2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08, 1.09, or D2R.
-------------------------
art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor D2R
Kstil3227 D2R

I'll be running my new guardian UT Druid. Runs will be slower but he could use some nice runes. Ran about 20 runs yesterday and felt comfortable enough to run him.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor D2R
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor D2R
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07

I'm not sure if I'll play or not, but just in case!

Says the guy who has a perfect map and is looking for absolutely nothing in this game, casually going for sub-16s runs and picking up tons of runes and nothing else. :D

I have a good map but I will be picking up all kinds of crafting materials, rings, charms, jewels... so I don't expect much this time around, unless RNG feels generous. :)
500 Rals > 10 Guls 💪

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07

After doing some Trav test runs on the Zealot I moved over, I decided I'm better off running in 1.14d. My run times were averaging almost 8 seconds longer in D2R due to load times and needing to use Ctrl+V to input player settings. I respecced my Hammerdin to a Zealot and kitted him out with the proper gear. This will also help him gain some levels before I switch him back to a Hammerdin for Round 3 in the CS.

Let's see how much time I will have this time around... Maybe D2R for the beauty, but will my barb be geared nicely enough...well... Anyway, I won't have enough time to do so, so we may go with a running barb, probably not kept as a Singer, but ran as a whirler.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07
Babyhell D2R

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07
Babyhell D2R
Jamie [1.14d ogD2]

99% chance I will be using my Zealdin for Trav. He is already set up for it as I did some a month or so ago, so I won't have to move anything around. I don't use Enigma, I charge in and TP out. Does it save a lot of time by using Enigma instead? I like to run Trav on P5 instead of the P3 that is recommended, because of more drops and everything still melts about as fast from what I can tell.

I know Blizzard Sorc is supposed to be a good Trav runner and Blizz Sorc is BY FAR the character I've made the most, use the most and is my most comfortable character, but I tried her once on Trav and didn't like it. But I realized something, I don't think I've ran Trav with Infinity on my Blizz Sorc, which I usually use a Might Merc with Insight for mana or build him to kill quickly. Does Infinity cancel out the Cold Immunity in Trav? Maybe I should have tested that out, lol.

So my Zealdin, unless Infinity cancels out all Cold Immunes and I feel comfortable using Blizz Sorc.

@Jamie
Infinity does break immunities in Travincal and seriously speeds up running for sorc overall because of it. From time to time one of them spawns unbreakable

Initial tests with sorc show ~17.2 seconds runtimes on p5 which is 15.9s for p3
p3 running isn't comfortable sub 16 due to save times. So, I believe p5 it is for me.

Reactions: Jamie
Since complaing is supposed to work, I'm lodging an official complaint on the Travincal Council! For the past 5 weeks I've been runing Travincal 5 to 10 times a day and the best rune I've found has been a Ko. Not only have they been very stingy with the runes, but the S&U drops have really decreased significantly. The only decent item I've found has been an etheral Titans. You guys better get your act together in the next week!

While I'm complaining I also want to complain about the LK super chests. I do an LK run after each Trav run and in the same 5 weeks the 6 superchests have produced a Lem. Not fair!

Seriously, I realize that I'm I'm just looking at a short term window and that things will even out eventually. On the other side of the ledger, I've been popping between a half and 2/3 of the LK chests and in those same 5 weeks have an Ohm, a Sur and the following uniques : Shako, Arreats, Demonhorn's Edge, Pelta Lunata and Stormshield. Also, three skillers. So, while the superchests have under performed the other chests have over performed.

Reactions: Zyr
@Gripphon I'm surprised I never tried to see if Infinity on Blizz Sorc would break the Cold Immune character in Travincle that I always used to have the Merc Kill! I guess I may have not tried it since I made Infinity and put it on my Javazon permanently!

EDIT: Okay, wow. I have a full LK setup on my Blizzer currently, so the gear is very poor as far as life, mana regeneration, resists and damage. It is pure FCR stuff. I went in on P3 Hell and swapped out Insight for Infinity on the Blizzer and she wrecked the Council!

I can't believe I was dumb enough to think hearing that Blizz Sorces are good at Trav, without it having something to do with Infinity. I was like why would I want to Blizzard my way and then static/Merc kill any cold immunes?! Takes forever, lmao! But I've had a couple hard drive restarts before I backed up my stuff and probably didn't have an Infinity to try and never really used Infinity on my Blizzard Sorc even since I made it.

I always keep it on my Javazon and use Insight on my Blizzard Sorc usually and I have good enough gear my Blizzer can do everywhere but maybe Pits/Shenk/Eldritch realistically on 8 Player Settings and have no issues at all. Now I wonder if I should try using Infinity on a Blizzard Sorc in some sutuations, obviously Trav, but maybe others she'd benefit from too? So long Mana isn't a big issue, which it might not be with the gear I use.

I'm sure my time will be much longer with Blizzer OR Zealer than your 16-18 second runs lmao, but with fast teleport, I'm thinking Infinity Blizzer will be much faster now for me personally, than using my Grief/Fort Zealdin who charges in, with a Eth Reaper's Toll Merc/ Steelshade/Treachery for survival and physical breaking+more damage.

Last edited:
@PhineasB Okay thanks! I am familiar with the game and all of the areas and stuff, I just wanted to make sure I completely understood the rules of this event. This is my first time participating. Does everyone share where they are hunting before round 3 starts, or is that a secret, lol?

I didn't think of targeting the ones in Durance Level 3, although I don't imagine that would be too efficient.

The main thing I need to know outside of now knowing that I can't count chests or poppables, is the following:

So did that mean I was allowed to do WSK2+WSK3+Baal's Room with the waves? Or I could do the Pits Level 1+2? Or Pindle+Halls of Anguish+Halls of Pain? Or Shenk+Eldritch and the minions around them?

Or do I need to stick to one level, like only CS, only Pindleskin and the first room he is in or only Arcane Sanctuary?

Basically, do I need it to be one room name or can I combine several area levels into each run, such as WSK2 WP and everything through Baal's Waves/Baal himself?

ALSO, I pick one area and stick with it the whole time, right? Or are you allowed to pick different areas mid session OR pick a new area AFTER a session OR do you pick one area and stick with it the whole time, even if I do more than one session? Like can I do CS and then Arcane Sancuary in two separate 20 hour sessions OR split them in single sessions(I'd guess not in the split session, but probably yes if I start a new session?)

So I need to know:

#1 If it is one room or a series of rooms in a run that is allowed. (WSK2+3+Baal's Waves allowed or NOT allowed, for example? Pindleskin+Halls of Anguish+Halls of Pain, for another example?
OR would I be forced to run ONLY WSK level 2 and no other levels or ONLY Pindleskin and his minions and not the Halls of Anguish or Pain in the same run, for another example? So stringing together a series of levels in the runs that I am doing, allowed or not allowed?)

#2 If I have to keep to the same place during one entire session. (Is switching from Arcane Sanctuary to CS 10 hours through a session, to create 20 hours total with it split in half with two completely separate areas, allowed or NOT allowed, for example?)

#3 And if can I switch rooms if I decide to do a second session in round 3, assuming you must only do one area per session from my previous question. (Once I finish 20 hours of doing soley CS and the session is completed, can I then decide to do Arcane Sanctuary for a seperate 20 hour session, for example?) This would only apply if the answer to question #2 was you have to stay in one area during the entire 20 hour session in round #3, otherwise I assume you can switch areas whenever you want.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANSWERS TO 1-3! ANYONE WHO CAN ANWER, I'D BE MUCH ABLIGED! WANNA FOLLOW DEM RULES, STARTING TONIGHT!

WSK2-3 and Baal's first room have ghost type of monsters too, don;t they? Along with CS as well, which was what I always considered the best spot after LK-Trav and maybe Cows. Although I have had great luck doing Pindkeskin and the Halls of Anguish/Pain down below Pindle since 1.10 has came out, as far as Runes, RW Bases and finding many of the best Uniques down there(several DFathom, Griffon's, Sacred Armor(Templar's, I dont think Tyreal's can spawn there)) and many others. Although the Golden Chests are a big part of the Rune drops and I now know I can't use Golden or Super Chests.

@Jamie - for Round 3, you can run any area you want, except for Cows, Trav and LK, and you can switch up targets and characters throughout the 20-hour set. The most important thing is that once you start a set, you must finish the 20 hours, even if you switch up characters or targets.

But it's worth noting that running multiple areas and targets likely will not lead to best odds of rune drops, especially if e.g., spending time on waves and Baal or Pindle. They can, of course, drop a great rune, but the odds are lower per time spent than the top targets. I note this while also noting that the most important thing is to have fun and do something that will be engaging for 20 hours. I have used my untwinked 99ers in prior RFLs, so definitely not the most rune-efficient options, but that's what allowed me to stay engaged for a full set.

Good luck everyone! It's Friday in most of the world already, so hopefully the runes are dropping (y)

Reactions: Jamie
Not sure if I will run but signing up just in case.

art_vandelay
WoRG 1.08
m4ke
Gripphon
LouB 1.14d
Silvio415 1.14d
Swamigoon
HanShotFirst D2R
Excalibur [1.14d & D2R]
ffs
Vildecor
Kstil3227 D2R
maxicek
nulio 1.07
Babyhell D2R
Jamie [1.14d ogD2]
Nano [D2R]

Hurricane-Syd found some upgrades while running LK (502 runs so far). Got Vex + Pul so that made a HoTo. Also found Duriel's Shell out of a pop able so that replaced Griswold's armor after I leveled to 87 in Chaos to get 10 more STR points to keep Spirit on the shield. Ran 10 more practice runs in Trav and got the run times to about 1:20 on a great run and 1:50 if the merc dies or the spawn has a physical immune in it. Pretty solid I feel like for an HC UT-Wind druid. Hoping to find Ist+Ohm for CtA or get super lucky for a JAH or Ber to go towards Enigma.

Go luck to all the runners (especially myself!) HAHA, stay safe and happy hunting when the round starts tomorrow or tonight for some.

PS--the council all spawn at the steps and entrance, so most times they all coming running down into the tornadoes to start. Then a quick tele in to get the remaining 2-3 left by the durance entrance. I got a good LK map so I'll take this spawn for trav instead of re-rolling for a better one.

GOOD LUCK!

After doing a very short period of time on my Zealdin, timing him and seeing people doing <20 second runs, which I know isn't possible for me no matter what lol, I think I am going to switch all my LK gear off of my Blizzer and fit her up for Trav with the Infinity moved from my Javazon over to her for now. Even with garbage, 200+FCR gear on her and testing out Infinity to see what it did to their resistances, I think those runs were much faster than my Zealdin runs.

I've always just done Trav with my Zealdin because I like to play him and without switching Enigma over to him, he doesn't have a whole lot of areas where he isn't underpowered compared to my other characters. I could move Enigma to him, but I still think Blizzard would fare better for a timed tournament and maybe I won't use CtA precast(+HS when using Zealdin) that seems to waste a good chunk of the time.

If people are hitting close to 15 second runs, I am embarassed at my times LOL. But I also haven't gotten into the habit of ignoring gold completely and the magics like Monarchs, Amazon Javs and others I usually like to pick up. I still think the Blizzer geared out is going to probably cut my runs AT LEAST in half.

@Excalibur How do you pull of the Durance Council runs? Do you run Trav and that in one run? Or do you find a map with a close Level 3, kill them all in there and go through the portal and leave? What is the timing like compared to a normal Trav run?

I wonder if I'd be faster at doing it that way with the portal being so convenient. I feel like I lose a lot of time getting back to A4 doing Trav Runs.

I assume TP and going to A4 is the fastest way to do Trav? Or am I dumb and should be sticking to A3? I've done all these runs and stuff, I've just never been a speed player. So I've never spent time trying to shave seconds by checking all of this stuff.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High