7 Yorkshiremen - HC (single pass) Untwinked Sept

Hah. Very punny! :p

Good point about the mana problems. Between Insight and the occasional need to fire off a lot of arrows very quickly becoming more and more common as you progress, it looks like a Shael + 1 other IAS source will go a long way. My earlier comment made me curious and it looks like the 20% takes you from 15 to 13 FPA, 22% drops you to 12 FPA, and 35% to 11 FPA... so it should be pretty easy to get a nice DPS boost with a couple of changes once the need arises. It's really cool you happened to find such a great-roll Wizendraw with this build; I'm very interested to see how things go moving along. :)

View attachment 15458
Found this from Normal Cows, and read this on another site:
In fact, if you find a Voulge type polearm at any point after WSK normal, you can have Larzuk socket it for 4 sockets.

Anybody know if that is correct? and, I assume the cube recipe would follow the same rules? Hopefully, she can find an Exceptional 4os base before A2. But, I would keep this on hand just in case.

Should be true. Check here: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Sockets
And with the cube recipe it's certainly not guaranteed 4os, but it does have a 50% of 4os (rolls a number 1-6, and 4-6 all result in 4os since it's max). I assume you don't wanna spend a larzuk on that, but I would definitely spend the ral amn pamethyst to socket it, if you don't already have an insight for her.

Haha gotcha. Mo idea if a larzuk quest is worth more or less than a 50% chance with a pamethyst at this stage of this type of playthrough. I'm used to always being able to farm more gems if needed :p

[HIGHLIGHT]Eterno (lvl 52) - A2 Nightmare[/HIGHLIGHT]
View attachment 15462
Decided to go with p5. I have a feeling I won't regret it. Boss fights worry me more than the loss of experience. Still waiting to see what she will do for a second elemental attack. Just spamming FA at the moment. Getting a bit more laid back about doing "full" clears as well. I may have even skipped an area, not 100% sure.
Secret Cow Level

Blood Moor
Den of Evil
Cold Plains
Burial Grounds
The Crypt
The Mausoleum
The Cave 1-2
Underground Passage 1-2
Dark Wood
Tristram
Black Marsh
Tower Cellar 1-5
Taome Highlands
The Pits 1-2
Monastery Gate
Outer Cloister
The Barracks
Inner Cloister
Catacombs 1-4

[HIGHLIGHT]Gear:[/HIGHLIGHT]
A couple of MF upgrades. She has several Ptopaz cubed up, but hasn't really found helm/armor to make use of them! :mad:
Code:
Heavy Boots of Luck - 31% MF
Amulet of Luck - 27% MF

Chaos Hold
Ring
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xe5366f27
Item Level: 30
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+118 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +4
+10 to Mana
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Found a second eth Voulge, and an eth War Scythe. But, managed 4os on first attempt. :)
View attachment 15463
Tal's belt was a bit of a surprise. Only 11% MF though. o_O
View attachment 15464
Edge allowed her to go on a bit of a gambling spree (Circlets and Amulets).
View attachment 15465
Didn't even bother with Merc for Andy fight. He got wiped out in 3 seconds.
View attachment 15466
Tried her imbue on some javelins. May want to start putting some points in J&S tree.
View attachment 15467

Last edited:
Sorry for being behind on this post, but that Wizendraw drop for Eterno . . . That’s what I call a nice quest drop!

[HIGHLIGHT]Eterno (lvl 64) - A5 Nightmare[/HIGHLIGHT]
View attachment 52112
Diablo is killing it with the quest drops for Eterno! :D

I've really abandoned the "full-ish" clears with her. Some of her sisters have been getting into spots of trouble (mainly mana burn + large swarm or extra fast). If monsters can get close enough to mana burn, it can get dangerous very quickly. One of the other Zons actually died due to a mana burn stair trap in Sarina's temple. So, I didn't want to risk Eterno any more than I have to.

The other aspect of this playthrough (that I think I've managed poorly) is her Ptopazes. She is still only up to 5 (+3 flawless) of them, only having found 1 or 2 gem shrines. But, I've been waiting on a 4os armor, or a 3os helm to put them in. However, she is nearly finished with NM, and I feel like I've missed the bulk of her MF "window of opportunity". Although, Big D is certainly making me feel better..

I've been trying to focus gambling on Amulets and Circlets, hoping to get something worthy of a socket quest in A5. I've seen plenty of +skills, but only 2x with Zon skills, and neither had resists. Here are the three she's got:
Code:
Chromatic Circlet of the Wraith
Circlet
Defense: 30
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x3cbff5c7
Item Level: 55
5% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +26

Spirit Brow
Circlet
Defense: 51
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x9e4a7a5c
Item Level: 62
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
5% Life stolen per hit
+67% Enhanced Defense
+17 to Mana
Damage Reduced by 5

Fiend Veil
Circlet
Defense: 26
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x639b73c5
Item Level: 30
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+38 to Life
All Resistances +11
Fire Resist +28%
Damage Reduced by 3
I've been leaving +MF gear on her for now, but will probably start switching it out once she's on Hell difficulty.
Code:
Amulet: +27% MF (Eye of Etlitch or Eagle Torc)
Body Armor: 'Stealth' Field Plate (soon to be 'Duress')
Boots: +30% MF/+39% Poison Resist
Belt: Tal Rasha's +11% MF
Ring1: +10% MF (rare)
Ring2: +17% MF / +15% Poison Resist
Gloves: +1 Passive / +16% MF
Code:
Eagle Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xa5758576
8% Chance to cast level 5 Chain Lightning on attack
3% Life stolen per hit
Cold Resist +19%
All Resistances +18
Damage Reduced by 3
VERY glad I decided to clear all 4 wings in AS.
View attachment 52120View attachment 52121
View attachment 52113
View attachment 52117
Um or Lum are my two target runes. Plan is to make 'Duress' in an exceptional base now. :)
View attachment 52118
View attachment 52119

[HIGHLIGHT]Eterno (lvl 73) - A1 Hell[/HIGHLIGHT]
View attachment 52178
The story of NM for Eterno. Having finally cubed up some Ptopaz, she spent soooo much time diligently checking vendors on every trip back to town. Looking for Helm/Armor options to get some MF. Finally, just went with a plain 3os Cuirass for Merc, and a Jeweler's 4os of Warding (+1 MDR!!). After that, A5 started to really see an increase in the number of S/U drops. She scored another nice bow drop in WSK.
WWS is terrible roll, only +152% dmg. But, I'm considering using it for my secondary attack. I haven't found any decent javelins yet (was thinking of going FA/LF). Now, I'm thinking of just going dual bow? WWS-Witchyzon/FA, upgraded and socketed with a Dol rune and at least you've got CtC Amp + Flee. Need to come up with something, because the CIs are starting to appear...

The @40% resists on WWS would also probably give me the freedom to wear +MF armor into Hell difficulty, saving the Um rune that was slated for 'Duress'. That would make using 'Crescent Moon' on the Merc a possibility. CtC static would help quite a bit with CIs.. Also, if she is strafing/leeching with WWS she wouldn't be so reliant upon Meditation from 'Insight' Merc. Any thoughts?
Pretty sure I killed every single monster in A5 and Cow level. Started to run into difficulty with CI Succubi and got concerned. Wanted to level Eterno as much as possible before Hell, and am debating just going with p1 instead of p3.. I'm chicken! :oops:

Code:
Amulet: +27% MF (Saracen's Chance, Eye of Etlitch, or Eagle Torc)
Body Armor: Jeweler's GP of Warding +96% MF (soon to be 'Duress')
Boots: Storm Nails
Belt: Tal Rasha's +11% MF
Ring1: +20% MF
Ring2: +17% MF / +15% Poison Resist
Gloves: +1 Passive / +16% MF
Code:
Storm Nails
Heavy Boots
Defense: 8
Durability: 42 of 42
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 18
Fingerprint: 0x84e5408b
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+27% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +38%
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

WWS terrible roll? You were lucky to have a terrible roll. When I was young, I didn’t even have a WWS! I had to wake up 2 hours before going to bed and fight my way to Diablo with an eth white dagger!

ooh, good luck mate. Mine got terminated after my hd crapped out on me. half my characters were in hell some completed and rest in nightmare a5 iirc. It's difficult to stomache having to put yourself through the normal x7 gauntlet. I think that is by far the most taxing part of doing an untwinked single pass sept.

[highlight]Eterno (lvl 76) - A1 Hell[/highlight]
View attachment 52364
Well, she's made it through A1. I was hoping to have her 'endgame' gear decided by the end of this act, but still not sure what I'm doing.. The original plan ever since finding the Um rune was to make 'Duress', but I ended up just making her a 'Smoke' instead.

This leaves me the option of 'Crescent Moon' for Merc, as I've noticed that killing CIs is going to be quite a pain. I found a plain thresher, and ran it through the cube to get 5os. I don't have a Fal rune yet, but that could open 'Obedience' as an achievable option. Also, scored a Tal's mask which would be nice to get Merc some leech. Obedience would give him some CB if I swapped out his Gface.

I haven't been too impressed with WWS, and not sure when I'll have a Pul to upgrade it. Found a 4os bow, and will probably just go with 'Harmony' to provide some non-cold damage on strafe/switch. Got a nice rune drop, and was all excited to make a 'Silence', but realized that she's still an Ist short. Don't think there are really any other good options for it. 'Death' or Hoto being the most realistic targets.

Any opinions/suggestions?

@okey - yea, considered an A5 merc with 'Death' as well, but changing difficulties is not allowed. Figured that the best chance would be HF anyway, meaning I could only use merc for last act. Then this happened.. :p

[HIGHLIGHT]Eterno (lvl 78) - A3 Hell[/HIGHLIGHT]
View attachment 52380
I think I've run out of time. Need to make use of the Um rune, or it will be too late. I'm glad I pushed on a bit into A3 to hit lvl 78, because she finally got a decent 3os armor drop (no ethereals to be found..). Made 'Duress' for merc, and got to see that there were a LOT fewer CIs in A3, which gives me a bit more confidence going forward.

[highlight]Gear:[/highlight]
Code:
Helm - Tal's Horadric Crest
Weps - Wizendraw / 'Harmony' Double Bow
Armor - 'Smoke' Mage Plate
Gloves - Bone Touch (+1 Passive, +19% PR, +16% MF)
Belt - Tal's Fine Spun Cloth
Boots - Plague Trample (+37% LR, +33% FR)
Ammy - Saracen's Chance (@19%)
Rings - Nagelring (+25% MF), Wisp Projector (+20% Absorb!)
[highlight]Merc:[/highlight]
Code:
Helm - Gface
Armor - 'Duress' Mage Plate
Wep - 'Insight' Eth Voulge

I don't think she's gonna upgrade her gear much more, except hopefully the Merc weapon. I have a 5os thresher standing by if she can get a Fal rune. CIs are a pain (there were many in A2), but I think she can manage with her current gear. 'Harmony' on switch, plus a mid level Exploding Arrow does okay damage.

You don't mind me piggy backing onto your sept challenge would you?

my personal take on the challenge..

"Seven Vices" Sept
The Seven Rules
1 hardcore, untwinked, & single pass
2 no muling except for engraved equipment, if left unclaimed, this right will be revoked upon stepping out of A1 Town [1]
3 no revisiting past difficulties / acts [2]
4 no changing /players# upon stepping out of A1 Town
5 no wearable _type_ [3] equipment [4]
6 bare minimum magic find [5]
7 skip all experience shrines that appear [6]

[1] limited to one engraved equipment per difficulty and only at the first spawned instance of A1 Town
[2] revisiting areas within its own act is allowed as you are required to revisit Stony Field from Dark Wood after getting the Scroll. However if it's done on two different instances of playing, limit the amount of kills to a minimum and do not loot any items that drop
[3] select a type to prohibit, types consists of : 1 whites (and gemmed whites), 2 magics, 3 rares, 4 uniques, 5 sets, 6 runewords, 7 crafts
and for added flair prohibition corresponds with the following vices/sins respectively: 1 sloth, 2 greed, 3 lust, 4 pride, 5 envy, 6 wrath, 7 gluttony
[4] this means jewels and charms are allowed as they aren't wearable equipment
[5] if there is no primary modifier to excuse the wearing of MF equipment, don't wear it, eg: set items with MF bonuses
[6] the sacrifice of experience shrines will be make up for potential killing of mobs needed to be killed to resume suspended play within an area

Want an added challenge on top? -- Roll your vices. Click here.
Vices are designated in the following order: Amazon, Assassin, Necromancer, Barbarian, Sorceress, Druid, Paladin
E.g. - A roll consisting of 3 , 5 , 2 , 1 , 4 , 7 , 6 --> Amazon: no rares, Assassin: no sets, Necromancer: no magics, ..., Paladin: no runewords

Bourdain (Lv20) - Normal Act 2 Town
View attachment 52382

Summary: Admittedly for my first 1.14D character, this Necromancer is getting off to a great start. The build in question is a Fishymancer that is aiming for 30/40/50 block% in N/NM/H respectively, this will in theory allow the Fishymancer double as a somewhat decent thrower. Drops wise, even with 0% MF, at /players8, I was able to procure quite a few Rare items by the end of the act. On the mercenary front, I got contracted to one Amplisa (fire) who I then donned a 3x chipped emerald long bow, barring Andarial, the DPS is hard to beat- though when it came time to brawl with Andarial, I swapped out her bow for a 3x chipped topaz long bow. Sometime during my trek through Jail, I happened upon a cracked pilum that I imbued before heading off to Act 2.

Full picture log of Normal Act 1

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High