2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

As I'll be out of town this weekend, I pushed through the end of my set, results sent... didn't find a Naj's Puzzler again, and just couldn't grind out that 5th Zod, so only 4 qualifiers, but I feel pretty good about the round :p

Middle part of this round was not nearly so smooth as the start... I kept having levelsitters killed by random cows, and in HC, that's a real problem... felt like I spent nearly as much time rushing replacements as running cows! :mad:

Last quarter things settled down and went more smoothly, mostly because I spent a little more time securing them a spot instead of taking risks for the sake of speed... it was much less frustrating and not really that much slower in the end...

My best unique (found it under a rock:p) and a great charm that shows both the good and the bad of 1.07 charms:
RFL2022_1_HoZ_SC.jpg
Code:
Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 142
Chance to Block:  57%
Smite Damage: 20 to 28
Durability: 38 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x6cead165
+50% Enhanced Defense
+15% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +44 <nice automod roll!!
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
50% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
2% Damage to Undead (2 per Character Level)
10% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Undead (10 per Character Level)

Prefix 997 Small Charm of Good Luck
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 33
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x3c19c516
All Resistances +6
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I was very strict about what I picked...flawless gems, resistance ring gems, jewels, runes, charms, and consumables as needed (pots, scrolls, arrows, keys)...if I had space, amulets & rings or occasionally elite items (especially crafting bases or TC66 items, they don't drop most places). I just happened to have some space and noticed a Sky Spirit (TC66), so I grabbed it... Well, I think its about the most impressive single-tree item ever! I went ahead and had one of the levelsitters socket it and it got 3, if there were only some way to give it FCR, it would be BIS for a windy.
RFL2022_1_WindyHat.jpg
Code:
Prefix 1176 Sky Spirit of the Gargantuan
Defense: 153
Durability: 20 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4a7e83ad
+59 to Life
+3 to Cyclone Armor (Druid Only)
+3 to Hurricane (Druid Only)
+3 to Tornado (Druid Only)
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
Socketed (3: 0 used)

I did get a lot of great charms, especially damage charms (gogo 1.07!)... not many skillers, but I did get a couple good ones: lightning/39life and P&M/20max

WoRG

Last edited:
Easily answered, @Swamigoon I just got one from cows myself... mine's better in every way:p, even the rlvl, its like you looked at the rlvl for yours in a mirror :ROFLMAO:
107_ScharmsoM.jpg

Edit: went ahead and added the equivalent LC, which cows also dropped...

WoRG

Attachments

• 107_SGCoM.jpg
    107_SGCoM.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Finally 20 hours completed. It only took 6 characters because the damn merc kept wandering off and killing the cow king. Next year D2R for sure.

One qualifier at the 12-hour mark.

I averaged a little over a rune per run. Other than the qualifier the best were 2 Lem, 2 Fal, 2Ko, 2 Lum. That's too many too close.

I found 2 skillers, an Acrobatic Grand Charm and

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x6766a5e2
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

A total of 38 Sets and uniques with the best being

Marrowwalk
Bonehew (first run)
Dangoon's Teaching
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Herald of Zakarum
Cow King's Horns
Messerschmidt's Reaver (next to last run)
Also, a nice Skin of the Viper Magi with +32 to resistances.

The only jewel worth noting was

Ruby Jewel of Joyfulness
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xef860f46
+39% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage

I got my act together and only have 9 hours left to finish the set. I may not hit the full 20-hour mark, but I'll be close enough. The cows have been very stingy -- no qualifiers during the last 70 runs.

This ends tonight at Midnight, correct? the 27th at 11:59? I noticed the front page said the 21st in one spot and the 27th 2359 in another.

Yes, it is tonight at midnight, will fix the reference to the 21st!

Prefix 1176 Sky Spirit of the Gargantuan Defense: 153 Durability: 20 of 20 (Druid Only) Required Strength: 113 Required Level: 67 Item Version: Expansion Item Level: 90 Fingerprint: 0x4a7e83ad +59 to Life +3 to Cyclone Armor (Druid Only) +3 to Hurricane (Druid Only) +3 to Tornado (Druid Only) +3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only) Socketed (3: 0 used)
No +33 HP. Garbage. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: WoRG
In reference to conversation items earlier in this thread:
Everyone in running thread:
Can't find anything! ...
... well of course, it all follows this sophisticated logic:

Step 1: Complain
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT (Zod)
I can't seem to get past step 1...
Complaining always works.
It has been confirmed plenty times in the Item Find Threads. :) ...
...to which I proceeded to complain, by exhibiting a triple-durability rare spiderweb sash.

Well, @Excalibur, here's another bit of evidence that your assertion is correct:

H7ussAM.png

A couple of days after finishing my 20 hours for RFL round 1, I decided to go back and visit Baal a few times with my chain-lightning sorceress, and she found my very first ever Arachnid Mesh! She also found:
H7rb.png

Not long later, my LK runner popped this one:
B7gul.png

Complaining works? Sorry in advance, fellow players, but I'm now officially becoming an insufferable whining/pouting menace here on the forum.

After a marathon session, I managed to complete 19.25 hours of my set. Results sent in.

I forgot to do the most important step -- I didn't complain, so I only found 5 qualifiers (with none found at all during the last 116 runs...).

Results sent, sorry for the delay.

Only managed to run for about 9 hours total, and let's just say I didn't not exactly get the RNG to make up for that. :D

I did find a couple of decent non-qualifiers, will share those in the results thread.

Hope I'll be able to play more during the next round!

Thanks to everyone who has sent results in. I haven't heard from 5 people so will hold off on posting until I get home from work this evening. Please send results if you haven't already, including a quick PM if you didn't end up running. Thanks!

Got about 9-10 hours without even one qualifier :(
Even with infinity every run took about 20-30 min partly because I pick up lots of stuff (although tried to change it half way through) but I also get the feeling that the game run slower compared to regular D2.

Wow, it seems we might not have strong scores. Instead of WoRG winning with only 530 points difference he will win with a massive 550 points difference!

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC and Swamigoon
I have a few questions.

# 1: In Round 2, do only Rune Drops count from the Council Members? Would a chest or stray monsters in the room count if they dropped a qualifying rune? Same for Round 3, say I were to do the Pits or Ancient Tunnels and Runes dropped from chests? I guess the same could have been asked about Hell Cows, would you count Rune drops from chests?

# 2: Is running LK Chests for Round 3 an option and you count the Superchests and/or anything found from anything in the entirety of LK, including monsters and other poppables? Can we do it and only count Superchests? Or are we supposed to not run LK at all and run an area where we kill monsters, such as CS or AT?

#3 Are we limited to one floor? Could I do Baal Runs and run WSK1+2+Baa's Waves and then kill Baal? Or would I be limited to one floor, or limited to killing monsters and waves in the third room? If I ran Pits, would I be able to run Pits Level 1+2? Or say running Shenk+Eldritch, would that be considered two areas? If I ran Pindle+Halls of Anguish/Pain would that be acceptable? Or is it limtied to one room/floor/region? There are areas that feel kind of iffy.

This is my first attempt, round 1 was a disaster because I didnt notice I ran out of time lol. I am curious on how some of these rules work exactly, as I didn't notice them addressed. Thanks for any help with these!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High