2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Extremely poor progress for me.
Farmed with my zealot for two hours without any qualifier.
Switched to my Frenzy Barb and completed 4 more hours but still...
Sounds very similar to my experience so far, lmao. Ive gone Zeal, Blizz and now back to Zeal and am at zero. But my time is still very low and I likely will come in well under the 20 hour mark again. But maybe I'll get the motivation to grind. I just am not feeling Trav right now.

I'm having a little problem remembering which of you evil people talked me into doing this RFL. Have no fear I'll figure it out and I will GET even. Oh, wait. Now I remember who it was, It was me. Maybe I can blame my wife as she is used to me simply saying it's all her fault.

At 9 hours I decided that slow down some and switched some of my gear to increase magic find (which hasn't helped). I'd just collect al the gold, gems and jewels and if I got to 15 hours that would be fine since I had doubts that I'd find another qualifier. Then I clicked normal instead of hell and spent some time finding a decent LK and Pit layout. At which point I almost quit for the night, but then at 9 1/2 hours came a second qualifier! I thought maybe now I would start getting lucky, but the last hour has been back to dismal.

Reactions: Zyr
Reached the half way mark at 10h.

Both quantity and quality is severely lacking when it comes to qualifiers. I'll join the complaining petition on that front.

Certainly not complaining re non-qualiifers, pretty useful drops. As for crafting materials, picked up 26 Ral, 126 FA, 91 FR, 28 Sol. Non-qualifiers and a couple of crafts:

Screenshot032.jpg

Screenshot020.jpgScreenshot023.jpgScreenshot025.jpg

Screenshot030.jpgScreenshot033.jpgScreenshot034.jpgScreenshot040.jpg

I like the 2/20 circlets in particular, both are better than what I had before for the respective class. The Barb craft ammy is also very good, although I'm not sure how/when it will be put to use.

So, 10h left to go.. still a challenge :D but we'll see!

Excellent trash talk/expectations-lowering @Gripphon Good to see you're at least in form on that front :p
My progress is terrible, did one more hour of running since the last time... I literally never had such a terrible luck before, full hour without a qualifier... my god what have I done to deserve this. In total 5 hours in already questioning my life meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: PhineasB and ffs
My progress is terrible, did one more hour of running since the last time... I literally never had such a terrible luck before, full hour without a qualifier... my god what have I done to deserve this. In total 5 hours in already questioning my life meaning.
Yeah man, I only got 4 qualifiers in 3 hours and stopped because of that. You told me that mod you sold me would give me at least 2 qualifiers per hour. I want my money back 😭😭😭

I have not retracted my official complaint on the Council, but I can now say, and then there were three. After going 7 1/2 hours before finding the first one I've now found one every two hours.

Reactions: Zyr
Well, apparently I'm not the only one suffering horrible rune luck, but I think I'm the only one with only 2 hours to go with no qualifiers... heck, my highest rune so far has been Ko....*grumble, grumble* #complaining

Good non-qualifiers, on the other hand, continue to drop regularly enough to keep me interested, though my Random Number Gremlin continues to troll me hard.... One item that I've been ISO for years now is 1 more blue colored max (40%ed) Ruby jewel of Fervor... those can drop in 1.08, and I was kinda hoping... so of course my RNG delivered a max (30%FR) Ruby jewel of Fervor, and yes, it's blue 😶

But then, to show me it still loves me, I guess, when I rolled a few resistance rings with gems that dropped that same run, my Random Number Gremlin did present unto me this:
RFL2022_2_108SoJwLR.jpg
All that and Nat's hat, too!
The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x45bd1545
+20 to Mana
Lightning Resist +30%
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Ummm... so apparently I'm simultaneously at the apex and nadir of item/rune luck currently... :unsure:

I think I'll see if I can wheedle/propitiate my random number gremlin into reversing the polarity *just for a while*
...say, during the next 2 hours of running...
...offerings will be made...
....and if I'm successful, you guys have absolutely NO chance MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

*Note: No, WoRG isn't crazy, but perhaps hours of repeatedly assaulting a stronghold of evil to murder it's denizens and then defile their corpses in search of lewt, as fast as possible 'No, faster... you're wasting too much time, HURRY!!!' and then not even getting what you're looking for maaaayy be having some... effect...*

:p

WoRG

Wow, time flies, only a couple more days to finish the round. Good luck to all the runners who are finishing sets, and please remember to send results as soon as you are finished running. I'm going to open up Round 3 sign up this evening or tomorrow am, so something to look forward to as you finish up your sets! (y)

Results sent.
I didn't craft and I didn't pick that many items to try and make the runs fast. We still have to pick many white items to be sure we don't leave the white runes on the ground, so 1.14 will always be faster.
I had no qualifiers until today, so it wasn't all for nothing.
Maybe I can get the second place, since Gripphon already got the first place.

Results sent as well. Pushed hard these last few days and eventually managed to finish my 20h set... ofc my eyes bled for nothing as rune drops were a complete disaster :D by far my worst result ever in Travincal.

At least non-qualifiers kept being OK:

Screenshot014.jpgScreenshot041.jpgScreenshot043.jpgScreenshot047.jpgScreenshot048.jpgScreenshot051.jpgScreenshot053.jpgScreenshot056.jpg

Results sent.
I only did 16 hours. Farming is not my thing. Got tired part way through and spent too much time working on my Bear.

Results sent as well. Pushed hard these last few days and eventually managed to finish my 20h set... ofc my eyes bled for nothing as rune drops were a complete disaster :D by far my worst result ever in Travincal.

At least non-qualifiers kept being OK:

Srsly, another eth Reaper's? I now must conclude you keep taking my drop :mad: :p

• Haha
Reactions: ffs
Results sent in. I also did not finish the full 20 hours as I've been playing other stuff too. I did manage to get 5 qualifiers at least.

I got some nice non-qualifiers too:
Q6usc.png
Q6ua1.png Q6ua1RS.png

Both are grailers. Also got another stack of Demon's Arch javelins, another stack of Warshrike daggers, another poison facet!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High