[2004] Mastery Sorc Tourney [by Uzziah]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Hrus on Sep 17, 2004. The last post was made Jan 14, 2012.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mastery Sorc Tourney

Let the games begin.

I am setting up a tourney where you will have the chance to win several unique/set items. Your only requirement to join is that you provide an item of interest for the winners. This item must be of use to a diablo player and must have a reason why it is worthwhile to win. Sorry runes and gems will not be considered a worthwhile item.

Rules.

1. You must build the following build

A Sorc with

20 fire mastery
20 lightning mastery
20 cold mastery
20 warmth

2. You must state your item for the tourney and it must be an item that you will give up to the winner.

3. The winner will be the one who beats Baal (nightmare) at the lowest clvl, experience will be the second determining value.

4. There will be no muling onto the character, though any item can be muled off.

5. You are allowed to give any two (2) items to the sorc so long as they contain either a ctc (chance to cast) or charged skill affix. This one time gift is to be given prior to starting the character.

6. Any in game feature or bug can be used and abused as needed to get to the goal.

7. Outlawed cheats include mapseed, act5, maphack (of course), and any game other game altering cheats as stated in the FAQ for the SPForum.

8. There is no limit to the number of runs one can do.

9. All waypoints should be gathered during your questing. This includes the halls of the dead act 2 in nightmare, and the hall of pain.

10. All quest shall be completed.

11. No Multi playing with the sorc.

Entrants please give the following info:

What item will you give for entering this tourney.
Your entrants name.
Your two beginning items of choice and their stats.

As always enjoy and have fun. I will be entering this tourney as soon as my elemental tree only druid is complete. Hopefully October 3rd.

I will be offering a Leaf runeworded staff with atleast a +1 enchant staffmod and possible other staffmods.

Mastery_Sorc

My items will be a Hexfire (unique sword with charges of hydra) and I will have to look up the stats on the crafted chain gloves created by “Passiveâ€.

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

Its been ages since ive been in a tourny so i guess i'll have a go at this one.

The item i'll put is a blackthorns face.

im neglecting the 2 items to give to her cause im to slack to look for any. i might have a look this afternoon when im not feeling last nights effects.

Let the adventures of Mental_master begin.
This is an item that I know I'm never going to use, but it's rare enough to be a reason to win. :D I was going to put this in my giveaway post, but decided that only someone deserving should receive it. So I won't be joining, but I'll throw this in the prize bin:

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 83 to 215
Two-Hand Damage: 192 to 381
Required Dexterity: 110
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 81
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x7c406982
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+80 to Life
+232% Enhanced Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
Indestructible
+2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

:yep:
Thats a great prize to offer summoned.

Well to add to the grandfather and also not to look to out done :lol: i shall through in my spare

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 415
Durability: 38 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 75
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x8bee0ebc
+195% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 1 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking

hopefully these items will lure in the crowd
Uhm so for the first 29 lvls you're only able to spend pts into Warmth? And then 60pts spent into worthless masteries when they don't affect your only skill? So basically a melee Sorc w/ wasted points and unable to MP? Sounds pretty pointless imo...

--Pyrce
Pyrce said:
Uhm so for the first 29 lvls you're only able to spend pts into Warmth? And then 60pts spent into worthless masteries when they don't affect your only skill? So basically a melee Sorc w/ wasted points and unable to MP? Sounds pretty pointless imo...

--Pyrce
Sir I will have you know that a firewall with damage over 1000 per second is easily obtained. Any staffmod can be used for providing a skill to use. Believe me when I say that some one could get to Hell and maybe even most of the way thru Hell with this build. By abusing some features in the game you should be able to deal enough damage to make it through Hell. A slvl 20 frozen orb should be obtainable as any other skill would be able to get up to the 20's in level. You just need to think of how to play.

Thanks for the offers to boost the loot pile I will not accept them until there are atleast 5 entrants just to be fair to you guys with your generosity.

current entrants = 1

Mastery_Sorc, Uzziah
Mental_Master, Eagle Eye
Sometimes I wish I could have level 29 (oops) Warmth.

I am strongly considering entering this tourney...I've only got four Exceptional Uniques though, and I'm wearing two of them...is a Meat Scraper worthwhile? It certainly sounds very challenging...
Pyrce said:

--Pyrce
I don't have the time (or skill ;) ) to enter this one, but must comment.

Some tourneys require you to think outside the box - no uberness involved - and challenge you to come up with a way to kick a$$ anyway. This kind of contest brings out the skilled players - not just the ones who can follow cookie-cutter guides and twink mindlessly. (I didn't intend that as an insult to you Pyrce.)
JicamaEater said:

I am strongly considering entering this tourney...I've only got four Exceptional Uniques though, and I'm wearing two of them...is a Meat Scraper worthwhile? It certainly sounds very challenging...
I am only offering a leaf runeword a cheap item at the most the fact I will find an enchant staffmodded staff for it is the only reason its of value. a "cracked sash" is valued in some circles here. Other valued items could include ilvl 3 uniques I placed the worthwhile statement in there so that jewels with +2 mana are not a provided item and that the stash for the winner would have some value.

let me know your characters name if you wish to enter.
JicamaEater said:

I am only offering a leaf runeword a cheap item at the most the fact I will find an enchant staffmodded staff for it is the only reason its of value. a "cracked sash" is valued in some circles here. Other valued items could include ilvl 3 uniques I placed the worthwhile statement in there so that jewels with +2 mana are not a provided item and that the stash for the winner would have some value.

let me know your characters name if you wish to enter.

Edit:
I have looked through my stash and have decided I want to start with these two items

ring of fire bolt
level 2 fire bolt (25/25 charges)

Snake's ring of ice blast
level 1 ice blast (22/22 charges)
+9 mana

Mastery_Sorc has started.
Pyrce said:

--Pyrce
I wouldn't say that. It more or less goes with the melee-sorc build anyway. Get need to get your hands on an enchant staff and you're good to go.

I need to ask a stupid question. Is this in SC or HC?

I'll post my "offical" entry when I get home to check my stash on what to contribute.
sunbearie said:
I need to ask a stupid question. Is this in SC or HC?

I'll post my "offical" entry when I get home to check my stash on what to contribute.
SC is perfectly exceptable because of the difficulty of the build required.

You could play this as any type of sorc you wanted to just need to find the right equipment and be smart about it. Though having 20 synergy for inferno and enchant is quite nice. 👍
so . . .

you're not allowed to put in points in actual damaging skills?
so, the only way you'll be able to do damage is with items that have +skills on them?
am i getting it right?
and those people who are offering the grandfather, was it found in hc or sc?
Im playing my build in HC but im still up for challenging all those who want to do it SC.

The reapers toll is HC for those curious.
Mordalles said:
so . . .

you're not allowed to put in points in actual damaging skills?
so, the only way you'll be able to do damage is with items that have +skills on them?
am i getting it right?
That is correct only staff mods the +skills will allow for greater damage and its one of the ways to get a damaging skill. Mind you not the only way.

The contest is in SC but HC can be played as well. The leaf staff I offer is in SC.

Mastery_Sorc clvl 6 in search of Cain act 1 normal.
Mordalles said:
Well, considering that the furthest I've ever taken a HC character was to the Dark Wood of hell, I don't think I could have possibly found it. :lol:
The reason I asked was simply cos I haven't got any items in HC :) In that case, I offer a special package of charms, all SC

Grand Charms:
Cold resist 29%
Fire resist 28%
+119ar/12%FHR
1 choice of skill charm (necro: poison, summoning, druid: elemental, zon: passive, jav, pally: def)

So my entry:

CrazyBoobie lvl 1 sorc, untwinked.
Just an update:

CrazyBoobies lvl 8:
Last Quest completed: Countess
Last waypt: Black Marsh

Thats it for the whole week :)
i might not have time to play for awhile, and when i play i play ALOT it shouldnt be a problem, damn sacred taking up some of my time, cause i still gotta figure out if i like it or not (like 10 hours of play in, ~1-2 hrs for each class, and i still dont know if i like it or not o_O)

to increase the prize pool, ill toss in a gimmershred, and my extra homonc
Just to give an update and state that I only have 3 entrants entered.

Uzziah - Mastery_Sorc, clvl 8 ISO countess
Sunbearie - CrazyBoobie, clvl 8 countess complete
Eagle Eye - Mental Master, clvl 1 no further update

If I missed anyone please let me know

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High