The Runefinding Tour - Jaunt though Sanctuary's richest quarries

@Tenecabo Haha I hate to say it... but I've had a map that was even better than this one in the past. Do you have a picture of the map you've been using? Don't see it on your thread, but may be missing it.

@PhineasB good timing. I expect to finish my trav zealot 10 hours this afternoon ^^. So far I've been right on with my prediction of finishing one of these per month.

@Luhkoh I'll take one tonight and put it in there. Realistically I'm not going to change it anymore so close to the end, especially since my AT map for her is godlike, and I can see myself spending a lot of time there in the future :D

@Tenecabo well now you have to show us both maps :p. Also ofc you can join here and skip LK, but you could also just count the last ten hours of your 10k project for this or something ^^. Good luck!

~~Destination 3: Travincal~~
Character: Zealot
Name: Galadedrid
Level: 95
Area: Travincal
Playersetting: 3

sDYl40F.png

Map
This zealot is my old hdin respec'd. I kinda want to start a new hdin project soonish, and love Logain as the name of my hdin. So renamed this guy to Galadedrid with ATMA. Did want to spend too long rolling him a trav map because after these 10 hours I will likely reroll it for him to do some other task, so didn't seem worth it. I settled on this map, but feel sure that an actual good map would shave an easy 4s or so off his runtimes.

6tmZzmx.png

All the council in the room on the left side. Not great by any measure, but not the worst.

Gear
Helm: Gface (ias AR jewel)
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Weapon: Varies (see below)
Swap: CTA, Spirit
Body: Enigma
Shield: Varies (see below)
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: String of Ears
Ring1: Dual Leech with a little AR
Ring2: Ravenfrost
Boots: Gore Rider
Charms: 6x 10 max dmg/AR gcs, 8x 3max dmg/AR charms
Merc: Might with eth reapers (rjof), kiras (ias low ed), and guardian angel (ias low ed)

I wanted to test out a few gear variants on the zealot. I'll list them below and the avg runtime I got with them. I also did an approximate dps calc for these setups, and will include the dps in the chart below as well as a link to the sheet. The dps estimates were for my gear and weapons specifically.

LINK to zealot dps sheet
Code:
SETUP          AVG TIME   CALC DPS
-----          --------   --------
Grief/HoZ       32.69      76.7k
Grief/Lance     32.23      81.5k
Grief/Spirit    33.87      76.2k
Death           31.94      84.1k
Ebotd           31.50      85.0k

I did about 100 runs with each of these. And just used the same surrounding equipment. This gives 5fpa zeal on the death setup and is excessive ias on the others. So the ias jewel in gface could be replaced with a 40ed jewel or something for those. And I didn't bother to socket either shield, but that would obviously add a bit. The only resistances with these setups are LoH and highlords. So very negative resistances unless there is res on the shield. This is ok most of the time. The leech keeps you alive. But if I was doing a longer time period of runs with any of the setups without res on the shield, I would find a way to add more resists somewhere for sure.
  1. First was grief and hoz. Just what I feel is the standard all around setup. It felt the safest (well along with spirit) from having holy shield and reasonably decent resistances. Didn't die while using it.
  2. Next is grief and lance guard. With the extra deadly strike, lance guard is the best dps shield. Had very negative res, which usually isnt a problem, but I did die once using it.
  3. Tried grief and spirit next. I know gripphon liked that setup because the shield isn't terribly important and then you don't have to weapon swap before attacking. I personally did not think it was less convenient to weapon swap right before attacking than it was before casting BO. And I never had trouble almost dying before getting the swap off. So I found no extra advantage there. But ofc it was safe and I didn't die.
  4. Next was a death colossus sword. I thought the glacial spike proc would provide a lot of safety, but it didn't help as much as I expected. I actually died like 3 times while using this setup, and so would say it was the least safe one. That being said you could mitigate that by adding res elsewhere as I mentioned above.
  5. Lastly was my war pike ebotd. This offers the most dps and has the most range. It was far more survivable than death for some reason. I assume it was just because of the huge amount of leech and leechable dmg. The range was also quite convenient especially with my crappy map. Had to run around much less. Medium safety here. Died once in the 100 runs.
I liked the ebotd setup the best and ran it for the rest of the set.

Also I calc'd dps for phoenix shield in the spreadsheet but didn't test it since I only have a phoenix monarch. I used to tell people that phoenix was a bad choice because the firestorm proc slows you down too much. However when I actually did the calc (link to a post by onderduiker on that math is in the sheet), I found I was wrong. It increases your ED enough to be worth the firestorm proc. However the dps is still not as high as lance guard. See the spreadsheet for more info.

Finds
FplsZ5P.jpg

Found ohm and mal in the second hour, quite close together, then found cham about 3.5 hours in. The runes were totally dry after that unfortunately. Not even a pul. A 3 rune haul pic is a bit lame even if cham is cool, so I tosses in the two facets found haha.

Other Finds
  • 29 life fire skiller
  • 40 gheeds (finally, only the 2nd one I've ever found)
  • bk ring (second one ever)
  • 7mf/3cres sc
  • 39mf chancies. Had been stuck at 38mf chancies as highest for ages (except found 40mf chancies that were eth early on :() and then right afterwards...
  • 40mf chancies :)
  • eth gull dagger
  • tals amulet
  • telling of beads
  • 32 life shapeshifting skiller
  • 2 mid roll fire facets
LINK to imgur album with the individual drops

Sample Runs

These were just me demo'ing each setup. So it did get smoother, but the times were never anything impressive as shown above.

What's Next?
Next up is arcane sanctuary. Planning to run a light sorc there. May compare it a bit to nova too, but no promises. Hope everyone is doing well! Cheers 🍻.

That's pretty nice, even if only 3 runes, you have that Cham. And the shapeshift skiller, yummy!

To your request for my maps: this is my LK map (definitely could be better):

Screenshot081.jpg

But then this is my AT map (4 teles from WP):

Screenshot082.jpg

This may look horrible, until I tell you that that entire bottom right side has 0 bosses, and the chest is in bottom left. So I can basically go straight down left side with very good boss pack density along the way, and s&e once I hit the chest. I'm skipping just around half the map.

@Tenecabo nice! Yeah not horrible by any means on the LK map, but I might've just made a second sorc before embarking on that 10k expedition :p. Definitely understand wanting to keep an AT map that you like around though! You know how many bosses you get in that map?

Oh noooo. I have screwed up my record of my haul pics. Had my finds from here mixed in with a stash for the rfmf tournament that just ended, and then used almost all of the finds to roll runewords yesterday :(. Ah well, lets see what I can do for a recap.

~~Destination 4: Arcane Sanctuary~~
Characters: Java and Light sorc
Names: Penthe and Cyndane
Levels: 95 both
Area: Arcane Sanctuary
Playersetting: 7

Map
Nothin special to say about the maps, just ran the lightning spire leg on whatever map both of them had :). Arcane is an interesting area for me. Despite being a top 2 area in the game visually imo (along with chaos), I can't seem to fall in love with running it. My runtimes are much worse compared to good players than in other areas, and I can't seem to properly just relax and play. So the focus of this set for me was to find ways to improve my enjoyment of running this area without turning my runtimes too bad.

Characters
Last rfl I ran a 68 fcr javazon with insight merc here, and while it was nice running java without needing to drink pots, I get pretty sick of her slowww teleport. So this time around I started with light sorc, running vipermagi, crescent moon, spirit, dual soj, griffs, silkweave etc... but I still wasn't loving that. Had skillers and mostly res scs in my inventory to lessen the dmg I was taking, but I would still take a lot of dmg per run and occasionally die, and the gameplay was a little frantic, definitely not relaxing. So I switched back to java after an hour or two, but wanted to try something different on her this time around.

So I ran 99fcr zon with arachs, and enough points in pierce to get to 89%. And infinity merc. This was a huge improvement imo. Runs felt so much smoother and times were slightly better than they were last rfl. My favorite iteration yet. But even though 99fcr feels 99 times better than 68fcr, it still felt slow. I still had to drink pots a decent amount (whereas light sorc doesn't need to drink very many), and I was just asking myself, why was I not able to make the runs comfortable with my sorc? So after having put 4 hours or so in on the javazon, I revisited my sorc.

Different approach this time. I used hoto engima and maras, which gave much more life and filled out my resists quite well. And also allowed for all lifer scs in the inventory below my skillers. Additionally, I started teleporting a little bit more frequently for safety even if afraid it was slowing down my herding. The difference was night and day. Really quite a comfortable runner. I know it may seems obvious...who would have thought that higher life and res would improve the runs? :p. And runtimes improved quite a bit too from being able to be more aggressive and pick op less rejuvs etc. Things were great from here and I had no desire to switch back to the java.

The light sorc's runs are faster than the java, but the java gets enough extra goatmen kills that I still estimate my java is slightly more efficient, but it's not by much. When I say that though, you have to keep in mind my java runs are a lot slower than some of the runners on here. Java avg'd ~75s runs, and light sorc avg'd ~69s runs.

Finds
Runes (in order): um, ist, um, ist, sur, um
Other finds: shako, tals ammy, telling of beads, 2x 7mfsc, 10lres 6mfsc

5pKUpBy.png

Put a screenshot of the sur, so things aren't so bare :p.
Imgur link to all rune drops HERE.

What's Next?
I also did my 10 hours of pitnecro during this rfmf tourney and also did not take a haul pic for his runes. But I will get a similar recap up for him in a few days!

Reactions: Kinkara
Time for an update here after finishing RF/MF Tourney. Two areas down, AS with the Trapper and CS with the Sorc.

AS - HC Trapper
The Trapper didn't have Enigma, but I had used a Ber after the Sorc's LK runs to make CoH for her, figuring it was much better than Treachery to ensure she stayed alive. And the CoH would be used by the Sorc's merc in CS. I almost had runes in HC for Enigma, but not quite, so figured it was worth it.

The ten hours were nice, leveling to 89+ and picking up an Ohm, Um, and Lo in the first 6 hours, and then a Pul during the 4 hours run as part of the first set of the RF/MF tourney, plus this 43@ ST to compliment the 45@ one my tourney HC Barb found.

CS - HC Sorc
After 20.5 hours with a SC Druid, we returned to HC, with the Blizz Sorc running CS for the second RF/MF set. She moved from 94 to 95.3X in the 10 hours, with extra runs to hit 95.5. Her highest rune was a Lem, which was super lame :\ But she picked up a 22@ Mara's as an upgrade over the 20@ found earlier and one each for the two-legged characters if needed.

There were a few NDEs toward the end, and I plan to run her to 96 in CS in small increments as a I start to progress my SC Untwinked Barb to 99 at Nihl, but I might burn the 3 Surs and cube-able Sur to make Infinity for Trav runs to finish that off this year. If she picks up Infinity makings, we may go for Cows to finish the Tour before January 2021. But I'm thinking it's time to focus on the Barb.

@PhineasB great stuff. You know I'm jealous of those sacred targes :D. Did you use stormshield on the hc chaos sorc? I would be pretty hesitant to make CS sorc a frequent run in HC I think.

Thanks! I definitely thought about storm shield, but the 105 FCR breakpoint would have been hard to reach with high FHR so I figured that I’d give Spirit a shot and it worked well enough that I kept it for the set.

The key was not going more than 20 minutes without at least a short break, but even then, toward the end I was getting sloppy due to amount of play across the two sets.

I really like bloodfist, so would likely have to give those up with SS given lack of 2/15+ caster ammy or other jewelry. But I will dig through the stash to see if I cobble together solid SS setup while keeping bloodfist

Reactions: Pb_pal and Luhkoh
~~Destination 5: The Pit~~
Character: Pnova Necro
Name: Mazrim
Level: 95 (got to 95.56 at end of the 10 hours)
Area: The Pit
Playersetting: 7

Map
This is the same map I used for this necro when I ran on p1 for my 1kmw. Thought it had right around 8 bosses avg, but unfortunately the new runcounter says that isn't so, and I should reroll it sometime. Ah well!
Q2Jgh5b.png

Gear/Build
Pitnecro is an interesting character. I know running amp as the only curse is what is considered best and what most do here, but I tried running with LR for the first time a while back just to try it out (doing LR, nova, amp, CE). And I was surprised to see that it did not change my runtimes, although I know ffs and a few others around here have tested both and have found amp-only to be appreciably faster for them. And I kinda preferred the gameplay because it felt smoother to me. No downtime between pnova and CE since you have to pause to cast amp in between, and less CE casts to kill a group since the poison is draining the life faster. However, much like my story about AS, I have never been able to fall in love with pitnecro despite thinking he offers the most well balanced rf+mf results in the game, and the main reason for that I think is remaking stupid insight iron golems :LOL:.

So after a few frustrations with the iron golem dying and a few with me dying (which is only really annoying because of the golem), I was getting very frustrated with the character, so I changed things up. With this LR build, there aren't nearly as many spare points, so I needed to free up some points for golem mastery and I needed to make my necro safer too. So I respec'd to a 50% block 75 fcr build with homunculus, with one point in amp as only point in curses tree, and put ALL my spare points into golem mastery. Haha most would rightly say that much GM investment is overkill, but hey it works fine, and I reallllly didnt want to make more insight iron golems. This made the character much more fun for me and much much safer. And I played most all of my ten hours with that setup, which had 352mf.

Gear was ptopaz shako, facet dweb, enigma, homunculus shael, trangs, fcr mana ring, fcr mf ring, arachs, war travs, 6 skillers, 1 gheeds, rest 6mf scs, fort, cham andys, and infinity on a might merc.

However like 30 runs from the end of the set, I somehow let the iron golem die again (didn't think it was possible) :cry:. So I decided to just finish out the set with insight on the merc. And got... no runtime difference. Haha no matter what I do on this necro, my runtimes seems to stay just below 1:30ish. Now I don't really believe infinity isn't better, but if I'm getting that little difference, I may experiment with just keeping insight on the merc in future runs. Could move all those points from golem mastery to get a huge amp radius, or get LR again or something. Something to think about in the future anyways.

Finds
Still no haul pic sadly, but I'll post my Lo screenshot to give something to look at ;).
Runes (in order): um, um, Lo, um (the ums really liked me these last two sets)
Other finds: cerebus bite, eth andys (first ever, but 8 life leech), 2x gris caddy 3os, second pair ever of 2/20 java rare gloves

PnzRx2z.png

What's Next?
The final destination is chaos, and I'm looking forward to it. But it will likely be a while before I post something from there, because I'm thinking of starting a new chaos hdin project anyways (look out for that in the next week or two), and so will wait to double-dip with that when well underway. The rft has already been a nice success I would say, with the varied runefinding being very successful (recent got to 72/78 on the runeword grail), with the variety of destinations keeping things fresh, and with the fun of a few others participating with me too. Thanks all!

Reactions: Jpy and Kinkara
Just for completeness, thought I'd post here that I did run 10 hours of chaos with the idea that I would post my rune finds here. Only found vex and gul, so didn't think it was worth a post. I feel like chaos has always been lucky for me for runes in the past, so I guess I was due for a dry spell :D. But anyways this full round of the rft is concluded and was a huge success I'd say. The total number of vex+ in the 60 hours that I got were:
  • vex - 1
  • ohm - 4
  • Lo - 4
  • sur - 3
  • ber - 0
  • jah - 1
  • cham - 1
  • zod - 0

Reactions: Pb_pal and Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value