2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Alright SPF, time for the Round 2 sign up and running thread. With the current 4-days-off schedule, I'm posting this even though Round 1 isn't quite over. I'll update pieces below with Round 1 standings once those are posted.

What is RFL?
RFL stands for Rune Finding League. RFL is a free for all rune finding tournament that has three individual parts. You can participate for every three round or pick only one or two.

During this contest we farm runes in various areas during 3 weeks periods, with one week of rest and planning between each round. Players get points based on rarity of the rune (not its level) and at the end each player posts top 5 highest scored runes to get the final score.

For the first round we run Cow level, second is about running Travincal Council Members, and for the last round we run area of one own's choice.

When is RFL?
  • Round 1 (Cows): 0:00 Friday, March 11 through 23:59 Sunday, March 27 [Running] [Results]
  • Round 2 (Travincal): 0:00 Friday, April 1 through 23:59 Sunday, April 17
  • Round 3 (Areas): 0:00 Friday, April 22 through 23:59 Sunday, May 8
So, this second round starts on Friday 1 April at 0.00 and ends on Sunday 17 April at 23.59. Sign-up is open for each round until the end.

Standings after the first round
nulio [1.07] (10 pts)
WoRG [1.07 HC] (8 pts)
Excalibur (6 pts)
Gripphon (5 pts)
Babyhell (4 pts)
Vildecor (3 pts)
Nano (2 pts)
ffs (1 pt)

General Rules
These are rules that stand for all the three rounds. Specific rules for the second round are posted below

1. For each round, running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule to stash or in ATMA/GoMule, you can pause clock/counter/online stopwatch or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. You can play as many batches as you want.

2. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of the previous one.

3. Every batch is scored individually, and you will get points towards the league according to your best batch from each round.

4. Best batch is the one where your top 5 runes give the most scores. Scoring can be found below.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, but I assume people would like to see them anyway. You are encouraged to post your findings...

6. ... but only after each round is finished! Don't post your qualifiers when the round is still going. You are warmly welcome to discuss your other findings however. But remember: Don't post your qualifying runes!

7. Runes qualified (giving scores) are all Pul+ runes.

8. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get a higher score.

9. Versions allowed: 1.13-1.14 and D2R. Also version 1.07 is allowed, and this year, we're opening it up to 1.08 and 1.09, given that v1.07 has already been included, as discussed here.

Round 2 Rules
You can run Travincal Council members or Council members in Durance Lvl 3 only. Runes dropped by other monsters or poppables from Travincal or Durance Lvl 3 do not count.

Scoring
Scoring is based on rarity of runes, not level. System is the same as we had earlier during RFOs and Zodthon. Combine the points of the top 5 runes from your best batch each round.

Pul 3.4
Mal 5.0
Um 5.1
Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Vex 10.6
Sur 13.7
Lo 15.1
Jah 18.3
Ber 20.5
Cham 27.5
Zod 71.8 (not available for the 2nd round)

1.07:
Pul 19,3
Um 29,0
Mal 38,5
Ist 57,8
Gul 76,9
Vex 115,3
Ohm 152,4
Lo 228,7
Sur 307,0
Ber 460,5
Jo 613,5
Cham 920,2
Zod 736,5
1.08:
Same as 1.09 for Cows. See below.
1.09:
Pul 13,4
Um 20,1
Mal 26,7
Ist 40,1
Gul 53,4
Vex 80
Ohm 106,7
Lo 160
Sur 213,3
Ber 319,9
Jah 426,5
Cham 639,8
Zod 2559,1
If anyone wants to run v1.10a-v1.13a, let me know, and I can add those from art's calculations. Also, no worries if anyone wants to run two sets in a round, each in different versions. Just note that plan in the sign up thread.

Scoring towards the whole RFL:
After each round is done, you will get points toward the whole RFL depending your placement that round.

1st: 10 points
2nd: 8
3rd 6
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th 2
8th: 1

And remember, only your best batch from each round counts. While we crown every winner from each round, the biggest champion is of course the overall winner:

The Champion of the RFL is the player who has the most points given by placements total

In case of a tie after three rounds, the winner is the one with a higher scoring rune from Areas. If that is a tie as well, we check the Travincal, and then Cows. If all three are still the same, it's 2nd best from Areas etc.

Sending results
PM me your top 5 runes from your best batch. Please do this immediately after you have stopped running so that we can have results and standings after each round ASAP. Also PM me if you didn't run. Your PM should include: five runes, five scores, and the total score.

Example:

PhineasB
Zod 71.8
Cham 27.5
Lo 15.1
Lo 15.1
Ist 7.5
total: 137

After receiving your results, I'll make the results thread for each round. There you can brag about your runes, and also post screenshots of your top 5 runes, at least. This is not mandatory however. Claiming to have found 5 Zods may seem strange without screenshots though.

Prize
Eternal glory and the seal of approval from the Zod God.

Participants
-------------------------
art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07
Babyhell D2R
Jamie [1.14d ogD2]
Nano [D2R]

Please state IF you are running 1.07.

Please post if you have comments or suggestions. You are also warmly welcome to discuss your builds, running tactics, finds apart from qualifiers etc.! Everything regarding the tournament in general.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08, 1.09, or D2R.

Think I'll give this a whirl in 1.08 (pun intended)... maybe get some Mals for some deadly belts:D

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke

10 hours and I'm happy with time investment for sake of participating. I'm gonna roll with Blizzard sorc as usual, nailing 2k+ runs and see whatever it gives for a score.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon

This time I can use my Fanatic Zealot. If nothing spawns PI I can do 1:30 minute time without Enigma and with picking up all the money and any S&U items. I thinking everyone will be on Players 3?

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d

Whirlwind Barb supremacy checking in.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d

I could try to practice some more with my poison necros and my new zealot, but I'm pretty sure my old zerker will still be my most efficient trav runner, so I'll probably run all 20 hours with him.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon

I'll be coming back with my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress.

I did a little testing and it looks like she'll work:
181.png
From test run #1. Let's hope I don't need that later ...

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R

Eventually, are the Counclis of Durance LvL 3 allowed?
I know it would not be very efficient but I can't stand saving and repeating evey few seconds.
Travveling to Durance will help me get rid of that monotony.
Yes they are allowed because drop odds are the same. Sorry, I forgot to update that in the opening post. Will edit later today to reflect that.

Reactions: Excalibur
I am in! Not quite sure if I will have the determination to make a 20 hour set in Travincal.
Even though I like farming the Councils I just can't bare saving and repeating every few seconds.
Will start farming with my Zealot and perhaps my Frezny Barb in 1.14d and will close the set with my Blizzard in D2R.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
Hmm. Adding myself back to the sign up list ...

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]

It's nice to know that someone is afraid to face me! :p

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs

Hope I'll be able to play more in the second round!

Reactions: art_vandelay
art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor D2R

Will be running with my zealot again this year. I don't think he'll manage another double Cham set, but we'll see!

ffs confirmed to be the heavy favorite for the second round
Says the guy who has a perfect map and is looking for absolutely nothing in this game, casually going for sub-16s runs and picking up tons of runes and nothing else. :D

I have a good map but I will be picking up all kinds of crafting materials, rings, charms, jewels... so I don't expect much this time around, unless RNG feels generous. :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High