Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I find hell council drops them pretty regularly, and I'm not alone in this, most runners in round2 of RFL reported finding one or more during their runs this year...

Jewels drop from the same Treasure Class as runes, so ghost type mobs are good for jewels as well...this suggests that Countess' Tower and Arcane Sanctuary might also be good places to look for Facets (nope...see below)

BTW, Chaos Sanctuary runs don't necessarily include big D... the stranglers are ghost types with an increased chance at dropping jewels/runes (as is Grand Visier) so just doing seal runs is probably faster

WoRG

Last edited:
Reactions: McGruber08
Facets have level 85 so they can only be dropped by a monster/chest of lvl at least 85. Nobody in the Tower Cellar/AS can drop facets at all. The realistic sources for facets are Quest Duriel, Duriel, Mephisto, Council, arealvl 82+ unique monsters and arealvl 83+ champions in order from best to worst.

Reactions: WoRG
I've officially not played for so long that all of this sounds completely foreign to me even though I used to craft caster amulets on the regular...I really need to get back into this somehow...

Reactions: PhineasB
In over twelve years of playing, I have never found a unique jewel either.

I'm trying Duriel now. Thanks everyone.

Of course I had to look through all 7 tombs before I found it. But at least I know where it is now.

Is there anyway to turn off that annoying screen shake when he dies?

Maybe its just a matter of time. Where did you guys get yours?
I just checked my Flavie and right now I have 26 facets. So that probably means I've found 40 or so in my D2 career considering what I've given away. Most of those have probably been from the Ancient Tunnels, but that doesn't make AT a good target for facets. Trav runs with around 150 MF are where you'd want to be to push up your facet likelihood significantly and, as long as your runs are fairly efficient, have the best chance for facet and chance to drop other useful item ratio.

To your other point: I've played around 2000 hours of D2, with a large chunk of that spent running targets that could drop facets. They're not as rare as some items in D2, not even close, but they're not green breast plates, either.

I only seem to find poison facets. I don't know who decided you need every possible type to complete the grail (we don't do this for any other unique). I'm sitting just shy of grail -40 and 6 of the remaining items are facets.

Facets are not exceptionally rare for me, running P1 AT most of the time. I have around 50 in my stashes, so I'm kinda riddled by people asking where and how to find them and never having seen one drop. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Luhkoh
I'm one of the "unluckier" ones with facets.. around 30 or so, and mostly fire or poison instead of the more popular cold/lightning.. Trav don't seem agree with me, as my drops are either from questing, pindle or pits.

Facets are not exceptionally rare for me, running P1 AT most of the time. I have around 50 in my stashes, so I'm kinda riddled by people asking where and how to find them and never having seen one drop. 🤷‍♂️
It really depends on what a person spends their D2 time doing. If jiansonz or someone who basically only played single-pass characters said they'd never found a facet, that's not particularly surprising, even if they've played more than me. In a similar way to someone who only does Pit or AT runs saying they haven't found, say, a TC51 unique item isn't particularly surprising.

Reactions: Albatross
I wondered why nobody was responding to me on the old thread of this name. I'm glad I asked. I completely forgot about being informed of something changing. Hello again, peoples. I wondered why a quarantine made another place dead... I hope I'm okay to post this. I don't know the inner workings of what happened and went on a short break and came back in a state of confusion. Site looks very nice!

The more of my 10k LK runs I complete, the more I'm seeing conspiracy theories everywhere! I am having some really weird drops from 'poppables' within a 'starting the client once' period. Almost makes me wonder if there is something other than map seed that could influence this.
So far I've had the following:
- Client started, finding a ton of pul+ runes, including multiple same pattern superchest rolls within 200-300 runs.
- Client started, found a ton (70+) ort runes, a crapload of hels and lems as well as a few dozen monarchs, from 200ish runs.
- Client started, wanted to see what it would do in a longer 500+ run session so left the client open. Got 0 runes pul and above, but a ton of uniques, with one corpse dropping 2 crowns of thieves and the same corpse dropping 2 ginther's rifts. Even for RNG that's crazy.

Yes, yes I know RNG. But it's so strange when you rarely get hels/lems and then you get 30+ of each in 200ish runs. Or the double uniques from the same corpse :-O.
So sad now that I didn't leave my client running while I had the high rune drops lol.

I haven't made a Necromancer in ages upon ages. At least one that I followed through on. Part of it is that DWeb is one of the few items that I have never found since it got introduced. But I enjoy summoner characters and decided to make a Summoner, or at least play through the game as a Summoner and possibly switch to Poison Nova later, or perhaps if Summoner works out keep him or maybe a hybrid.

What I really wanted to ask, was if people get into trouble when they get to Diablo in Normal? I do all my playthroughs on 8 player games, because at this point of playing D2 for over 15 years, even 8 player walkthroughs are pretty easy and I typically can make it through without dying or maybe once at most. But on P8, Diablo just shreds all of the summons to smithereens and leaves me with trying to get aggro on the Clay Golem and letting my Mercenary get a few shots on before he finally gets fire hosed or firestormed. While I'm trying to constantly cast Decrep, I have been firing the collection of the highest poison potions I had amassed throughout each act when I have faced all the bosses so far on him, as it is really the only way I can assist in damage without sacraficing my wand's stats. But Diablo gives me like 3-5 seconds before everything is blown to crap. And my goal is to always never die on a character, but more realistically to at least kill Hell Baal without dying. So I have to be super careful as well, because that hose and storm will eat me up in a half second.

What do Summoner Necromancers typically do at this point? I really don't want to have to waste a respec already and I don't know what I could spec without going completely away from Summoner and then not being what I want to be and having to wait to NM A1 to go back to Summoning. I am level 35. I went back and did some Mephisto runs and found the unique Voulge on the way there. It has 30% Deadly Strike. That might help drop Diablo's life a little faster if he happens to get a few of those shots in, in time. But even then the DS damage probably isn't any better than my old polearm, which isn't that great to begin with.

Even if I accumulate a ton of items from Mephisto, my personal gear isn't going to really change anything. My damage is all done by my summons and mercenary. I could level up more, but I'd need an impossible amount of level growth to not have my summons melt in two seconds.

I've played the P8 Normal Diablo game before, which is often the hardest, or one of the hardest points in the game for me lol. I've ran around with a Bowzon for 30 minutes. I haven't been at this part in awhile, will Diablo's life stay put in Normal or will he regenerate life? I feel like it stays the same, but I'm having a brain fart. I just am wondering if there is some secret here or if I am going to have to accumulate a ton of gold, pull out all the Full Juvies I've been saving and Clay Golem, Decrep or Amp, hope to get Diablo's attention with the next Clay Golem, toss poison or fire potions and when my Merc dies, go revive him and keep doing this for the rest of the night. But that only will work if his life bar stays put, as this is super tedious and there is no way I can keep up the required speed to do this for the amount of time it is going to take lol.

Thanks for any pointers here. Necromancers and Assassins are a tad bit foreign to me. Want to do a blade sin soon. The kicking part seems tricky to me lol.

I did my restart from scratch with a fishymancer last year. Diablo was definitely the hardest, but I recall killing him by decrep + clay golem and shooting him from a distance with a 4 socketed bow containing all the gems from the hellforge.

Reactions: Jamie
Watching youtube, those runners use iron maiden and recasting clay golem to basically let the bosses hit themselves to death. But they mainly play on /p1, so I'm not really sure how /p8 will pan out.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Jamie
Watching youtube, those runners use iron maiden and recasting clay golem to basically let the bosses hit themselves to death. But they mainly play on /p1, so I'm not really sure how /p8 will pan out.

Well I tried that method and that was very futile lol. I'd be out of gold and mana resources before I got him halfway down. I may have to get a pimped out bow and keep casting Clay Golems maybe. I don't know if that will do enough damage though. I hope I can get around this without having to change the build just for D. I haven't got him even near 1/4 down with the two strategies I tried and I just called it because I had nothing else to throw at him lol.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High