Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

A 40/15 is beautiful to look at, but honestly I wouldn't mind too much about waiting for the "perfect" opportunity to use it, assuming you're generally playing self-found SP. Even when trading, I'd probably rather trade it away for a good price rather than trading for a perfect item to use it on. In practical terms/gameplay-impact, there's pretty much zero difference between a 40/15 and a 37/15 for example.

That being said, I do always keep a minimum of 2 high-roll RJoFs just in case that juicy 3os eth Tomby ever shows up. :D

On topic, great to see people running and having fun, and thanks for all the results received so far! Some very nice non-qualifiers as well. :)

Hope I'll be able to wrap up my set this week. Not sure I'll be going for a second one, but should be able to complete 20h and at least run for another 5-10h or so before this ends.

Excited to see everyone's results. Looks like a lot of tasty non-qualifiers so far!

I'm about 13.5 hours in. My 20-year-old self from the .net forums is casting taunt at me but my resistances have grown higher over the years so not much effect.

Mephisto, the durance council, the super chest, and the armor rack have been very kind during my runs so far. Some more non-qualifiers include a 44 resist all sacred rondache, two 45 resist all kurast shields, nature's peace (will work nicely for key running with my java), ETH 190 ed HOZ, and a 5 resist all 8 life SC.

Runs are very consistent now. Merc survives 99/100 runs and council members are going down fast from blizzard with their group spawn. I've never approached running Mephisto like this so it's made running him feel "fresh". Whatever we gotta do make pulling that slot machine handle fun amirite?

Little update since last time, at 18:15:49, still no relay.

Runs 711-805 delivered:
- 1 plain Trainer's skiller;
- 2 facets (light up and fire die) making it 3 total from the Pits;
- 10 qualifiers, including one X+.

As of now, top 5 contains 3 runes and 2 uniques, with each area providing a top scorer, and it will be kept on the next upgrade - if it ever happen.

Honestly I'm already happy with the results, with SC grail now under 25 (27 in stashes, 3 at least in use on babies). If I ever get another big blue sacred grailer in the remaining hour+ it would be great enough.

Rich (BB code):
Last run: 805
Total drops logged: 80, incl. 18 non-qualifiers
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relay on runs
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    5       93, 490
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      2      244, 552
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   2      278, 588
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   1        422

Last edited:
So about 4hours in and got my first qualifier! I won't get skunked :)

I did some very slow cow and pit runs with my fishy and then decided to quest my meteorb sorc through hell. I have wanted to see all the new areas/graphics in D2R. So far the detail in the catacombs has been amazing (my reflection in the water what?!) and I really dig the ghost-like monsters look too. Unfortunately, my sorc and her merc are a little squishy and occulus keeps TPing me, not necessarily for the best. I am now deciding to farm countess for treachery runes (it would be a nice upgrade to boneflesh, he also could use a more hurty stick than his insight war scthye) and am debating about switching to spirit for more life. Currently, ancients pledge rares, and vipermagi round out the rest of the gear. I could swap her 3PT helm but then the MF would drop considerably. I am excited to see all the drops, and just enjoy being part of the group, thanks for putting this on!

@maxicek Score is correct, but time column can't work in Google sheet. My bet goes towards a "Now or Nothing when run number or item is set", that implies setting the valid time when entering the drop data, and having the Now being a default and somehow meaningless value...

However I tried and the count is valid! Not sure I'll go up to 1140+ qualifiers though ... ;-)

The important things are here, great work!

Chammed a steelshade so i could put fort on my trav necro's merc. And my, what a difference. Went from just over 26s runs to just over 23s runs. And somehow made them feel much more fun too. Maybe my new favorite trav runner? We'll see!

Almost 8 hours in, still running Pindle at players 3 exclusively. Drops are mediocre, but at least I am getting closer to level 93.

What really sucked, was that I accidently sold an 19 life/5 LR SC while gambling. At least it was not the Anni. :eek:

Alot of rare items, which could have been grailers for me though.

Happy running everyone!

All in one day

Screenshot053.png

Screenshot054.png

Screenshot055.png

Screenshot056.png

Screenshot057.png
/ISPOILER]

@ffs - Going to have to pull out of this one. Haven't had a chance to start yet and RL is looking like I won't be able to have any playtime before this finishes.

I'll just go ahead and assume I would have won the whole thing anyways (Wolfbarbs running Nihlathak are super good at high-octane item/rune-finding, right?), so this way at least other people get a chance at glory. ;)

--

As for the rest of you, GOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOOOOO!!!!

Set complete, results sent. ZerkAndDestroy failed in finding an upgrade in almost 300 runs.

There was hope...

Cows are nice to run, but this stretch wasn't so efficient, it was clearly the worst part, with the less reward per time invested. Having completed the Cow King's set still validates this session, but I guess LRS won't be back until RFL dedicated part...

Anyway, one drop was eventful, so... who knows, maybe a top 2 could be attainable? I fear the hidden double Zod drop...

Could go for another set, but well I'll be back now to D2R and trying to complete @Vang's VangKenstein journey before the end of the year.

Good luck to remaining runners!

Rich (BB code):
Last run: 880 (full), 881 (30sec, no qualifier drop)
Total drops logged: 91, incl. 18 non-qualifiers
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relay on runs
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    6       93, 490
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      2      244, 552
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   2      278, 588
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   1        422

Well, apparently my screenshots are not working...I guess this can be an issue with D2R. Got another qualifier and a map with the waypoint right next to the ancient tunnels. Tried some countess runs but didn't care for them too much and decided to quest more. Have the staff and amulet and now making my way down to arcane sanctuary. I have a lot of concerns for my character. The merc dies all the time and if I am not careful I teleport instead of casting meteor. I had one serious NDE when my health dropped from full bulb to 3 (seriously 3 HP...sphincter tone shot right up!) when I thought I was out of the range of a cold explosion from a conviction bug in the maggot liar. Currently, merc man has a vamp gaze, insight war scythe, and boneflesh. Also, might aura (I wanted a more efficient way of dealing with CI/FI, and thought would leech more) He has cost me a fortune so far in revives. Recommendations? Farm for treachery like I initially was planning or swap for defiance or HF? I did find my first 20 vita SC also had lightning resist for the 2nd mod which I thought was pretty useful. 14 hours more to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Vamp Gaze is great, but...

Getting your merc Treachery will make FAR more difference in his survival than swapping auras...and not just for fade and the IAS. His current setup lacks any hit recovery, so it will make his hit recovery 4 frames faster...

Also, leech is based on physical damage, make him a new insight in an elite base (preferably eth), he'll leech a lot more and kill mobs quicker, so he'll naturally survive better

WoRG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High