One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the base this thing cost me 55 TV.
Since you play 1.00 too you should really get a base yourself, +3 HS is really easy to get from Jamella (or Ormus), NM and above. The Redemption isn't worth it, since Hammerdins have Insight anyway.

It's been a little while since I posted here, but that is largely because I've been levelling new characters after making Rift and Infinity. My riftsin is in Hell (A2?), but I've left her parked for a little while as I started another sorc for meph runs. I just got her to Act 4 today, and I did just a couple of Meph runs. Here are some finds from the past week or so:

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 130
Durability: 10 of 14
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x304d8781
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
8% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+97% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+8 Life after each Kill

Que-Hegan's Wisdom
Mage Plate
Defense: 660
Durability: 58 of 60
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x97eb776
Item Level: 88
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+152% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Energy
Magic Damage Reduced by 7
+3 to Mana after each Kill

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One Hand Damage: 18 - 42
Durability: 29 of 50
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x5413aa5
Item Level: 87
25% Chance to cast level 1 Teleport when struck
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Vitality
+20 to Energy
All Resistances +20
+5 to Mana after each Kill
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x15e58886
Item Level: 75
+240 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+16 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Fine Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xd30592d7
Item Level: 80
+6 to Maximum Damage
+33 to Attack Rating
+31 to Life

Expert's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x64ac2f1c
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

Blade of Ali Baba
Tulwar
One Hand Damage: 32 - 70
Durability: 27 of 32
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 70
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0x879e1d
Item Level: 86
101% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
212% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
85% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
2 Sockets (0 used)

Ruby Jewel of Knowledge
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xaae22d0e
39% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Energy

Blade of Ali Baba
Tulwar
One Hand Damage: 32 - 71
Durability: 24 of 32
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 70
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0xab9afd66
105% Enhanced Damage
+15 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
187% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
75% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
2 Sockets (0 used)

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 106
Durability: 9 of 22
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x6e442e27
6% Life stolen per hit
+161% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 14%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
+10 Maximum Durability

My melee oriented items are really coming together nicely. I just need a couple of Lo runes and I'll have a goldfind barb. When I eventually do keys/ubers I will probably try to use my riftsin instead of the standard smiter. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. :unsure:

If the riftsin doesn't work smoothly enough for my liking, I'll have to rack up a pally shield for Exile, which I've actually never made before.

Also, it's getting to the point where I may start moving some items from 1.14d to D2R. I've only moved one so far (1.07 base for Infinity), but at some point, I'll want to make runewords in D2R for which I already have the runes in 1.14d (e.g. Grief/Fortitude). I already have an extra CtA and Grief BA in 1.14d (poor rolls, but better than nothing). I also have Ohm and Lo spare in 1.14d, so I could just move those forward, make Fort/Grief and have a viable smiter today. :unsure: I don't think that I'll ever move whole characters forward, though. Anyway, it's just something that's been rolling around my head for a few days.

Edits: Grammer iss hard.

Last edited:
Since you play 1.00 too you should really get a base yourself, +3 HS is really easy to get from Jamella (or Ormus), NM and above. The Redemption isn't worth it, since Hammerdins have Insight anyway.
Uh, didn't even know that.

I never though I would ever get a beta Cta and when I finally did, it was like the worst possible roll.
I may attempt trading for one more if possible. Beta Cta is a huge gable. 😩😩

Code:
Prefix 1170 Earth Spirit
Defense: 113
Durability: 36 of 40
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 104
Required Level: 55
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x1667eacc
+2 to Summon Dire Wolf (Druid Only)
+1 to Solar Creeper (Druid Only)
+2 to Summon Grizzly (Druid Only)
+3 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

so close to be #1 summoning helmet :D

LK hasn't been coughing up OHM or VEX for CTA/Hoto so I started running P1 Andy, Mephisto and Diablo with hammerdin. Some D2 essentials were found today:

Screenshot054.png

Mara's was the one I didn't have yet but I thought it was a nice haul of always useful items.

EDIT:
Ok not the absolutely best you've seen but pretty cool and definitely good enough to see some action:

Screenshot055.png
(accidentaly took the coolest screenie also)

Last edited:
When last I was here, I'd taken one of my two Lo Runes and rolled a nice PB Grief (+395 damage) for my soon to be created Zealot. I then mused about using the other Lo Rune to create a Fortitude. I was contemplating out loud what base to use and inadvertently drew some helpful suggestions:

If it's for you and not your Mercenary, Archon Plate of course. It comes with 3 main advantages.
  • Low Str Requirements.
  • Light Armor Type ( no penalty in Movement speed).
  • And the defense is just as high
+ it has good durability

All good points. Archon Plate is clearly the right answer ... except for one important thing ... Style Points!

My D2R Hammerdin uses Enigma in a Light Plate. Let's get some differentiation!

After staring down an image of D2R armor appearances for about an hour I decided I wanted to go with the 'Field Plate' appearance for my Zealot. That just looks most armored to me (and it matches Guillaume's Face (y) ). Well, it's about a tie with 'Full Plate Mail'. And since Field Plate type armor is medium, and Full Plate Mail type armor is heavy, I'll go with the medium armor, because style points are important, but let's not get too impractical ;) .

Okay. So Kraken Shell it shall be. Let's see ... what's in the GoMule Stash ... hmm ... 467 def Dusk Shroud, 470 def Wyrmhide x2, 473 def Scarab Husk (one point off perfect, but comes with four sockets), 481 def Wire Fleece, 501 def Great Hauberk with four sockets, ... hmm ... lots of nice elite light armor bases ready to go, or could be punched ... hmm ... but what about Kraken Shells ... Oh. I don't have any saved ... hmm ... well that's annoying ... Okay. Fine. Where does one go for Kraken Shells? Dropcalc says: Cows! About a 1 in 2700 chance vs a 1 in 3000 chance anywhere else. Do I really want to do this? I mean, I have some nice elite bases that are more practical ... Yes! Don't be lazy! ... Okay. To the cows ...

About 2700 cows later, I found my first white/grey Kraken Shell:

020.png

Oh thank goodness. I'd decided that I wouldn't use anything that was more than ten defense points off perfect (523). That'll due cows. That'll due.

After a trip to Larzuk:

Fortitude
Kraken Shell
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1566
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0xe0b35f1d
Item Level: 81
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+112 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

Hey! A perfect resistance roll. That's always fun :) .

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I'd done the right thing. Introducing movement penalties for style points? Hmm. I mean, it was 'only' a Lo Rune I suppose ... I struggled a bit with the already made decision as I leveled my Zealot. Then when I got to equip all my endgame gear I had my answer:

021.png

IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

That's one slick looking character :cool: . Try and tell me that's not what a Zealot should look like. C'mon. Yeah, I know. You can't. I love that knight in shining ... er, black armor look! I thought the Crystal Sword appearance might spoil the look but I actually really like it. When Venom kicks in (which is right away), the Phase Blade turns a really nice looking blue/green that breaks up what would otherwise be a lot of blue ... kind of like my longstanding favorite weapon: Ginther's Rift ... but I'm getting off track ... anyhow, ... Put me down as very happy with how appearances have turned out in D2R.

Okay, back on track. With zero mf I wasn't finding a lot of set/uniques as I quested through the game. Nice socketables? Yes. Set/uniques? Not so much. So it was quite a surprise when a unique amulet dropped in the Flayer Jungle and it turned out to be something other than a Nokozan:

022.png

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x4c4fea6a
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
33% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Surprising! And perhaps even more surprising that I saw it. That was one huge pile of Flayers ;) .

This was an extra amusing drop because it was the last item that was holding me back from creating my Zealot ... before I got one at Hell Andariel.

Anyhow, always nice to have another :p .

So that was probably my best drop, but I also found, with zero mf, a Widowmaker in the River of Flame, and a Eaglehorn in the WSK. Maybe the game is hinting as to what sort of character I should make next? :unsure:

In any event, I still have lots more to do with this character! Upon hitting Patriarch with my Zealot, I had my Hammerdin gather up some keys, and then without brushing up on any details, dove right into the Ubers for the first time in more than a decade!

The preliminaries weren't bad. I'd say my only two notes were: Find a better way to deal with PI Sandflies in the Oasis, and don't fight Lilith amped. I didn't die ... but it seemed like I could have ...

Then I dropped into Uber Tristram with no particular plan. Baal pretty quickly teleported over to greet me (well, that was easy). I then had to go looking for the other two.

Found them:

023.png

I think I've heard adages about not fighting in burning houses ... but it seemed to work out. I picked off Mephisto first, then turned on BigD:

024.png

Hmm. For diving in headfirst, that went rather well.

Now, what about the charm. I've got a Frozen Orb/TK Sorceress, a Hammerdin, and now the Zealot. Will the charm be of immediate use?

025.png

We have a winner!

Hellfire Torch
Large Charm
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x3e218175
Item Level: 99
5% Chance to cast level 10 Firestorm on striking
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
All Stats +12
All Resistances +17
+8 to Light Radius
Level 30 Hydra (10/10 Charges)

Neat. Paladin was what I wanted most! And it's a mid roll! I wouldn't dare ask for more than that :D .

Time to farm up some more keys ... now, with a little extra FIRE POWER! :devilish:

Last edited:
@HanShotFirst Great read! Looks are important! ;)

I have looked a couple of times at the armor appearances for my untwinked 99er-to-be Amazon and still cannot decide what I like best as an Enigma base. Although I am still missing 2/3 of the runes, but you need to start somewhere. :)

Reactions: PhineasB
Ok not the absolutely best you've seen but pretty cool and definitely good enough to see some action:

Screenshot055.png

(accidentaly took the coolest screenie also)
Amazingly cool name aswell. :cool:

Reactions: J-Dog
A few finds:

I was gambling light plated boots as I wanted mirrored boots to craft blood boots with:

Screenshot1109.png

That kind of makes me want to just go all in on gambling some Goreriders.....but I'm low on gold now. :rolleyes: It's about time for a trav barb ... or ... I could try to make a travsin workable. :unsure:

I also got a nice GC recently:

Lion Branded Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7ed54d95
Item Level: 74
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

I may not use it as I don't intend on making a hammerdin in D2R. Time will tell, though.

That probably is enough for lvl 93 to 94 in 1.07:

Code:
Number of Items : 51

1: Wirt's Leg

2: Wirt's Leg

3: Wirt's Leg

4: Wirt's Leg

5: Wirt's Leg

6: Wirt's Leg

7: Wirt's Leg

8: Wirt's Leg

9: Wirt's Leg