Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Was wondering why CE had an extra level on my Bonemancer. Turns out it was thanks to Magefist gloves +1 fireskills. I knew that CE was 50% physical and 50% fire but had kind of forgotten it. This got me thinking of facets and CE. Do both -enemy resists and +firedamage from facets work with CE?

as per ab wiki,

"Considered a Fire Skill, but +% Fire Skill Damage from items and Fire Mastery does not apply to its fire damage"

since conviction affects CE, I assume the -resists portion works (need confirmation though)

Reactions: SirName
Good question! The AB wiki says no to +% Fire Skill Damage but doesn't mention the -% Enemy Fire Resistance. Googling a bit yields that -% Enemy Fire Resistance works.

It's not very effective though. The amount of CEs it takes to kill the entire screen is not going to decrease from one facet, Infinity is the better solution by far.

EDIT: I shouldn't start doing something else while answering :rolleyes:

Also conviction is different than the effect of a fire facet. It changes the resists of a monster for every attack whereas -% Fire Resistance does so only for the wearer and the attacks he does that are affected by it.

I've been using Flavie report to keep track of my grail list but something seems to be wrong. It seems to only pick up items once I put them in the stash and click to update the report; which is fine. However when I go to a character who has 3 skill charms that is not registered in its list and drop them into the stash it recognizes them, even after I put them back on the character. But now today its back to saying 0 for any skill charms of that kind and I had to repeat the process.

People...

I'm not going crazy right? This map has no waypoint?

D2 Misc 20200508 Missing Glacial Trail WP.png

Warm and humid night weather is really getting to me. Searching for this WP is irritating me further.. 😅

I'm considering getting a second copy of Diablo II, more specifically a older physical copy so that I can install 1.07. Anyone know if I'd need a second PC for it?
When I buy a used copy do you get their old code or is it email bound?

I'm considering getting a second copy of Diablo II, more specifically a older physical copy so that I can install 1.07. Anyone know if I'd need a second PC for it?
When I buy a used copy do you get their old code or is it email bound?

Have not time travelled but as no one else has yet reacted, have a look here SPF Community and links. No direct how-to guide but something to start with. Links for the version shifter and all patches are in the same thread. Before you start fiddling be sure to back up characters (and also maybe your entire D2 folder).

The codes for the old copies (D2 & LOD) should be on the disk cases but you can reuse the codes you already have. The old copy codes will probably be locked for battle.net use but work for single player.

Reactions: McGruber08
D2DC. how did you make those bugged gloves?

Attachments

• Harpoonist's charm of Inertia.jpg
    Harpoonist's charm of Inertia.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Trap skiller, with life.jpg
    Trap skiller, with life.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: D2DC
Nice charms @McGruber08. ;)

Those are 1.07 crafts. 1.07 crafts can get magic only affixes, hence the +3 tree. But, the blood craft is bugged, and you can get over 20% LL. However, there is another bug where if it spawns a Mana Leech affix, it somehow "consumes" the +LL mod, resulting in up to +9% ML (not 100% sure about this). Now, what would really be interesting is if it "double bugged", and you spawned +LL% affix, and it bugs out with 20+ LL, and it also spawns +ML% affix, resulting in 20+ mana leech gloves.. :oops:

AFAIK, nobody has ever seen a 20+ ML craft though.

Reactions: McGruber08
I really need 1.07 ! In limited space though till next summer.

I can't see the picture anymore, link is broken. Very nice though!

How rare is Tomb Reaver? I guess in reference to The Reaper's Toll, or Immortal King or something. Not by numbers but half as likely, type thing. I don't mean an ethereal 2-3 socket one, but just one in general. Trying to find one.

The calculator says the best chance for a unique to drop it is Bone Scarab @475 mf I would have a 0.0000557... chance of it dropping.
So I guess just doing places like pit and AT runs till I'm about 53 years old?
Any other strategy?

Last edited:
How rare is Tomb Reaver? I guess in reference to The Reaper's Toll, or Immortal King or something. Not by numbers but half as likely, type thing. I don't mean an ethereal 2-3 socket one, but just one in general. Trying to find one.

The calculator says the best chance for a unique to drop it is Bone Scarab @475 mf I would have a 0.0000557... chance of it dropping.
So I guess just doing places like pit and AT runs till I'm about 53 years old?
Any other strategy?
Well, to put in context... I have around 40+ IK Mauls, 14 Reapers (2 Eth) and 8 Tomb Reavers (1 Eth).. So it's not *that* elusive. When the time comes, it'll drop for you as long as you run those L85 areas/Pindle. RNG is a fickle thing.. Plus, you're resigned to having certain "bogey items" in this game.. 😅

Reactions: John Remedy
Well, to put in context... I have around 40+ IK Mauls, 14 Reapers (2 Eth) and 8 Tomb Reavers (1 Eth).. So it's not *that* elusive. When the time comes, it'll drop for you as long as you run those L85 areas/Pindle. RNG is a fickle thing.. Plus, you're resigned to having certain "bogey items" in this game.. 😅

Thanks, that helps put it in to perspective a little :)

I've been trying to find a unique jewel, preferably fire, cold or lightning. I've done countless runs in Meph, AT, Pits.
I looked it up and found threads that are 10+ years old of people asking where to find them.
From what I've read there are four sources; MEPH runs, Hell/Trav, Cows and Chaos Sanctuary.

Diablo runs are something I've done little of but I've done countless Meph runs. One guy said he found 2 facets in 1k runs.
Maybe its just a matter of time. Where did you guys get yours?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High