Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@Maltatai Yeah, I thought my luck was pretty good there. Then after I used Bloodrise to kill Baal once or twice, he dropped Fleshrender so the upped Bloodrise became very obsolete in a hurry, but I guess the good luck just kept on rolling at that point. Still using the Fleshrender in A3 NM now, and it's still very good. I'd never noticed how many great mods that thing has (CB, DS, OW) - it's like a more directly weaponized Gore Rider.

My first paladin to reach hell wielded that thing, awesome weapon indeed. Hope you find a Pul rune to upgrade it. How will you handle physically immunes?

Has it slowed down on here over the last say.. 4 or 5 months to a year? It feels like I stayed away for awhile and it seems a lot less active. Does this usually happen around these times of the months? I know schooling could be a favtor, but I'm not aware of how many K-12 graders play a game that is older than many of them and I know even college students are somewhat young. So I wasn't sure if my "Summer Break Being Over" theory was accurate.

I know that I always play D2 in cycles, that in my mind are random, and may or may not be, but I don't notice them. At least not outside of the fact that I will stop playing for anywhere for 3 or 4 months, to some that were well over a year. I don't have any explanation for the timing, just becoming bored with the game and one day getting that "craving" I am sure we all have experienced and probably still do.

So is it a trend around here based on the time of year, does it always come in seasonal cycles? Are people like me and decide to quit or take a break at random, or not so random, times? Is it the Holidays?

Or is it not actually slower around here and I am just blind to the activity, have a different mental idea of the activity from the summer and I am a am not very intelligent?? LoL

@Jamie I was wondering it was seasonal as well. Seemed like the place was booming (at least to me) right when I joined around new years, with plenty of new members and crazy high RFL participation. I felt like things were waning a bit by MFO and its been slow since. I thought maybe it was just summer daylight and activities. I'll be interested to see if things pick up speed again in mid winter!

Well it's definitely somewhat seasonal for me - nearly 100% of my vacation time goes to camping trips between April and October, and we also take a lot of weekend trips too. So yeah, I'm hoping to be more active again now that vacation season is over. But then again, life always seems to get busier so who knows...

Well I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination ;) I did help contribute to less participation and conversations though, as I took a several month break and got a new job.

It's weird how, at least for me, I can go from straight up hardcore drug addiction to this game, thinking about the game all day while I am waiting for my duties to be over, so I can play when I get home. Then I will be at a point like I sort of am now, although trying to break out of it, where I just don't have the desire to do massive MF runs or doing any other things. It is a COMPLETE OPPOSITE EFFECT! Strange. If I don't play for a few months, to close to a year, I will get this huge craving to start all over again usually.

I think that maybe a lot of it on this forum, even though this is one of the few forums about anything, anywhere on the web, where people are civil, help each other out and share information that people could hold to keep an advantage on people. The big difference is that a vast majority of us, I assume anyway, started playing on B.Net and I imagine a lot of other people were during the peak times of B.Net, like 1.09 through maybe 1.11. So we don't have that comradery when we play with our buddies that we know from around the nation and world, and our buddies from our hometowns and from school and what not. Beating the game with the limited character types and finding the same elite items over and over, from doing ungodly amounts of runs, can wear stale after several months and then you get your brain calling you back months later.

I wish we had more multiplayer, or LAN I guess we would play, games that we could meet up with each other and do Baal, CS, Cow runs, we could duel each other for fun all of the time and I think it would really pick up the trading scene. As of now, trading seems pretty minimal and large or valuable items never budge. If we met people in games and saw items and were in instant, in game chatting, I believe negotiations and trades could be worked out better. This might bring more people back into the game as well.

Starting new characters with friends, duels, trades, MF, hanging out. Those were the parts that made D2 so much fun and addicting growing up! But nobody here wants to go to B.Net, because we all value the integrity of the game and the people who you play with and against. B.Net would be a Heaven, if there was literally zero bots, dupes or hacks. Diablo 2 played exactly how the base game was meant to be played, is simply amazing. Everyone doesn't have Enigma in the first week in real D2 lol.

I remember a forum I played on, where people constantly moderated to make sure no bots were running and they had ladder seasons and NL, just like on B.Net. It was kind of cool. If I was doing constant MF runs, an ADMIN could get in my PW protected game and just make sure I wasn't a bot, by saying hi or something funny to him or him seing me messing around in town. I don't know how much work it takes to create a whole forum, where we could all join in and even have the main different patches available to play with each other and those items being abled to move amongst patches. This is probably a pipedream.

This place is still the greatest place right now. It's just that I spent so many great memories from ~12ish to ~25ish, playing with real people, having very strong friendly bonds with people who were strangers before we met, mad duels from BM to GM duels lol. Leveling with your 8 man group from early evening, until the sun comes up, on Classic and Xpac.

How often do people meet up on LAN and is it something okay to do, something safe, something that isn't looked down upon? I LOVE it here and the talking on the forums is great, but the in game loneliness can get to you after awhile.

Maybe a push for more LAN games(I assume a server is far out of the equation lol), would bolster up people's playing and commitments to the game. I would have to imagine that the majority of people, like having at least one friend or even more to play with. Especially when you can't duel and have no point of building a dueler, if there aren't any.

Even if we all chose Single Player, we chose to form this place and I am sure would love playing together with each other, in a fair, legitimate, protected version of D2. I know some people play here and B.net, to get their playing in more than one man games, but I can't accept how bastardized B.net has become with the HAXxxorz,Dupez,Botz, not fun for anyone over the age of what? 15?

Why can't we have a better set up system around here where we can play with each other on LAN, could have competitions like Iron Mans, Ladder Style Leveling Characters, Duels and Team Duels, Group MFing, trading and checking out each other's gear they use and are willing to trade. I think it would help a lot of newer, lower players to catch up. I think the one biggest benefit, without a doubt (at least for the devoted, I'm more into the earlier stuff I mentioned), would be the ability to do CS/Baal Runs nonstop and have at least ONE, or up to the MAX PLAYERS, and not have to do all the work in every run, could chat and not be so board you can't handle it. Each person could step up after so many breaks, to give people slight breaks with Ondal's, to keep XP flowing while your fingers are about broken. Plus all the character diversity, would make runs fly through.

Why do we avoid this a lot?

I've never been too active to post on any platform or forum, but I sure am an active lurker. Been reading your stories every now and then as I've been doing for years. Please keep them coming!

Took a several months long break from the game, but got back to it last week. Summer is now long gone, and it's getting dark and cold again. Perfect for Diablo, not so much for motorcycling... I guess it's time to look back to photos from this summer's europe tourney, dream of the next one and play some D2 hoping for a grailer or two. Don't really like winter too much. Might still be on a track to reach level 96 with my untwinked sorceress this year, as I had hoped to do.

Wow. Spend a day away and it's all new and fancy on here :p

@Ghonn you read my stories every now and then? That make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you for taking the time to read my adventures! I do the same with lots of other people, and lurk quite a bit, although I have done a lot less lurking and more posting over the last year or so. But I know what it's like to not post much, but read great stories of playing and see some really cool items that get found by other people! My shift has gone to NCAA '14 College Football lol. New Rosters, new season time. Hope the series comes back soon. But the weather shift will definitely get me back on here.

I am in the dilemma of wanting to make a new character that I never play. Either some type of Poison Nova, Dagger or Summoner Necro, a Shapeshifting Druid, probably a bear or maybe a Windy Druid as they are neat, or an Assassin that uses mainly melee to kill, although I always struggle with how to make good kicker or how to do the synergy skills and release them correctly. Maybe the throwing star Assassin would be the appropriate way for me to go. I DO have this weapon I will show down below that may be great for a star thrower. Or I may make a cookie cutter Hammerdin, since I haven't made one in forever, not since they nerfed them at least.

This is the weapon I found, one of my all time favorite finds, that would work on the Assassin, without having to worry about durability I believe. This weapon would be cool on a Zealer, if I ever found a Zod. I know Grief is way better and a few others too, but the cool points on this item make it more fun for me than the standard, cheap Grief. Just 2% ED from being perfect and it's ethereal :)

Heaven's Light
Mighty Scepter
One Hand Damage: 238 - 310
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 115
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0x16443f5d
Item Level: 79
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
+20% Increased Attack Speed
298% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+18 Life after each Demon Kill
+3 to Light Radius
Ethereal
2 Sockets (0 used)

Yeah this will take some getting used to. I guess I'll decide whether I like it in a week or something.

@Jamie I can't speak for everyone on the forum ofc, but I think a lot of us play single player in part because we like being on our own time/schedule and not needing internet etc. At least that's part of it for me. Not that I wouldn't enjoy some fun MP with fellow forum members, but that's a most of why it's not something I'm trying to make happen or care a ton about. Not to mention connection speed is notorious for non b-net multiplayer. But just thought I'd chime in with my 2c :)

Edit: changed my mind. I don't need a week. Don't like new forum look :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
@Kitteh @Luhkoh

What don't you guys like about the forum? Just the look? Or is there user issues? I don't think I have done anything since the post up above.

Search function was working for me yesterday but was taking a really long time to load and then was only loading results from 2016 and before. I'm assuming that will work itself out, but yeah I mostly dont like the look :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High