SPF Reform Proposals and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that sometimes people can have an attitude of 'I've been here longer, therefore I have some sort of imagined superiority', but I'm not sure that maxicek intended such an attitude, as he/she has never struck me as such before.

Me neither and I meant no offense @maxicek. It's just that I'm equally fed up with any discussion of this being squelched immediately whenever it comes up. The fact that it does shows that there are many members here (old and new) who disagree with this being FAM, and downplaying it doesn't help.

I'm not saying such items (or items farmed with them) necessarily need to be deleted. The practical importance is marginal and the vast majority of active players don't use them anyway. Personally I do think that at least characters using them should not be posted about, as with other non-FAM characters. But I don't think that this should also apply to every character that at some point used or indirectly benefited from ATMA bugged items in any way, or that trading items farmed with them should be prohibited, thus essentially requiring a fresh restart. The cause of the bug wasn't known for a long time, so to that extent I agree that "what's done is done".

What really bothers me most of all is the fact that now that it is known, this practice is not officially condemned at all. Note the relevant section from the SPF Guide: "The 'indestructible' eth bug is an ATMA bug. It is in the MP and trade pool and is acceptable but should be declared in MP/Trade Profiles. An excellent guide on the various eth/ATMA bugs by Greebo."

That stops just shy of encouraging it. Is that really an appropriate way of handling overpowered items that couldn't be created without a third party program?

In short: I guess what I'd like to see is just a different stance of the community on this. We are talking about items that never legitimately could have existed, and IMO it could at least be clarified somehow that it's not proper practice to use them.

Just my 2 cents, I realize all of this is likely in vain anyway. :)

@ffs Please continue to post and express your ideas. I'm tired of people like @Fabian and @maxicek trying to restrict the community just because they've been here longer and are extremely conservative. It's not the year 2000 anymore. Things have changed, and the game needs to be updated simply so that people could even play the game. If it was up to them, then everyone who has a new laptop that has no cd drive couldn't even play older versions before 1.12 because in their mind "OH, YOU CANT USE ISOS BECAUSE BLIZZARD DIDNT INTEND TO DO THAT", "OH YOU CANT REMOVE CD PROTECTION EVEN THOUGH THEY DID IT IN 1.12". They completely don't make sense and I'm happy that their extreme version of close-mindedness, intolerance, and conservatism only affects a small percentage of the population. Most people on the SPF are way more open minded than that and at least "CONSIDER" the freaking point in question. These conservative people basically have a "AUTO-DENY" option automatically built into their brains.

@maxicek, what do you think that the SPF was created on day 1 with the current rules in question? Welcome to the SPF everyone, here is years of "FAM" rules and tailorings that automatically existed... Nope. FAM developed over many years of people playing the game here and every SPF "Generation" proposing changes, suggestions, and actually getting those changes done. Now it's the current SPFs generation to call for a review and reform on existing rules, and clean up anything we don't believe is correct. This _will_ happen whether you like it or not. Nobody is saying change the pub to a wine bar, it is more like adding more freaking beers to the list because at the moment the pub only has 3 kinds. Make a correct analogy if you are even going to mention it.

@ffs, I agree, ATMA bugging should be removed. Yes it was discussed years ago, and yes it was wrong. It should be revisited and removed. Current ATMA bugged items SHOULD be removed by players in the current population. Any characters that interacted with them shouldn't be removed as you stated before. So this is just a "delete the specific item" type of cleanup. Nobody that interacted with those characters or those characters themselves need to be deleted. Simple as that, don't complain about it if you have an ATMA bugged item, it never was in the game, and you clearly knew about it. This logic of "Oh we discussed this before and agreed on this" is ridiculous. Imagine how the United States would be like if this was the case? "Oh we already discussed Alcohol should be illegal, so that's it." "Oh we already discussed slavery is ok, so that's it"., "Oh we discussed woman can't vote, so that's it.". This type of logic is completely irrational. That's why amendments exist to the US constitution, because the country's original documents didn't always get it right, and the succeeding generations always have to propose and implement new changes as the country develops.

@necrolemming Showing the Item Level is something that is already in the game but we are exposing it to plain view. For example Magic Find exists in the game, and you could just take out a calculator and do it manually, but you can also just show a number that shows Magic Find. It doesn't change the game at all, just changes how fast you calculate that number. Singling is already restricted to technical improvements and minor quality of life improvements. Showing Item Level would fall under the same category as RWM and/or "Allowing HC characters without beating SC".

Futureproofing is something that we have seen evidence for between all of the D2 versions. A lot of the mods broke between multiple versions of the game. Everyone who uses "PlugY" doesn't play 1.14 because the game significantly change. And now that you mention it, I actually developed a technically superior improvement to PlugY which I renamed "Gardenia" - https://github.com/fearedbliss/Gardenia. The goal of Gardenia was to remove all of the objectionable content that the SPF didn't like and just reduce it down to basically just the unlimited stash. Along the process I also made significant code clean ups and improvements that I hope would be a good basis for future moders to use when updating it to 1.14 and beyond. @Noodle knows about Gardenia since we privately discussed it. However one of the reasons I didn't introduce it to the community last year was because the SPF was going through the whole "The SPF I know" problem so it didn't seem the right time to do that. So yea, there shouldn't be anything in Gardenia now that the majority of the SPF objects to. Unlimited respecs, Ubers, etc have all been removed. However, I don't really recommend the usage of PlugY or Gardenia simply because of the futureproof situation that I mentioned. Originally it might have seemed like a good idea for the original developers to make these mods for a specific version of D2 (And don't get me started with the technical implementation of PlugY to support multiple versions, it was horrible, wasn't clearly designed to be a multi-version mod, and it took me weeks to untangle). If people get dependent on a specific version of PlugY or <insert mod here>, this prevents that player from updating to the latest version. That's why all of the modifications that I've consolidated from the SPF into Singling and any new stuff added is clearly re-added from scratch from the new Blizzard base version. This allows us to pretty rapidly re-implement changes into the new version of Diablo II, while allowing all of the already existing versions to independently co-exist. I also don't want Singling to grow too much because it would be more difficult to re-implement these changes. I feel Singling is already in a pretty good state, the Item Level stuff would be good, doing CRM for pre 1.13 would be good, and enabling RWM for 1.10 would be good. I don't think Singling really needs anything else other than those suggestions. At least there is nothing I can think of. Maybe if there is another CPU problem we would need to fix that as well haha (or if Blizzard implements something in the future that would be really good to have in previous versions but that wouldn't be too technically difficult to implement).

As for molding the standards, what community do I have? The Xyinn Network is not a separate community. It is the SPF's MP community that I started since there wasn't an active one anymore. Most people are SPF members (Even though I want to make the community bigger so I've opened up invitations to anyone that wants to play legit around the world). People that join that are non-SPF members are definitely introduced to the SPF since we all have a common goal and purpose, and the SPF is a great community with a lot of resources. So you end up with a situation that non-SPF members end up becoming SPF members. They are together, not separate. My suggestions are my ideas on how the SPF should move forward, it's not about molding one community to be like the other. At the end of the day, you posting molds my ideas to be further refined and reflected upon, and I appreciate your response because of that :).

@Kitteh Correct. I did mention that the discussion of mods _shouldn't be banned_ and that we can have a separate sub-forum about it. So that should be the same as what you say related to "don't talk about it in the main SPF forum but if we have a "SPF development" sub-forum, it could be discussed in there, that's fine as well and it's better like that since it keeps things more organized.

Anti-dupe stuff can never be fully stop and we should rely on the honor system for this.

1.07.41 is very different than regular 1.07. It's just another version that most people in the world haven't played since it was only released to 1000 people. As @GalaXyHaXz mentioned, someone on the internet released the ISOs in the hopes that someone would be able to get it to work. Luckily @GalaXyHaXz had the technical capacity to do this, and was able to do just that. Thanks to him the world can experience this lost patch. It would be fine if stuff found in 1.07.41 was restricted to it. From what we do know, not many items drop in that patch (Apparently monsters don't drop items? Not sure).

HC to SC items, you misinterpreted what I was saying. I said that HC to SC items should be banned. The later part wasn't me trying to get the HC -> SC character rollover to happen, it's more about saying that one rule doesn't make sense to have since it's similar to the other one. If HC/SC character rollovers should not be allowed and indeed be separate, then I also believe that we should have that isolation happen completely, meaning HC/SC item transfers shouldn't be allowed. Thus we are in full agreement with what you said: "I would actually support not allowing HC to SC transfer".

Allow play between versions, like I mentioned before, people shouldn't technically make a 1.13c game and play with another person on 1.13d, that's not what I'm advocating for. But more if a person started on 1.13d but most of the player base is playing 1.13c, that 1.13d player should be allowed to downgrade to another minor patch version in order to align with the majority of the base. This [abcd] separation shouldn't be continued.

And yea it feels like a scottish referendum but that's because the SPF hasn't had a moderator to fully make a ruling on all of the stuff that's been happening for the past several months. Hopefully this can change, and this thread can hold all of people's ideas and suggestions on reform so when the new moderator comes in, they can look at this, consider the topics, and make a ruling.

@GalaXyHaXz Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with just banning time traveling items all together (And yes I do know this will force a restart - However Blizzard has had about 21 ladder resets in the past 17 years, the SPF can't even have 1?). I think it's fine with people time traveling and playing different versions, that's cool. If I were to think about it (I don't really care about what people do and I've done it myself, but just looking at this from the future of the community and game), time traveling items makes the game easier on future patches for sure. If we all time traveled to play older versions and kept those items only on that specific version (1.09 items stay within 1.09[abcd], 1.07 items stay in 1.07), it probably would be more beneficial to the community. Not sure.

Last edited:
@Kitteh Correct. I did mention that the discussion of mods _shouldn't be banned_ and that we can have a separate sub-forum about it. So that should be the same as what you say related to "don't talk about it in the main SPF forum but if we have a "SPF development" sub-forum, it could be discussed in there, that's fine as well and it's better like that since it keeps things more organized.

Anti-dupe stuff can never be fully stop and we should rely on the honor system for this.

1.07.41 is very different than regular 1.07. It's just another version that most people in the world haven't played since it was only released to 1000 people. As @GalaXyHaXz mentioned, someone on the internet released the ISOs in the hopes that someone would be able to get it to work. Luckily @GalaXyHaXz had the technical capacity to do this, and was able to do just that. Thanks to him the world can experience this lost patch. It would be fine if stuff found in 1.07.41 was restricted to it. From what we do know, not many items drop in that patch (Apparently monsters don't drop items? Not sure).

HC to SC items, you misinterpreted what I was saying. I said that HC to SC items should be banned. The later part wasn't me trying to get the HC -> SC character rollover to happen, it's more about saying that one rule doesn't make sense to have since it's similar to the other one. If HC/SC character rollovers should not be allowed and indeed be separate, then I also believe that we should have that isolation happen completely, meaning HC/SC item transfers shouldn't be allowed. Thus we are in full agreement with what you said: "I would actually support not allowing HC to SC transfer".

Allow play between versions, like I mentioned before, people shouldn't technically make a 1.13c game and play with another person on 1.13d, that's not what I'm advocating for. But more if a person started on 1.13d but most of the player base is playing 1.13c, that 1.13d player should be allowed to downgrade to another minor patch version in order to align with the majority of the base. This [abcd] separation shouldn't be continued.

And yea it feels like a scottish referendum but that's because the SPF hasn't had a moderator to fully make a ruling on all of the stuff that's been happening for the past several months. Hopefully this can change, and this thread can hold all of people's ideas and suggestions on reform so when the new moderator comes in, they can look at this, consider the topics, and make a ruling.

I am against the discussion of those mods entirely, within the SPF. A sub-forum would not be sufficient to make me comfortable with it. I don't want the SPF to end up with a sub-forum for any old hack or mod that we don't accept to be discussed.

In the case of 1.07.41, that sounds ok to me.

I agree that both HC/SC concepts should be banned, but I disagree that they are similar. However, I do appreciate why you see them as such.

I agree that if the main player base is 1.13c, then it promotes MP/trading if they go back from 1.13d. In that case, they can restart on 1.13c - wealth is easy to build up on SP. Also, there are plenty of very generous people here who would happily help them to get back to where they were. No 1.13d character should become 1.13c, nor should their items.

I'm not sure that this is an issue of not having somebody to make the decision, so much as we already have a ruling on these things. I'd be ok with one of the experienced mods being made the SPF moderator and as a result of their installment, making an updated decision on all of this stuff. However, that is up to them if they wish to do so, and I don't see it as a requirement.

Old timers,

I hope you guys will speak up against this type of garbage, otherwise this forum will lose its SPFiness and just become some generic hack forum. Which would be a big shame imo.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion but I don't believe you really did anything other than prove a point FearedBliss was trying to make. I understand where you are coming from and I get your general point but you're rallying against an extreme that's not likely to happen.

No, no and 1000 times no. You joined under certain rules, you don’t then get to fundamentally change the forum because you want to push your mods. Find another forum if you don’t like the rules of this one.

Sorry but we already had a long discussion on this last year - are you going to keep asking until you get the answer you want? Do you really have to open this up again?

Same comment to @ffs - you only joined last year, you didn’t have to join if you object so much to ATMA bugging.

Rules change as the community evolves. Your argument is literally no different than saying, "if you don't like America then you can get out." I've been a member of this forum since 2008 and a lurker for much longer. I just hit my 9 year mark recently. It will be 10 in October. His opinion counts the same way mine and yours do so knock that off. Talking like that is only going to create an "us vs. them" mentality.

I don't support all of your proposals FearedBliss but I definitely support an open discussion. Further, if any of you are not going to support an open discussion then moderators need to amend the current rules to include ONLY what comes with Diablo II. That means no external muling, no RRM/RWM, no HCFE mod, etc. Once the door was opened to allow for external programs/mods it's difficult to say no to the DISCUSSION of new ones.

Finally, this is a community that I am involved in. If my opinion doesn't count for anything then the older members should speak up and let me know. I'll gladly seek out other forums. I like this forum because it's filled with knowledge and interesting people but if that environment is going to turn toxic because of a discussion then it no longer serves a purpose for me.

@fearedbliss What is you reasoning for all these fantastic improvements to the SPF? This deep concern for the rules of the community?

Most of your posts are about you various SW projects. You don’t take part in tourneys or MFOs as far as I know - so what does it matter to you?

And ATMA bugging is hardly in the same bracket as slavery, if you want to talk about bad analogies. I still think mine was pretty good - So, you want to replace the bitter with bottled lager.

Finally, this is a community that I am involved in. If my opinion doesn't count for anything then the older members should speak up and let me know. I'll gladly seek out other forums. I like this forum because it's filled with knowledge and interesting people but if that environment is going to turn toxic because of a discussion then it no longer serves a purpose for me.

I don’t think @Fabian is suggesting that anyone’s opinion is worth more or less than anyone else’s. I certainly am not. The way I read his post is that older players should ensure they voice their opinions. Both @fearedbliss and @GalaXyHaXz are very vocal in their opinion that further mods should be allowed in the SPF, so players who disagree should speak up.

IMO the rules are good as they are. Yes, some of them may not be to everyones liking. For example ATMA bugging or HC to SC items transfer. But that is how the previous generations have dealt with those issues. I and the vast majority of the forum respect that.

Btw, fearedbliss, why should anyone respect you, when you don't show respect to those who are worth it the most? Both Fabian and Max have contributed to the SPF immensely. By disrespecting them you are shooting your own foot.

@maxicek I didn't reference Fabian in my point regarding membership time. I specifically addressed you.

Ultimately it's up to the moderator staff to decide what and how something new is implemented. I'll do my part and shoot a PM to the appropriate mod to support the discussion.

@Delsy Please specifically quote what you believe is disrespect shown to those two members. I've read through this thread twice and can't find anything that could even remotely be considered disrespect. FearedBliss, from what I have read, is disagreeing with them. Disagreement and disrespect are two completely different things even if one usually involves the other.

I've found that the argument, "this is how we've always handled it" is pointless and usually detrimental. This is a forum. New people are going to join and old members are going to return. Things are going to change and not usually to everyone's liking. If the majority want something changed then that should happen. I don't believe that you are correct in stating "the vast majority of the forum" agrees with every current rule on the books. The only way to find out for sure is to have an open discussion and let everyone voice their input.

My feelings on the time traveled Shako and Valor are based on whether or not the game can be done without them. Obviously it can since people have beaten the game naked. Those 2 items are not needed to clear a certain area or complete an otherwise unbeatable boss or level. From what I have seen they are used as a vanity item for an extreme build.

The beauty in all this is that it’s even possible to play in different patches and do the small mods that make the game what each one of us wants it to be. Just look at it this way: if D2 is remastered, it may be online only, and the freedom of choice will be lost. Of course you can stay in an older patch, but who would pass the opportunity up to play a crisp new HD D2?

Btw, fearedbliss, why should anyone respect you, when you don't show respect to those who are worth it the most? Both Fabian and Max have contributed to the SPF immensely. By disrespecting them you are shooting your own foot.

A bit harsh.

@all
People, as mentioned, are disagreeing, not disrespecting. This forum is respectful, even when people don't get on. For example, there are forum members who don't particularly like me because of my history, but they either interact with me with a modicum of respect, or they ignore me where possible. So for all concerned, lets keep that level of respect here. You don't have to agree or get on with people, but there is no need for people to be disrespectful.

My feeling is more or less that we're at a weird crossroads where we're in between moderation/forum rule updates. I support some mods and disagree with others. I never liked ATMA bugging but this is kind of stuck with us (though a user mentioned an idea of banning the items but not forcing a restart among players that interacted with them - which is just about all SC players that have MP/traded and at least some HC players that have done so). MP is mostly dead and trading is virtually dead. I feel that the forum is going to collapse if any major changes occur but I kind of feel like it's collapsing either way... so I don't know what to do.

I absolutely don't want anything like infinite in-game stashes and personally see little need for ilvl stats in-game (almost everyone uses gomule or atma). I disagree with map seeds except maybe for fun little tournament settings, though I've never used or even saved a map seed "just in-case" I accidentally or choose to lose it.

We DO need to figure out trading/MP rules for time traveling, especially since Thyiad more or less banned those things back in ~Sept iirc.

It's weird that RRM is allowed in 1.10 (1.11?) but not older versions.

edit: I just want to be able to MP with others in 1.07

Last edited:
RRM was never banned in my memory in old patches. Everyone just played them vanilla to keep the small trade pool simpler. I’m pretty sure a few people who didn’t trade used it.

I’m not sure where no RWM in 1.10 came from either, as I used to use it (and made the Mac version) in 1.10d. Unless you are talking about 1.10a/s where ladder runewords were never enabled.

If you really want to have the same map for a tourney you can just host an MP game for a night, all the players join. @Liquid_Evil did this for the melee Baal runners challenge. No map seed sharing required.

Last edited:
Just hopping in for my 2cents.

1) ATMA bugging.
I've lurked enough to read/head about this several times. Forcing a restart on those 'tainted' by ATMA bugging isn't realistic. Like many have said, what's done is done. Making ppl delete those bugged items, however, does seem feasible. For my own curiosity - and maybe to gauge the situation better - how many on the forum still use the bugged items? And is ATMA bugging new items even allowed, as per the rules?

Deleting the already bugged items and disallowing ATMA bugging new items sound like a good, realistic solution to me.

2) Time Travel
People have put time and effort to obtain those items, so kudos to them. It's also available to those who wish to get them, as long as they put in the time and effort.

Most of the tourneys on the SPF play untwinked. And the few tourneys that allow the time traveled items - such as MFO and the like - rely much more heavily on skill, good map seed, and lot of luck anyways, that the time traveled items only provide minimal benefit over those who don't have them. Where I draw the line is bypassing certain versions to obtain those certain rares discussed in the other threads. That being said, I've read those specific rares are super hard to come by, so I'm perfectly fine with the rules as is.

3) Map seed
Novelty use of the seed command for tourneys sound interesting, but I disagree with anything else - especially saving and sharing them.

4) Mod talk
I agree with @Kitteh. Keep the non-approved mods out of SPF. Use PM to talk to individuals about them if you wish; or get the approval from a moderator first to discuss about it openly.

5) ilvl on UI
If it were to be implemented, ilvl right on the UI > key press to see them. While I'm not against this feature, I have no use for it because I use GoMule anyways.

6) HC/SC
Against HC to SC revival. People those know the risk of HC before diving into it.

Fine with fully separating HC/SC, so that HC to SC item transfer is also not allowed.

/2c.

Showing the Item Level is something that is already in the game but we are exposing it to plain view. For example Magic Find exists in the game, and you could just take out a calculator and do it manually, but you can also just show a number that shows Magic Find. It doesn't change the game at all, just changes how fast you calculate that number. Singling is already restricted to technical improvements and minor quality of life improvements. Showing Item Level would fall under the same category as RWM and/or "Allowing HC characters without beating SC".
As I previously explained, I'd rather have the actual game part as close to vanilla as possible. If we're going to mod stuff for QoL purposes, the same argument goes for the majority of PlugY's convenience features, so we might as well let all of those in, too.

As for molding the standards, what community do I have? The Xyinn Network is not a separate community. It is the SPF's MP community that I started since there wasn't an active one anymore. Most people are SPF members (Even though I want to make the community bigger so I've opened up invitations to anyone that wants to play legit around the world). People that join that are non-SPF members are definitely introduced to the SPF since we all have a common goal and purpose, and the SPF is a great community with a lot of resources. So you end up with a situation that non-SPF members end up becoming SPF members. They are together, not separate. My suggestions are my ideas on how the SPF should move forward, it's not about molding one community to be like the other. At the end of the day, you posting molds my ideas to be further refined and reflected upon, and I appreciate your response because of that :).
You sure about that? At the end of the day, it's something you're personally running with your own rules. The fact that some (all?) of the players might have originated from the SPF isn't what makes it an SPF venture, it's your presence here and your compliance by the rules that does.

I think you'd be happier doing it apart from the SPF if you had the playerbase to do so.

Please specifically quote what you believe is disrespect shown to those two members. I've read through this thread twice and can't find anything that could even remotely be considered disrespect. FearedBliss, from what I have read, is disagreeing with them. Disagreement and disrespect are two completely different things even if one usually involves the other.
Read some of the prior threads where shit's gone down.

@necrolemming It's different because PlugY is fundamentally changing the game by extending the stash and a lot of other invasive things that didn't exist, whereas Item Level always existed. Unlimited stash didn't.

I am sure about that. The network doesn't have any additional rules, it follows the exact SPF rules (In the beginning when I had Vanilla Frosting I had separate rules for the Modern league which is the league VF was on, however the "Vanilla" and "FAM" leagues had the same rules as SPF). However, I discontinued VF and I removed it from the network, thus the only two leagues available are Vanilla and FAM and they are still using the same exact rules as SPF. There is no difference.

Also I didn't insult @maxicek and @Fabian, They were the ones that attacked me along a few other people in the previous threads where they I clearly remember @Fabian telling me to "Eat a ####", and then the next day he ended up editing his post after @Kitteh called him out on it. I pretty much restrained myself for the duration of all of these insults. In this OP I very respectively told some of these members that I thanked them for their feedback and to take care (Since they obviously just replied with saying that everything I'm saying is garbage and they didn't contribute anything new to the conversation, other than personal attacks). So other than me saying this to them, and saying that I'm tired of people trying to restrict conversation with their strict conservative views, I didn't "insult" anyone. As a few other people have already said, having a strong disagreement with someone on something is completely different than saying "We don't tolerate all of this garbage, and also go eat a ####".

describing my concerns about the state of the SPF,

Just interested in why you would have concerns about the SPF? Isn't it the most active D2 forum around? This thread has had over 400 views in under a day. A TC3 tourney has over ten players participating in it. New threads are created pretty much every day. And new members continue to join and be active. Seems pretty good for a game getting close to 20 years old.

I've noticed over my few years here that one of the most common reasons given by people wanting to change things (particularly to post about mods here) is that the other D2 forums are pretty much dead and this is the only one that is still active.

I'm going to suggest that the reason for the continued success of the SPF is it's rules and the ethos they create. That doesn't mean that rules shouldn't be questioned, but there needs to be an appreciation that perhaps those rules are the very reason the SPF is what it is and changing them should be done with a bit of caution.

Personally, I like it that when I ask a question on this forum I get an answer that helps me to play the game better and is based upon knowledge from people who are basically playing the game the same way I am. When I enter a tourney I enjoy that I am competing with people playing the game to the same mechanics that I am. I appreciate other people's achievements more knowing that they face the same challenges that I face in playing the game.

The rules of the SPF have shaped the way I play D2 and I enjoy playing the game this way.

I do play other games (shameful to admit) but I don't bother with the forums for them. I've seen that often the response to a question is to suggest a mod that removes the problem. People aren't sharing ways to improve their gameplay, but rather to change the game to make it easier to succeed. I think it would be a real shame for the SPF to go down this path.

It seems that there is always someone wanting to change the rules of the SPF and it always worries me that a vocal minority will change what makes the SPF what it is. I'm always grateful for the few people who understand why this forum works and speak out on behalf of the silent majority who are happy with the forum as it is.

@necrolemming It's different because PlugY is fundamentally changing the game by extending the stash and a lot of other invasive things that didn't exist, whereas Item Level always existed. Unlimited stash didn't.

I am sure about that. The network doesn't have any additional rules, it follows the exact SPF rules (In the beginning when I had Vanilla Frosting I had separate rules for the Modern league which is the league VF was on, however the "Vanilla" and "FAM" leagues had the same rules as SPF). However, I discontinued VF and I removed it from the network, thus the only two leagues available are Vanilla and FAM and they are still using the same exact rules as SPF. There is no difference.

Also I didn't insult @maxicek and @Fabian, They were the ones that attacked me along a few other people in the previous threads where they I clearly remember @Fabian telling me to "Eat a ####", and then the next day he ended up editing his post after @Kitteh called him out on it. I pretty much restrained myself for the duration of all of these insults. In this OP I very respectively told some of these members that I thanked them for their feedback and to take care (Since they obviously just replied with saying that everything I'm saying is garbage and they didn't contribute anything new to the conversation, other than personal attacks). So other than me saying this to them, and saying that I'm tired of people trying to restrict conversation with their strict conservative views, I didn't "insult" anyone. As a few other people have already said, having a strong disagreement with someone on something is completely different than saying "We don't tolerate all of this garbage, and also go eat a ####".
I'm not specifically talking about the extended stash portion of PlugY - all of the extra stats pages (the ones that show stuff like MF, as you yourself brought up) could be modded in for quality of life purposes as you're suggesting. Hell, under your logic of letting people use -seed to keep maps for muling without a thirdparty application, you could even justify permitting infinite stash size as a way of letting people mule without a thirdparty application.

Also, your words, not mine:
I could care two ****s about what these whining community members have to say. It doesn't even feel fun anymore, it feels like a chore. For all the people already on the network or for people that want to join and aren't going to be the equivalent of a "D2 SJW", and/or progressive thinkers, feel free to send me a request to join, for anyone else, you guys can go away and enjoy your *legit* D2, whatever that means. It's hypocritical for these people to believe they are so legit when they use ATMA, GoMule, and other stuff to make their gaming experience easier and better, and then go and attack others for also using modifications (whatever the degree is). I do strongly believe in what I do on my computer is my business, and if there are other people that also do what they want on their computers and agree with each other, we will play together then. I don't need approval from these minority community members to do what I want with my own time, resources. If I want to fix a bug, publish something on the internet, or share my experiences with people, I can and will do that. I will bring Modern League back on my network, and make any changes I see fit, but I won't be posting on the forums about these things anymore.

Real gesture of magnanimity here.

@necrolemming That is correct and is exactly what I said _at the end_ of all of the insults after about a week of tolerating things from these specific community members. I said my piece and I don't regret anything written there. On top of this, I've received PMs from specific community members peacefully supporting my work (Whether they agree with everything in there or not) and it shows that the SPF has a lot more good people than not.

Out of interest, is anyone colour blind or does anyone have vision problems?

I'd like to hear your take on coloured runes.

I'm an "old timer" who had ATMA bugging foist onto him because respected members of the community got into the ear of the moderator and had it retrospectively ok'ed and it still gets stuck in my craw today. In my opinion, anyone who has used, or worse continued to use, ATMA bugged items after they have been proven to effectively be hacks has long since lost the ability to claim the moral high-ground. What irks my the most is how this important topic on the evolution of the SPC has been hijacked by shameless self promotion on the one hand and hypocrisy on the other.

@ioupainmax I'm somewhat colourblind and I wrote a mod to change the colour of rare items from yellow to red; it almost got me banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High