2021 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Hours run: ehhh, about a third of the set.
HC Zealot status: alive and leveling.

I'll definitely only do one set for this round, but I gotta say it's been nice running with something other than a Blizz sorc! Initial thoughts are that Zealot is very safe feeling and entertaining as well, definitely recommended.

@Pb_pal how fun/relaxing did necro feel compared to those two? I'm just talking SC. I'm such a huge fan of blizz AT runs, but can't say I really enjoy the trav runs at all (except obviously when the juicy finds are streaming in nonstop ofc). I think the unpredictable council movement making them inconsistent to get hit by blizz plus the visual clutter when you are trying to see if they're all dead is just a bad combo. Was thinking necro might be a good option next year or something. Seems easier. Amp, pnova, a few CEs, good to go.

@Pb_pal how fun/relaxing did necro feel compared to those two? I'm just talking SC. I'm such a huge fan of blizz AT runs, but can't say I really enjoy the trav runs at all (except obviously when the juicy finds are streaming in nonstop ofc). I think the unpredictable council movement making them inconsistent to get hit by blizz plus the visual clutter when you are trying to see if they're all dead is just a bad combo. Was thinking necro might be a good option next year or something. Seems easier. Amp, pnova, a few CEs, good to go.
I enjoyed necro quite a bit and would recommend it for sure. Definitely the squishiest of the three (in my experience, anyway). I'm sure with some effort they can be geared to be quite durable, I just didn't bother theorycrafting that much. Make sure you have a strong, well-geared merc as well.

Gameplay though I definitely liked. As you say it's quite straightforward, strong, and there's a lot less of that 'aiming' nonsense to worry about. My runtimes weren't that much slower than a Blizz sorc when I did it (21-23s vs ~19 for Blizz), so you don't even lose much to technical efficiency. Definitely not enough to take out Lady Luck's influence.

TL;DR - Necro fun, strong, efficient. Make one.

Reactions: Luhkoh
About 6 hours in here. I'm mainly focussing on my SC sorc as she needs some runeword help if she's gonna do CS runs. But the D2 gods haven't been smiling on her. Officially complaining here .....

Five hours in, and I just heard a loud clanging sound.

G3l87.png

One hour earlier: as a token of his affection, Ismail Vilehand gave Qursh some very pretty bling.

G3uaMG.png G3uaMGm.png
I'm deeply touched. I think Qursh will spend a little more time with Ismail. We will see whether they can deepen their relationship. What do you think would best impress Ismail? Flowers? Chocolates? Front row seats to a Deckard Cain hip-hop show and pre-concert lecture?

For the first part of my second set, I did 100 runs each with the Zealot, WW Barb, and Blizz sorc. I quickly determined that the Blizz sorc is going to be parked for the remainder of the round, solely because of the amount of full rejuvs spent on the merc since he can't leech while wearing Insight/Kira's/GA. She'll definitely see some time next year when I can play around with Infinity.

France has now closed the schools, and our son will be at his grandparents' house for the coming weeks - and we will be during most of our evenings/nights.

Hope to complete a set anyway, yesterday afternoon I could push to about 14hrs (hours... if only!), I will have three evenings to complete so it should be doable. Not sure about next week end yet, so I'd better try to complete by thursday night.

Anyway, I finally broke my limit... after multiple Lems, something higher :cool:

So I complained yesterday about lack of runes. Pushed my sorc Aretha through for a couple of hours but still no luck. So I went and did some Meph runs with my HC sorc Takurua (it means winter in my language) which is part of a 1000 run side project I got going. The D2 gods heard my complaining but boy do they work in mysterious ways.

Attachments

• Takurua_JAH.png
    Takurua_JAH.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Judging by a lot of the talk recently, I may be one of the few who is really enjoying the Trav runs. Earlier in the first set I was definitely ready to just get it over with, but I must have hit some magic combination of good music, a build I enjoy, alcohol, and some decent finds. While running this second set, I'm actually running through my mind what builds I'd like to try out for future Trav runs. I will say it's miles more fun than running LK.

@Vildecor haha very nice. I came to the opposite conclusion about myself a while back. Preferring trav over lk is way cooler in my mind. In trav you're killing monsters and LK you're just popping chests, sorta exploiting a strange mechanic. But I have to admit, I like LK running better. Feel like I can relax and get in a nice groove during the them and not so much during trav.

16 hours in. Wasn't complaining too much about my luck in the first half. Was acceptable, but wow its been abysmal for the last 6 hours. Sooooo dry. Hoping throwing out some complaints will end this set on a higher note :).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High