D2 Goals & Objectives for 2021

1) Get Nena into the 80's
2) Get Nena into Act 4 (Cos this allows Meph runs on top of AT runs if i so desire)
3) Get grail to -300
4) Get Hardcore grail to -400
5) To do above progress Mr Freeze into Nightmare
6) Take part in a tournament
7) Get Civ 6 grail over 35 (Current 26/54)

So er progress not that fast shall we say. Nena is 77 Mr Freeze is half way thru Act 2 still. Civ 6 grail erm semi unsure as other laptop HDD fail and not yet got it back yet which is usually possible then i'll copy stuff across when and if i get it back. I think its 29/58 currently as they added more leaders and i have gotten some more wins this year.

Must've missed it when this first got posted.

The goals are pretty much what I planned for last year - before I got distracted by other games.

1. Reach 98.5 on bowazon
- currently at 14%
- the exp calc says ~310h for level up

2. Complete Title sept
- Guardian fishymancer finished, writeup still to be done
- Mat Assassin and Pat Druid to go
- lost Baron paladin character file; perhaps re-baron a paladin as a zealot this time?

3. Start another sept
- with the current discussions about starter builds, starter sept seems like a good candidate

Good luck on everyone's goals this year
and stay safe! :D

My goal in 2021 is to complete a Sept.

Keeping it simple. Mostly. ;) I'm really excited to show you all my first Guardian on this forum. I've lurked long enough!

I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals as well!

Current status, after having checked some lately:
2021 Goals
1) a sept of Guardian by the end of 2021. Twinking/trading accepted.
Paladin: ThouShallNotDie #Guardian at lvl 85
Assassin: ItsATrap lvl 44 #Destroyer #OrangeTournament
Necromancer: AlreadyDead #Guardian at lvl 83
Sorceress: Ballsy lvl 15
Druid: Zorro #Guardian at lvl 83
Amazon: Frida, #Guardian at lvl 84 #Untwinked #RandomTournament

Barbarian: Frenchy lvl 35 #Untwinked #SinglePass #BBBBBBTournament
2) Participate in each of the following tournaments with at least one set.
OBP
RFL any round : Travincal OK
MFO
Finding the Balance
3) Bring my untwinked twins to Hell
Athena Nightmare unlocked
Minerva Nightmare unlocked
4) Grail to -40, currently at -58 in my dedicated stashes.
5) Getting 2000 combined levels in the Murios' project.
Last submitted score: 1694
-> updated after levels gained by TraviRunnerS and Boots_To_ICE Pat'ing in the Itherael's iteration 3. To go: 3 other Guardians from first goal, and another Guardian/Patriarch/Matriarch.
6) Get HammerMessiah to 97 - currently 95.
7) Having my Battle.net ICE guild member Boots_To_ICE Patriarch : checked!

Last edited:
Looks like I never made a list either, though I have had a mental one going. Pen to paper, as they say! Not a long list, but some hefty stuff in there. In no particular order:

- Finish my eBotD Sept (3/7 complete)
- Guardian at least one tournament character (A2H currently)
- Get Stevesy to 98+ (Last update: 97.75)
-
Get to Grail -4 (Currently -5)

Make a 1.06 character and find at least 1 crazy gg rare. That's all I ask. Maybe some 30frw/20fhr boots?

And...finish my FA/Lightning zon. No, not LF/FA. Lightning as in lightning bow damage:

1617896781433.png

Fully upgraded its physical damage will be 25-196...which is really low o_O A lot of +lightning charms and jewels will be used to bolster her non-cold attacks. Hoping for the stars to align for a circlet with 2 sockets, resists, +lightning damage and enhanced damage to tie everything together. Oh and while I'm wishing might as well throw in 30%FRW and +dex on that circlet too :sneaky:

Hmmm, but would an upped Skystrike be better? ~69-150 damage and a hell of a lot easier time hitting the 9/3 breakpoint...Might have to swap to it regardless of how "interesting" my rare is.

Last edited:
Well, I never filled one out for 2021 either.
GOALS:
1. Get S/U grail to -40
2. Get Untwinked Light Sorc to 95+ and find Griffons
3. Get Untwinked Javazon to 95+ and make Enigma
4. Get Untwinked Bone Necro to 95+ and make Chains oh Honor
5. Complete RunsWithLava, my Orange...craft HC touney Druid

1. Close, Down to -46!
2. No Griffons yet, now lvl 94
3. Lvl 90, no enigma - hopefully will have a good RFL Rd 3 for enigma runes
4. Lvl 90, runes for CoH gathered, looking for suitable base
5. Just wrapping up Act 1 normal...long road ahead!

Main goals:
1. Finish the RW Grail
Done

2. Take my 3 remaining PvP Assassins to lvl 95 (That will be 8 total)
One done, 2 to go

3. Make an Avenger in every class. More on this later, but there is just the Druid & Necro left
Druid done, Necro I will start after the RFL.

4. Actually play some PvP. HLD or LLD, it doesn't matter.
Finishing 1 has made this more likely, I just need to find a way of dragging some of you lot out onto The Blood Moor with me...

Stretch Goals
1. Make an additional Fury and CoH
CoH I can make with a bit of cubing, I want this for my Necro Avenger.
Fury will depend on RFL R3 or other tournaments as I'm not planning to run for runes outside tournaments any more. Well at least until D2:R. Actually I want to make a Sacred Targe Dream and maybe another Faith, so I'm not done with rune finding yet.

2. Improve the claws for my trappers
I have done some shopping, but no progress.

3. Beta CtA Phase Blade
Later.

I aimed very high in 2020, but with the new house I had bought I hardly played at all. As such, I will repost my old goals. I expect these might take me a few years at the current pace. XD
Two of them are completed earlier in 2021, but I'll keep them below since I guess I should have posted this in Jan/Feb.

1. Get Fishyzon to 90.
2. Get back my Stormshield
3. Get back my Black Hades (sold it to afford a jewlers fullplate with 79 life, so no regrets though.)
4. Figure out how people are keeping track of their grail status. (I assume gomule itself or a fancy excel sheet)
5. Plan untwinked sept
6. Get untwinked sept at least to NM act III (all 7).
7. Plan twinked, themed sept
8. Get twinked, themed sept at least through normal
9. Find a place for gaming desktop in new house. (Will probably play on my laptop for a bit.)
10. Teach daugher (who is 1 year at the moment) to imitate atleast one barbarian warcry.
11. Participate in one tournament or other forum activity.

Progress
1. Currently 89 (and about 1/4th)
2. Still working on this. Pesky gloams! Stupid str-bugging. :cautious:
3. Finished 15 min ago, prompting this update.
4. Someone helped me with this last time I posted. I'll have to dig up that post so I can strike this from the list.
5. I plan to make a thread discussion some aspects of this (and #7) in the future. So little freetime now though...
6. Must be done after #5.
7. Will be done with #5.
8. Must be done after #7.
9. Completed since around February.
10. I completely dropped the ball on this. Luckely, I how have twice the chance to suceed with this (since I now have two daughters).
11. I participated some in RFL21. Still, I would like to participate in a tournament aswell before I strike this.

Hey everyone! Missed my mid year update. Been busy IRL, but still have made SOME progress. Haha, but don't think all these are getting done. Still, plenty of the year to go though!

For me:
Rich (BB code):
No.   Goal                             Progress
---   ----------------------------     --------------------
1.    Level 99 with twinked hdin       lvl 98.1, 100 hours in, no plans to continue
2.    Complete runeword grail          75/78 (need 2 more jahs to finish)
3.    Grail -1                         no progess (fathom, stormlash, tyraels remaining)
4.    <1.9 adjeff HoR entry            no progress (1.992 with fizz sorc last year)
5.    20+ hours in all RFL and MFO     RFL done! 20 hours MFO unlikely
6.    Find 4 ilvl87+ usacreds          0/4 (but one ilvl 86 :()
7.    Get a guardian                   Done! Lvl 93 and grailing

So played much more of the hc sorc than I'd planned, and will probably play her a good bit more! The hdin has been given up on for now haha. Lvl 98 is SLOW. Still have high hopes of finishing the rwg this year, but I think worst case scenario is after next years rfl. No luck on the grailers or uSA's, despite a solid amount of play. Really would like a grailer before september 16th, since that will be a year since I got my last one. We'll see! Not a lot of time to play, but what there is is spent p1 mfing, so maybe I'll get lucky. Haven't done any efficiency running this year, but that might be fun at some point too. Hope everyone is doing well! :coffee: Cheers.

Reactions: Nano and Kartongen
I guess I have a few goals for this year, though they might be partially delayed when D2 Resurrected comes out. At the same time I'm finally finishing up 10k LK runs so I really want to put that gear to good use.

1: Finish my 10k LK runs project (last 100 runs to go, so should be finished this weekend)
2: Get my javazon through Hell
3: Use some of my rune wealth to pimp out my javazon and then either a WW barb or faithzon... or both.
4: Create either the WWbarb or faithzon and run it through the game.
5: Lvl my javazon to 96-97

Unlikely goals:
1: Play more 1.07 to get the runes for a beta CTA
2: Create and pimp out a trifecta of sins: WW-sin, blady fury sin, trapsin

Reactions: Luhkoh
  1. Complete the quest to transmute each Horadric Cube recipe.
    • Complete another pat/mat sept as a side quest, mostly avoiding runeworded items so that instead I can transmute loads of runes.​
    • Complete the Grail of Steel as a side quest.​
  2. Complete the SPF Mat/Pat/Guardian Skill Census/Analysis and commentary project.
    • Of course, I'll keep using it to help me decide what new pats/mats to attempt, both "tried-and-true cookie cutters" and "roads-less-traveled."​
    • (I'm still pondering maxicek 's query about whether there's a convenient way to keep its spreadsheets maintained going forward; I think that should be a related goal.)​
  3. Participate in at least three tournaments (preferably SC; reluctant but willing to brave HC again if a contest looks interesting enough).
My wishlist isn't quite as shoot-the-moon impressive as the goals of many of you veterans here, but my primary aim is to just have fun and share the fun. I also want to encourage all of you friendly SPFers to continue to enjoy this community, keep contributing, and uphold its rules.
1. Just 3 recipes left: Cham, Zod, and rare socket via SoJ. My Hydra/FO sorc rerolled a very lucky LK map: two campfires adjacent to each other, just south of the waypoint. She has already found a Sur there, and we'll just have to see how many hundreds of runs she might need to slog to find enough high runes. As for the side quests, the Wolfbarb is turning out more fun than anticipated, and the only 2-socket weapons left to find are a gothic axe, a champion axe, and a glorious axe.

2. The skills census is basically done, at least for now. Still pondering some follow-up thoughts to write, to cap it all off.

3. Did merely okay in RFL, anticipating a fun MFO soon, and cautiously progressing in the 3LR tourney.

Reactions: Babyhell and D2DC
Current status, one checked lately, overall progress shall be edited until end of September.
Edit: Guardian sept complete! And Murios' target complete as a consequence.
Edit2: one UT99er unlocked Hell.
Edit3: second UT99er unlocked Hell, goal checked!
2021 Goals
1) a sept of Guardian by the end of 2021. Twinking/trading accepted.
Paladin: ThouShallNotDie #Guardian at lvl 85
Assassin: ItsATrap #Guardian at lvl 80
Necromancer: AlreadyDead #Guardian at lvl 83
Sorceress: Ballsy #Guardian at lvl 77
Druid: Zorro #Guardian at lvl 83
Amazon: Frida, #Guardian at lvl 84 #Untwinked #RandomTournament
Barbarian: HocusFocus #Twinked #Guardian at lvl 81
2) Participate in each of the following tournaments with at least one set - as it stands there may be a lack of one tournament this year so...let's participate to the ones that will be ran!
OBP
RFL any round : Travincal OK
MFO : 500 runs done
Finding the Balance
3) Bring my untwinked twins to Hell
Athena Hell unlocked
Minerva Hell unlocked
4) Grail to -40
currently at -35 in my dedicated stashes.
5) Getting 2000 combined levels in the Murios' project.
Last submitted score: 2015
6) Get HammerMessiah to 97 - currently 95.
7) Having my Battle.net ICE guild member Boots_To_ICE Patriarch : checked!

One (real) last (self-dependent) goal: leveling HammerMessiah to 97. Tougher than it seems with D2R incoming...

Last edited:
Main goals:
1. Finish the RW Grail
Done

2. Take my 3 remaining PvP Assassins to lvl 95 (That will be 8 total)
After the MFO it is now 2 done, 1 to go. D2R has put on hold the plans for the last one.

3. Make an Avenger in every class.
Now complete - Druid, Necro. Complete table in the Necro thread.

4. Actually play some PvP. HLD or LLD, it doesn't matter.
I will try something when it gets darker, it is going to depend on people to play with.

Stretch Goals
1. Make an additional Fury and CoH
CoH is done and used on the Necro
Fury will likely be pushed into the future. As I will probably split my equipment between 1.14d and D2R making new versions of other RWs may be a priority.

2. Improve the claws for my trappers
Unlikely to do this now.

3. Beta CtA Phase Blade

I was going to use this for a Kick Trapper, but as I'm doing this for the untwinked 99ers in D2R I don't need it anymore. Also I did my trap laying in the MFO with a War Scepter which felt a bit slow but was not a problem

I will try an get the PvP done, but most of the rest of my efforts will be in D2R. I will save those goals for next year.

Reactions: Babyhell
A bit of an update after a play session with my brother yesterday. (He played D2R and I played D2L, while we made smalltalk.)

1. Get Fishyzon to 90.
2. Get back my Stormshield
3. Get back my Black Hades (sold it to afford a jewlers fullplate with 79 life, so no regrets though.)
4. Figure out how people are keeping track of their grail status. (I assume gomule itself or a fancy excel sheet)
5. Plan untwinked sept
6. Get untwinked sept at least to NM act III (all 7).
7. Plan twinked, themed sept
8. Get twinked, themed sept at least through normal
9. Find a place for gaming desktop in new house. (Will probably play on my laptop for a bit.)
10. Teach daughters (who are 2,5 and 0,5 at the moment) to imitate atleast one barbarian warcry.
11. Participate in one tournament or other forum activity.

Progress
1. Completed as of yesterday. Really excited to get #5+7 done and #6+8 started now.
2. Still working on this. Pesky gloams! Stupid str-bugging. :cautious:
3. Finished.
4. Someone helped me with this last time I posted. I'll have to dig up that post so I can strike this from the list.
5. Very close to finished. I just need to figure out some last few details. (Feel free to help over here.)
6. Must be done after #5.
7. See #5. I also need to farm a few more runes (missing Gul from memory).
8. Must be done after #7.
9. Completed since around February.
10. I need to get #6+8 started so I can play some barbs, and remind myself of all the warcries. I have gotten my elder daughter to chant "wololoo" at times, which I feel is in the spirit of this goal (although perhaps not the forum).
11. I participated some in RFL21. Still, I would like to participate in a tournament as well before I strike this.

Last edited:
Progress.
1. Finished Guardian fishy & Patriarch fire/summon Druid. Kicksin (hopefully riftsin) in progress.

2. Started the three legged tourney chars...

But all my goals are on pause atm, because all my spare time is spent on D2R. :p

So new goals for the remainder of 2021.
- finish gearing up HC wolf barb; but upgrades via trades are only allowed for items ive already found. (Exception : wolfhowl)
- Farm my own Torch; Anni if im lucky.

Shall we roll you up something?

Please share the voice recording of a teaching session for #10!
Massively tempted, but I just don't have the time right now. I will follow the thread closely though, and dream of a day when I can join. I really think single pass untwinked would fit my playstyle well (but not my available time nor skill level I think). So thanks, but I really should not.
Besides, I am really keen on starting my three septs, and by the time I finish need a break from those there is probably some other fun tournament available.

Sure. I will do. ^^

This is a tough question for myself. Involves a bit of soul searching.

Some years ago I completed the self found grail and reached level 99 with my Schaeferdin.
Bought D2R out of curiosity expecting to play with it for a week or so then back to Season 24 in D3.
But you know, this game is getting it's hooks into me once again.

So;

1). Complete RW grail. This will be a big one. I have most of the low end ones but none/maybe one of the high ends with Sur/Cham/Jah/Ber/Zod.
2). Make a new character and get to Mat/Patriarch level 80+ with a build I have not made before. Not too hard given how many builds there are, just have to pick one.
3). Get a Hellfire torch. This wasn't enabled for Single player back then and it is now. See how I go solo with some of my characters. Already farming keys.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High