Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

@Pyrotechnician I think you missed a nuance of my earlier comments to do with this whole Vanillaiser fiasco.

Knowing what happened right away is an obvious scum tell actually.

He does arrive at a conclusion immediately - he says he was 'Vanillaized'

In post #210 at 02:04 (UK Time) he claims he was Vanillaized
In post #248 at 02:45 (UK Time) he finally posts the link to Vanillaiser role

In the intervening 38 posts occurring over 41 minutes, he spends ages trying to 'research' and understand - all the while literally spamming the thread. He had it ready to go - the rest was merely theatre and burying us in bullshit.

Fair point on reaching the conclusion immediately. Although if something happened you'd want to share that information but I think the scramble is pretty telling.

I'm going to give D2DC an opportunity to respond to my reasoning, but I'm leaning on the side of D2DC being our scum.

Re: rule 7a..
7 players, so 1/2 + 1 to get a lynch right now is 4 votes. However, we need a +1 vote to secure a lynch? So.. 5 out of 7 votes? Once we are down to six players, it would be same.. 3 + 1 + 1, or 5 out of 6 to vote..

If this is the case, I think its pretty safe to say we dont have 2 mafia.. Otherwise, a mislynch, or successful NK would basically be game over, requiring one of the scum to vote against themselves..

That is, unless Gorny has put in a setup that is gonna have a bunch of roleblocks/unsucessful NKs..

I think you only picked up on this because you are a Godfather (emphasis mine)

comes up with a doc claim as backing for the hard push for role reveal
Again, I can tell you IF I were GF. I would not be pushing so hard for reveal. Iou was the only one really coming at me for most of the game.
The simple straightforward explanation would be that D2DC is really godfather,
I agree this seems the simplest explanation of the RESULTS. However, if you really examine my BEHAVIOR, it doesn't fit. I have no control or explanation with any degree of certainty about the RESULTS. But, I can explain my BEHAVIOR all you want.
Pushing the "knowing the I can protect them" and then the protect not happening makes this sentence pretty weak.
Again, I cannot do anything or make any excuses about what happened, because I don't KNOW. At the time of Noodle's reveal, I KNOW I was a doc, and ASSUMED that I could protect (it actually says heal in my role PM).

I saw the game play out pretty much as you did Pyro. I protect Noodle, and I get NK'd. Then, Noodle has a free night to invest you or Iou.

I think you only picked up on this because you are a Godfather (emphasis mine)
Re: rule 7
If I were mafia, why would I point out a rule that makes it HARDER for town to achieve a lynch? Couple that with the fact that I/Pyro were the only ones pushing to avoid a no-lynch on D1..

It's more about what you accidentally revealed - it's a level of insight that only you picked up on, because of your role, i.e. Godfather.

Ok, so you could not self protect. As a doc that can not self protect then normal play would not to go guns blazing throughout the game because you wouldn't want to get yourself either night killed or lynched before possibly protecting someone, your game play does not fit a doc that can not self protect.
You've played a few games with me. I cannot play like that.. :p

Not that it helps my cause at the moment.. But, even (in other games) when I am Mafia, I like to get in there and mix things up. I like to be in the action. I don't want to just sit by and watch/wait.

My D1 strategy was to appear a bit scummier than normal. I think I am always playing so full out town whip/scum hunter that I become an easy target for Mafia. Mafia want to eliminate the players that are seen as town. They want to keep players alive that could possibly draw a lynch vote.

So, I threw out all sorts of BS on D1, voting without reason with the FIRST post, then repeatedly claiming that Noodle + I were the Mafia. Then, I just responded with a whole bunch of buzzwords to one of your posts Pyro. I even stated that I couldn't believe I didn't get any votes. I was kinda disappointed that my scum-acting didn't seem to work.

D2 I got a bit frustrated at how town was not working towards anything. Hence the rambling about AC etc. I had been trying to get a town PR claim for a while, and it wasn't working. That's why I threw the BS cop claim out there to rock to the boat and see if anything came of it. Again, I did this because I KNEW I was doc and ASSUMED I could protect and the game would pan out just as we both expected.

D3 is now a s#*t storm. Scrambling to try to explain what I cannot explain. I EXPECTED TO BE DEAD, and Noodle would either have a positive invest = game over. Or, in case of GF, he would have to figure it out for himself.

^Sounds like you're trying to rewrite history there...with you as the victim/hero?

Oh! I figured it out! D2DC is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2! It all makes sense now!

(sorry if no one gets that reference)

Again, I can tell you IF I were GF. I would not be pushing so hard for reveal. Iou was the only one really coming at me for most of the game.

I agree this seems the simplest explanation of the RESULTS. However, if you really examine my BEHAVIOR, it doesn't fit. I have no control or explanation with any degree of certainty about the RESULTS. But, I can explain my BEHAVIOR all you want.

Again, I cannot do anything or make any excuses about what happened, because I don't KNOW. At the time of Noodle's reveal, I KNOW I was a doc, and ASSUMED that I could protect (it actually says heal in my role PM).

I saw the game play out pretty much as you did Pyro. I protect Noodle, and I get NK'd. Then, Noodle has a free night to invest you or Iou.

You've played a few games with me. I cannot play like that.. :p

Not that it helps my cause at the moment.. But, even (in other games) when I am Mafia, I like to get in there and mix things up. I like to be in the action. I don't want to just sit by and watch/wait.

My D1 strategy was to appear a bit scummier than normal. I think I am always playing so full out town whip/scum hunter that I become an easy target for Mafia. Mafia want to eliminate the players that are seen as town. They want to keep players alive that could possibly draw a lynch vote.

So, I threw out all sorts of BS on D1, voting without reason with the FIRST post, then repeatedly claiming that Noodle + I were the Mafia. Then, I just responded with a whole bunch of buzzwords to one of your posts Pyro. I even stated that I couldn't believe I didn't get any votes. I was kinda disappointed that my scum-acting didn't seem to work.

D2 I got a bit frustrated at how town was not working towards anything. Hence the rambling about AC etc. I had been trying to get a town PR claim for a while, and it wasn't working. That's why I threw the BS cop claim out there to rock to the boat and see if anything came of it. Again, I did this because I KNEW I was doc and ASSUMED I could protect and the game would pan out just as we both expected.

D3 is now a s#*t storm. Scrambling to try to explain what I cannot explain. I EXPECTED TO BE DEAD, and Noodle would either have a positive invest = game over. Or, in case of GF, he would have to figure it out for himself.

The two bolded parts above are contradictory. You can explain your behavior all that I want, but then, you go on further to state that even in games where you are Mafia you liked to get in there and mix things up and want to be in the action. You are right, it doesn't really help your case right now because you say you can explain your behavior, but then say your behavior is always the same. So I'm left with just the results.

I think I'm comfortable with the below vote, and probably could have just left it from the start...

Vote: D2DC

I'm not sure if Gorny will agree to it, and I know game will likely not end until all players agree and I know I could probably go back and forth with D2DC for ages, but I'm not really sure anything at this point could change my mind.

I'm ok with an early end if thats the concensus.

probably could have just left it from the start...

Yep.

The fact you changed your mind caused D2DC to post a lot more and dig a deeper hole and ruining his credibility even further.

Yeah sorry about that, using the "Jump to conclusions mat" doesn't usually work for me. I have to run it through my thought process.

Yeah, fair enough Pyro.

By the way, I didn't jump to conclusions, I took a tiny step... and there conclusions were!

The two bolded parts above are contradictory. You can explain your behavior all that I want, but then, you go on further to state that even in games where you are Mafia you liked to get in there and mix things up and want to be in the action. You are right, it doesn't really help your case right now because you say you can explain your behavior, but then say your behavior is always the same. So I'm left with just the results.

I put it in there despite the fact that I knew its not going to help my case. I am laying all cards on the table. I have nothing to hide.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High