2021 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

One of the temptations of RFL for me has been the fact that I think I could really enjoy running trav.
Testing that theory, when I hear so many state the trav is your least favourite round, will be terribly exciting when I get enough time to participate.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Well i did find something after that complaining, but nothing too exciting. So it could be said it worked, but not good enough. I want MOAR.
H7EnR6a.png

That's what I look like while running trav.

Sidenote I have now completed as many runs as I did in my whole 20 hour set last year (3300). And I will be able to get in 3800ish this year from the improved runtimes. Lets see if it pays off and anything juicy turns up in these next 500.

Ooh also forgot to post this nice nonqual i found yesterday.
VFTEpjj.png

I was like... hmm this seems familiar. And sure enough:

Last year's RFL trav round was when I found my one other pair of eth titans. This is why you should always pack big mf at trav, boys and girls. My whopping total of 47mf is raking it in 😁.

This is why you should always pack big mf at trav, boys and girls. My whopping total of 47mf is raking it in 😁.
Wow, how inconsiderate. Not everyone has the gear to facilitate those kind of mf numbers you know... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Luhkoh
5h into my second set. Not sure I will finish it, but I'm aiming for around 15h.

Way more deaths than qualifiers so far. I managed to de-level my sorc from about 92.3 to 92.00, now climbing back up again slowly. But the next death is probably just around the corner.

The sorc is a bit "on the edge" for me - One wrong move and she dies. Whilst the Barb may not be as efficient as the sorc, he is much easier to run with and as a result you can do more hours in a day. Personally I think there is alot to be said for that, sustainability is just as important as efficiency.

These are quite nice non-quals:
Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 33 
Fingerprint: 0xcf703449 
Item Level: 85 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
All Resistances +3 
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Required Level: 49 
Fingerprint: 0x2f7f74d1 
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+5% to Fire Skill Damage

@maxicek whats your gear and res? Before I switched to ormus (was running viper) my sorc felt pretty safe. I'm sure map has the most effect there too. That being said, I find neither sorc nor barb to be easy to run there. Zealot was most mindless I've played in trav. Need to try out necro sometime though.

Sick small charm! I've never seen any all res/mf sc.

Finally finished my set. Glad to have it under the belt. And glad to not return till next year :p.

@maxicek this sc is pretty nice - so is the 5/5 lightning facet, but my PitZerker gearing quest make me looking more towards this kind of treasures :)

On my side, I will complete a batch! Less than 50 minutes to go, and three qualifiers still to be found... meh, that's not my year I guess -_-

Reactions: PhineasB
Batch complete, results sent 🥳

Three qualifiers :cry:

Well, at least I crossed a goal, but I would have expected a bit more, even with a crappy 42.3s/run average (merc died quite a lot, less at the end after a nice Steelshade drop, which deserved a Ral, but still).

TraviRunnerS is close to 92, so I'll grab this lvl before giving her a rest. Hope I won't get a fourth now o_O

I am just about 13 hours in....completed 700 runs with the zealadin and a bit over 300 with my pnova nec. My plan is to complete 700 runs on the necro and then spend whatever time is left on my bliz sorc (should be about 2 hours)

Pally went from lvl 83 to 90 and I just dinged 92 on the necro.

Many unique rings, several skillers, and a 5/5 cold die facet :)

Also many set items, more craft supplies, and of course, runes. All in all a profitable round so far.

Hoping to put in the full 20 hours...we shall see.

Just over 10h into the second set. Qualifiers have been reasonable in quantity but terrible in quality, so I'm making an official complaint about this. I should manage another 5-6h over the weekend.

Non-qualifiers have been OK though. I like this as a melee ring, a second resist / mana would have been awesome, and a bit more AR.
Code:
Corruption Spiral 
Ring 
Required Level: 65 
Fingerprint: 0x983576a4 
+58 to Attack Rating 
4% Mana stolen per hit 
8% Life stolen per hit 
All Resistances +9 
+1 to Light Radius