2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Tracking my progress with xp gained. 4 hours in, 852.6 full clear p5 runs as per xp which results in 16.89s average p5, which is comparable to 15.62s p3 running. 5 qualifiers so far. Can't complain, it is mostly at expected farming pace. Started to pick some rare rings too. So far no useful small charm nor unique things, although one Wisp has dropped.

I've started, but didn't get much running done at all this weekend... the wife got spring fever last week, so the weekend was spent fixing the mower, mulching the garden, raking leaves and sticks up, fixing the tiller, tilling the garden, and then playing with rotten stuff and poop (composting and fertilizing... we got bunnies last year and its amazing how much they poop, but the wife swears it will really help her garden...)

But I did manage to get Dervish set up for 1.08 council running... I had anticipated it being harder than 1.07, due to the changes in Crushing Blow and Amp not breaking PI, but I'm finding they don't spawn PI as much as in 1.07, and zerk works quite well when they do... also not getting nearly as many nasty multi-aura spawns, auras seem not to spawn as frequently... runs are very fast and safe (it's /p1, no /players command in 1.08... at least Hork is a /p7 drop)

So only about 2½ hours in so far... no qualifier, in fact very few runes at all... Officially complaining, c'mon RNG!

Charms have sucked too, especially coming off 1.07 last round.... Jewels have been nice though... 1.08 upgrades their affixes to modern (except for 'of Envy', it still has a variable roll for poison damage), and rare jewels can get 6 affixes!! I horked this gorgeous rare off Stinky (Toorc):
RFL2022_2_StormTalisman.jpg

But my favorite drop so far is a unique amulet that's only available in 1.08... I had planned to run for one of these anyway at some point, so it was really awesome to get it so quickly and effortlessly!
RFL2022_2_108HLW.jpg

WoRG

@WoRG Um, that jewel is absolutely absurd, LOL! What would you personally value it in runes?

Also, how often do you think Rare Jewels drop in 1.08 and how often do you actually see 6 mods on it? This one is insane, but I'm trying to think of just how insane you could get...

Hmmm... really not very good at the whole valuation thing...

Jewels drop a lot more in 1.08, but in 1.07, MF works and council drops a lot more rares, so rare jewels are rare, but not exceedingly so... council still drops rare pretty frequently... rare jewels seem to get 4-6 mods, although often +maxdam pre&suffixes or +mindam pre&suffixes will stack, making it look like it has fewer mods...

WoRG

Reactions: Jamie
Hmmm... really not very good at the whole valuation thing...

Jewels drop a lot more in 1.08, but in 1.07, MF works and council drops a lot more rares, so rare jewels are rare, but not exceedingly so... council still drops rare pretty frequently... rare jewels seem to get 4-6 mods, although often +maxdam pre&suffixes or +mindam pre&suffixes will stack, making it look like it has fewer mods...

WoRG
I'm not sure if there is a MLD scene on here and if there is, whether it is capped at 45/49 or what level exactly. But either way, that jewel being level 49 req is just another bonus. I'm trying to think what it would go good with. A Rare, Visionary, +2/+3Bo/+3X, Life, 2 socketed Rare Barb Helm, Upp'd Arreats, 1.08 Stormshield or regular Stormshield perhaps? Possibly some other elite, high defense rares like ethereal Armors or Helms that have replenish durability, FHR, Life, other good mods and 2 sockets. A high defense eth/rep dur Shield with 30/20/17, all res, other mods, 2os if MLD at level 49 is a thing.

Pretty sweet anyway. Post if you find a usage for it!

And, it looks like I'm first to report hitting 20 hours ...
... again ...

I went all D2R with my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress. I opted to go player 3, because, it just felt right ;) . It would be interesting to do 20 hours now at players 5, and compare the results. But, right now, I'm feeling like it would be more interesting to go continue playing my HC untwinked Bone Necro. So, I guess this is going to do it for me, for Round #2.

I scored 15 qualifiers. They came at:

1 hour and 37 minutes
2 hours and 57 minutes
3 hours and 20 minutes
3 hours and 58 minutes
5 hours and 57 minutes
6 hours and 40 minutes
8 hours and 15 minutes
9 hours and 02 minutes
9 hours and 06 minutes
10 hours and 08 minutes
11 hours and 15 minutes
14 hours and 31 minutes
14 hours and 33 minutes
15 hours and 14 minutes
19 hours and 33 minutes

So, pretty steady progress. Things got slow at the end, but the find at 19 hours and 33 minutes made me feel better, even though it didn't make the top five ...

Other than runes, there weren't many drops of interest. I suppose here's what would pass for my top picks:

216.png
That's the best Hone Sundan I've found so far in D2R.

217.png
I tried to avoid picking up too many rares, but sometimes I just couldn't help it. I thought this sword was pretty cool. It beats out the 'war sword' set/uniques, and does have a neat red appearance. So, it might just end up on a themed character one day!

218.png
And the gambling of rings continued. This one stood out as I am always on the lookout for 'caster' rings with fire resistance to fill the gap created by a Spirit Shield. FCR, mana, resists, I like it.

So, that's all for me, for Round #2! Good luck* to everyone still running!
(*But, you know, not too good. I do want to get some points out of one of these rounds. :p )

Well, of course you're first... it is in your name, after all (and you also even have a trophy for such...) :p

I'm just shy of halfway, and am officially and loudly complaining about qualifiers... or rather the complete lack of them. Non-qualifiers have been pretty good overall, I got a 2nd 1.08 HLW amulet, and even this:
2022RFL_2_108shako.jpg

But I thought 1.08 Shako had the mana/lvl that was missing on 1.07 Shako... that's a disappointment :(
2022RFL_2_108shako_inv.jpg

Charms have been pretty disappointing too, 1.07 is much better for them... Jewels have been nice, got a few more rare ones, not as good as the one I showed before, but nice...

But I'm coming to believe that my RNG is actively trolling me... I basically need 3 items in 1.07 to complete the grail there: Bane Ash unique staff, Corpsemourn unique armor, and Naj's Puzzler... well, 1.08 council has now provided me with Bane Ash, Corpsemourn, and Naj's Puzzler... they can't even drop the latter 2 in 1.07!!!

RFL2022_2_NajsPuzzler.jpg

At this point I've run 1.07 hell Andariel almost 20k trying for a Bane Ash (got both eth Knell Striker and eth Torch of Iro in the process...), and I pretty much only run areas in 1.07 that can drop Naj's Puzzler and Corpsemourn (I could rack the armor, but figured why do that until I got the Puzzler... it might drop first and save me the trouble) Now I've gotten all 3 in 1.08... I may call it good on the other 2 items, but 1.07 Puzzler is a completely different item, so I'll definitely still need one of those in 1.07....

Edit: finally got a nice SC, and had a Ko drop, which resulted in this excellent greater safety crafted ring:
RFL2022_2_GSring.jpg

WoRG

Last edited:
Almost at the halfway point now and I've only found 3 qualifiers. I'm not impressed with the quality of them either. This is me making an official complaint so that my luck will turn around.

I've started running only yesterday, gonna be a close one yet again. :D But with a short work week and public holiday on Friday, I have hopes that I'll be able to finish a 20h set this time.

Only 1.5 hours in and no qualifiers nor any interesting non-qualifers so far...

Been running Blizzard Sorc in 1.14. Unfortunately I've been running into S&E lag issues here as well, so I've decided to take it easy and play rather casually. Apart from crafting materials and charms, I also pick up a decent amount of gold here and there in order to gamble things like circlets, jewelry and claws. Pretty sure runs are at least 3 seconds slower than my previous pace which was around 16.5s per run.

Reactions: Pb_pal and PhineasB
Some juicy non-qualifiers showing up.

Screenshot010.jpg

Now I only need a +5 LS claw with 2 sockets. ;)

Screenshot009.jpg

Adding to an already nice fire skiller collection.

Couple of other drops:
Screenshot007.jpgScreenshot011.jpgScreenshot012.jpg

Arrghh!! Just shy of 16 hours, and still no qualifiers :mad:... not even complaining has helped :mad::mad:...
Guess I'm depending on some final stretch RNG here... it'd be nice to at least have 1 qualifier

If it weren't for some good non-qualifiers, motivation would be about non-existent right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll finish the set by the weekend....

I did get a really great elemental skiller from Toorc (I think...it had to be one of the bosses, the minions are only mlvl90, so a grand charm dropped by one of them couldn't spawn that level of the 'of Vita' suffix)
RFL2022_2_NGCoV.jpg
Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 83
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x5d9d6df2
+45 to Life
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

I also got a maximal mana/mf SC and a decent Fine SC w/5frw:
RFL2022_2_SSCoGL.jpg
RFL2022_2_FSCoI.jpg
Serpent's Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x2d8c29f0
+17 to Mana
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x5055ca0d
+20 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
5% Faster Run/Walk

Lots of jewels, which is always nice... too bad I'm not getting more crafting runes to use them with :mad:
Several more rare jewels, one of which was awesome (max +mindamage!!)
RFL2022_2_WraithWhorl.jpgRFL2022_2_AJoF.jpg
Wraith Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x53b1887a
+8 to Strength
+68 to Attack Rating
+18 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-98 lightning damage
+1 to Light Radius

Argent Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0x9152b1f
+99 to Attack Rating
15% Increased Attack Speed

Finally, got a Stealskull, and noticed that 1.07/1.08 Stealskull is different enough to possibly be interesting, with cast rate and mana instead of IAS and MF:
RFL2022_2_108Stealskull.jpg
Stealskull
Casque
Defense: 99
Durability: 16 of 24
Required Strength: 59
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x7d02af5a
+35 Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
10% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Faster Cast Rate
+0 to Mana (0.5 per Character Level)

WoRG

Finished up the batch with the wind druid last night...3 qualifiers out of 20 hours...but he only ran 753 runs...so I guess that's about normal for that amount?? Idk...Pul= every 188, Um+ every 237 and Vex+ every 572 runs says the rune finding guide...so I guess I ran about average...oh well. 3 more runes he has now compared to the start.

I took some breaks with Syd to farm pits/tunnels/Eldritch and Shenk for Full Rejuvs when his stash went out. I farmed 50 rejuvs and then back to trav. All in all Syd went from level 88 to 92 in this process over the past 2 weeks. I'm done with trav for awhile...back to LK or Chaos with Syd, but I'll take a break from him to level up a FoH pally in the new patch. I will probably pick him back up for round 3 unless the Pally is leveled to Chaos in time.

Best non-qualifier drops

Viper--Run 104
Mara's--Run 308
Stormshield--Run 374
HoZ--Run 397
RavenFrost--Run 674
139 Def. Shako--Run 711
Treks--Run 727

Screenshots
Screenshot194.png
Screenshot198.png
Screenshot200.png