So, my computer died. Sorry friends.

logoutzero

Nov 9, 2005
Well, the power line coming into my house broke last night. More accurately, the neutral line (ground) split in two, so I had unthrottled and ungrounded electricity coming into the house for about 30-40 seconds last night before I could get the breakers switched off. My computer, sound system, and coffee pot are all dead, they were shooting lightning out and caught on fire...

I haven't had a chance to see if my hard drive remains in tact, but, there goes my current D2 career.

Phar, I know I owe you a CtA from when my Sorc died, and I have you CoH in my stash on my hard drive, which is probably dead.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I wanted to let you guys know I will probably not be playing much for a little while. The cesarean is scheduled for 30 May anyway, so in a couple weeks we'll have a newborn in the house anyway.

Well, that's about it for now. Have fun friends, money is so tight right now, I won't be able to get a computer for a long time. I might start fresh on this laptop, I dunno. I'm pretty messed up about everything right now.

Aw, that stinks!

Hope you can get your HD working someday, and good luck with the new baby.

Try and at least find out if the HD is dead. You'd be amazed what you can salvage if you attach it as a slave to another machine.

Aw, that stinks!

Welcome to the SPF, where we have our priorities straight. "Oh my god, are teh itamz alright?! ... Also, good luck with that offspring thing." :badteeth:

Anyway, I wish you the best on both accounts, too, I'm also willing to bet that if the SPF hasn't changed too much since I've last been here people will band together to replace the things you've lost. I'd pitch in but I'm tainted, as it were. :3

yeah listen to thy or she'll ban you!

Don't worry about the CoH, Krupa made that and giebed it to me for free.

If all is lost then maybe you'll enjoy a (short) break from D2 and can focus on getting stuff irl to where you want them

good luck!

edit: the CtA was made by solar, too :p

Aw, that stinks!

Thank you sir. My dad has some super secret squirrel stuff at his work, he can even pull info off of discs that have been microwaved! I'm sure I could bring him lunch one day and be like "Oh, since I'm here..." LOL

Sorry to hear that :( You'll still use Hamchi right? I need somebody to prod :D

I'll still be on Hamachi. I can't stay away from D2 very long, so I'll probably just start over on this laptop.

Try and at least find out if the HD is dead. You'd be amazed what you can salvage if you attach it as a slave to another machine.

I'm actually pretty sure the HD is still okay, just a matter of getting access to another machine to read it. My laptop certainly can't unless I go buy a Serial/USB adapter, they even have ones out now that allow you to run an external HD via USB at BUS speed! Incredible!

Welcome to the SPF, where we have our priorities straight. "Oh my god, are teh itamz alright?! ... Also, good luck with that offspring thing." :badteeth:

Anyway, I wish you the best on both accounts, too, I'm also willing to bet that if the SPF hasn't changed too much since I've last been here people will band together to replace the things you've lost. I'd pitch in but I'm tainted, as it were. :3

Heh. Isn't the SPF great?

I know this is true of at least the Hamachi group. If anyone has doubles of anything, they usually give with no strings attached. I've even been known to give out my only copies to help some returnee's who have nothing. I'm not too concerned, if I come back, it'll take me a few days to get a Fishymancer (heh, what a coincidence!) into a position to start farming. Not hard.

If all is lost then maybe you'll enjoy a (short) break from D2 and can focus on getting stuff irl to where you want them

good luck!

Eh, even a free CoH is still a CoH. I'll repay you, it just may take a while.

Lol, too funny.

I merely responded in the manner of what he seemed most worried about. I know I was worried about my gaming time when the offspring started appearing.

Well, the power line coming into my house broke last night. More accurately, the neutral line (ground) split in two, so I had unthrottled and ungrounded electricity coming into the house for about 30-40 seconds last night before I could get the breakers switched off. My computer, sound system, and coffee pot are all dead, they were shooting lightning out and caught on fire...

I haven't had a chance to see if my hard drive remains in tact, but, there goes my current D2 career.

Phar, I know I owe you a CtA from when my Sorc died, and I have you CoH in my stash on my hard drive, which is probably dead.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I wanted to let you guys know I will probably not be playing much for a little while. The cesarean is scheduled for 30 May anyway, so in a couple weeks we'll have a newborn in the house anyway.

Well, that's about it for now. Have fun friends, money is so tight right now, I won't be able to get a computer for a long time. I might start fresh on this laptop, I dunno. I'm pretty messed up about everything right now.

Why are you getting a circumcised at this late of age? May have read that wrong, oh well.
This means we can start, WAIT! OUR RANDOM TOURNAMENT!A??A?A!?!

Why are you getting a circumcised at this late of age? May have read that wrong, oh well.
This means we can start, WAIT! OUR RANDOM TOURNAMENT!A??A?A!?!

Cesarean as in C-Section, in the realm of childbirth.

I won't be getting circumcised, but my newborn son will be! (I was circumcised at birth as well.)

Now a vasectomy, on the other hand, might not be far off in the future for me.

(PS, I think you were being funny?)

I know, our Barb/Pally team was finally starting to shape up! I'm sorry,

That sounds kind of dangerous. Sorry about the inconvenience... Best of luck when the baby comes, and good luck retrieving the data when you get around to it.

You might get lucky and all thats burnt out is the power supply,I lost the neutral line like you did and that was the only damage to my computer, good luck.

Cesarean as in C-Section, in the realm of childbirth.

I won't be getting circumcised, but my newborn son will be! (I was circumcised at birth as well.)

Now a vasectomy, on the other hand, might not be far off in the future for me.

(PS, I think you were being funny?)

I know, our Barb/Pally team was finally starting to shape up! I'm sorry,

Yes, trying to pull a 'ha ha'. I read 'circum' first and thought it would give a good chuckle. Glanced again and noticed it was a c-section. May it go well. Grat's on the little logo!
Reckon we'll have to do another duo if you're up to it; but with the addition of the family, you may not have much time; but that would be a good thing!

That sounds kind of dangerous. Sorry about the inconvenience..

Nah, it's not that dangerous. I mean, what's it gonna do? It doesn't even have teeth at first! But yea, inconvenience is definetly true when it comes to babies... :badteeth:

Bah, that sucks. As you already know, please just ask if you need some help. Don't worry about phar's itamz, though, he finds runes like it's.. well, 1.13 or something.

Noise - be very careful with what you say there. What you are doing is enticing someone to argue with you, in a "my arguement is valid, while yours isn't" way. This is flaming, trolling, baiting, and is not allowed here.
As far as I can tell, logoutzero is healthy and reproductively viable, while circumsized himself. It is a legal practice in (most/all) western society, and generally comes down to culture, upbringing and personal preference. You can not say that your belief on this is how other members of a different culture, nationality, society, religion etc is correct and has to be believed, and that everyone with a differing opinion is evil/wrong.

This falls under the "Do not talk about religion or politics" area, as these come down to personal opinions, and one persons opinion will not change the others. It eventuates as "you're wrong, and I'm right."

You are opposed to it, that's fine. But you will NEVER change logouts opinion or culture on it. Instead, you will raise tension and arguements, and will result in what you have already done: start a personal attack on anothers' culture and/or beliefs.

@OP - I thought the whole idea of electrical appliances shooting electricity around the house, ungrounded, and causing things to catch on fire would be dangerous. It sounds dangerous anyway.

Last edited:

good luck!

edit: the CtA was made by solar, too :p

And pharphy would probably have deeded the items anyway.

@OP - I thought the whole idea of electrical appliances shooting electricity around the house, ungrounded, and causing things to catch on fire would be dangerous. It sounds dangerous anyway.

Actually speaking of that, don't you have a residual current device? I am not an electrician, but I thought the point of an RCD is to detect this kind of thing.

@HDD: Your PSU may have protected your computer, may as well buy a new one and if it doesn't recover it you can buy a new mobo, rinse and repeat until you have a new computer :p.

Noise - be very careful with what you say there. What you are doing is enticing someone to argue with you, in a "my arguement is valid, while yours isn't" way. This is flaming, trolling, baiting, and is not allowed here.

Well said.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High