upgrading low quality elite enigma bases to get 3os from Larzuk. So I'm not entirely sure. This is not usually something that occurs, the rarity tends to be bigger than the term that is substracted from it. One thing that might happen is that mlvl-qlvl becomes negative and the game somehow fails to set it to 0 and so you get a positive chance at failing the normal test.

But that is speculation. I'd like to see a low quality elite now :D

I missed the timing on this, but for future reference, I would suggest just staying on Decrep for Act Bosses, rather than switching curses... the Slow Target from that, plus Gumby usually bork the AI quite nicely.

Unless you have Hit Slows Target on your merc, then that usually does as much, feeing curse

Yeah, I use amp most places, but the bosses really need decrep+clay golem to not whipe out the minions in two seconds. Of course D can do it regardless of a curse, but still needed Decrep to get as many Merc shots and potion tosses in as I could before I had to revive him again lol. I tried the IM technique as I hadn't done it before, but on P8 it did next to nothing. Just a long, tedious process of chipping away, spending all my gold and occasionally getting a big army and trying to telestomp him and hope he doesn't ring of fire too quickly.

Hopefully I can teleport in a way to avoid Baal causing the same problems with his wave attack, but I guess I'll find out. It's been so long since I've made a Summon Necro and I think it was online where I didn't have to rely on only my army versus P8 bosses. Hopefully I can get some Crushing Blow by the time I get to Baal.

I found baal much easier, as you should have revive by then and can take some ulduar clubbers with you to face him.

Reactions: Jamie
I found baal much easier, as you should have revive by then and can take some ulduar clubbers with you to face him.

I had a Revive that allowed me to have 2 of them at that point, but they died immediately with all of the skeletons usually. Only my Merc and occasionally one to a few skeletons could make it. Then it came down to how fast and efficiently I could keep Clay Golem respawning after one or two hit KOs, while trying to spam throwing potions as well, before Diablo took my Merc down.. 90%+ of my damage.

What is it about the Ulduar Clubbers that will make facing Baal much easier than the situation I was having with Diablo? Outside of the obvious fire ring that 1 hit ko'd nearly all my peoples and the constant casting of fire ring, hose and firestorm that melted everything I have? I realize Baal doesn't spam spells so often when in close proximity, so maybe if I use teleport to stay on top of him he won't instantly take my army out.

Do the Ulduar Clubbers do something special? Also how many points do you put into Revive and what would you expect me to have by Normal Baal? I did a little digging around and noticed that maxing out skeletons/masteries/a lot to max mages and maybe a decent amount of CE, while using Amp, Decrep, Bone Armor was the way to go. A lot of people/guides were mentioning only adding 1 to Revive. Although I noticed some preferred a decent amount or even max Revive.

Sorry long, interested in hearing the reasoning of all of this. Definitely think Baal will be a lot easier thaan Diablo.

Also Sorry, I wrote the next bottom two paragraphs first. Then I realized I wanted to speak of a few other things with you before that. Like the revives you brought up. You can ignore after this if you want lol. Or ignore it all loll

So I did have Revive, with my setup now I can have 3 of them. I had 2 at Diablo, but they insta died like almost everything. A few trips I got lucky and a few skeletons survived the ring of fire and was able to get him to focus on his physical attacks only for a moment while my Merc, golem(that whopping Clay Golem damage lol), one to a few skeletons and poison or fire bombs on him. Not sure why sometimes one or two or three would make it through the first Diablo ring of fire. Maybe the numbers were that close to being a life or death situation based off of each individual calculation, though definitely favoring the higher damage/death end of the spectrum.

I am happy to hear that Baal will be much easier. I figured it'd be somewhat easier without the ring of fire. hose and firestorm that he casts like a maniac. Whereas Baal will do a lot of physical attacks when up in his face. Not sure how fast his mana draining attack and wave, will melt my summons by the time I get to him.

@Jamie the Ulduars have a crushing blow hit, which makes getting the bosses' hp down a good bit faster. Summoning necros running uber Trav using an army of revived urduars is pretty efficient.
I wouldn't put any points into skelly mages, because they are a lot weaker than regular skellies and require a different curse (LR vs amp). The main difference on baal vs diablo is that you should have much beefier skellies. Those extra 5-6 levels make a big difference, they get very tanky the higher lvl they get.
You can sort of bug Baal around a corner so he will mainly spam his tentacles if you want, but it's not really needed.

I have one hard point in summon resist. I'll have to check all the exact points when I get home. I put enough in to mages to have 4 of them. I know they get very weak over time, but it helped in tight spots and to get more spread out damage. I know I had 9 skeletons going into D and I think I still do. I believe my last point got me to 9 and then I have a few on the mastery, one on resist and I used up points on golem to get the iron one because I wanted to try out the item thing. Also amp, decrep and CE have one hard point.

I'm sure some of those were wasted, I don't know. But I know I have one respec and a second soon, so I'm not going for a perfect final build at this point. Just kind of testing things out.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High