Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Happy anniversary Moar.

Crispy duck is GREAT when done right. Not sure how they overcooked it and still didn't get it crispy though!

And yes, nice customer service is a rare thing. :)

It is actually surprisingly easy. My guess is they didn't render it long enough in the pan and then cooked it in the oven for too long so that it was no longer pink. Was it duck breast or whole duck. All this talk about duck is making me hungry, I might go and buy one from the market today.

Terminal velocity doesn't have anything to do with what it takes to kill someone.

It's my wife's fault I got to bed late.

luckystegs

Pessimistician has impressed me with the details of his plot to murder kegs in bed :yes:

Here's a question that those slackers in the OTF failed to answer about four years again. (No, that is not too long to hold a question-asking related grudge).

If I want to drink a cup of coffee with milk in it (cafe con leche or cafe au lait) as soon as possible without scalding myself, should I:

1. Put the cold milk in straight away and then wait for the drink to cool down.
2. Wait for the drink to cool down a while before adding the cold milk.

A mass with higher temperature than ambient will cool at a rate known as Newton's Cooling Curve, which IIRC, is an exponential function, something like x to the five-fourths power. Being a positive exponential, greater than one, it is obvious to me that the rate of cooling will slow over time. Thus it seems evident to me that your drink will be at a cooler temperature after, say, five minutes if you add the cold milk at the end of the five minute interval compared to adding the cold milk at the beginning of the interval.

Can someone please review this and provide expert advice? As I say, those OTF'ers were very wooly-headed about the issue.

In the interests of full disclosure, I originally asked the OTF a similar question about a cup of tea - what a mistake to make! Blah-blah-earl grey blah blah warm the tea pot blah blah loose leaf blah blah tea bags blah blah ... seriously, stfu about lapsang souchong already. :yes:

Temperature loss due to radiation is proportional to the temp difference to the power of 4 iirc. It would be better to let the coffee loose heat before adding the milk. If you can give me start temperature and desired temperature I could probably work out how long before you need to add milk.

Alternatively, just make the coffee slightly stronger then you would like, then add an icecube.

Alternatively alternatively, just drink your coffee scalding hot like a man!

Cakes doesn't just win the thread, he wins the whole site. Excellent.

Aches after exercising are indeed annoying

Last tuesday I helped a friend with maths and today I heard that she passed the test :)

I found a skorn like the day after they released it (d3) and sold it for like 300 million (a lot)

I found a skorn like the day after they released it (d3) and sold it for like 300 million (a lot)

I think it was actually our first run post patch.

Hadn't seen it until just then, and XD. He is such an *** in this MV. Funny clip, but won't take off nearly as much as Gangnam Style.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High