SPF Hall of Records

I would keep any pitmap with 8+ average and simple teleporting path. Such map is already 1.6 adjeff territory candidate. Anything more than that is a bonus and can be rolled with other character in hopes to find something better. My pit map is between 8.2 and 8.4 bosspacks territory.

@Kinkara
I don't think I will ever record so many runs as it makes playing slightly laggy so I avoid recording for more than just to show basic gameplay. For serious record attempt everything is shut off other than game itself.

Reactions: ResTTe and Luhkoh
Amount of bosses doesn't really matter per se, but seconds/boss is basically all that matters and I don't really mind quality of life aspects that much if that numbers is really good. I don't care much whether teleport path is a straight line or not in that case, I could get used to a teleport route shaped like "&" sign – no problem, I'll gladly run it if it results in 8.5-9 boss pack average on a map and can be run in 55 seconds. ;) It's all about getting used to the map, almost every teleport path will become easy routine after running for a while. Of course simplicity makes it easier to run for extended periods of time like MFO, though.
Anything more than that is a bonus and can be rolled with other character in hopes to find something better.
This. I have 3 Barbs (2 Zerkers, 1 Singer) with 8+ maps by now, thanks to always using the Barb with the worst map to try and roll a better one. But it becomes harder now to decide which to reroll next, because I'm not sure enough which has the best potential to get the highest average over 50 runs... First world problems. ;)

Well, i only have 1 char at the moment, so it was pretty much live or die for me XD That's why i went with a little bit slightly higher expectations. If i had a few other chars, i would probably do the same until i find a map like my barb's one from other installation. That thing is small, has a well and, what's the most important, it's dense as heck. It spawned over 9 packs on average over 50 runs a few times. Hard to beat that.

I tried those complicated maps before, but it just wasn't for me. Maybe i will try them once again in the future.

Reactions: Luhkoh
It finally happened. My first sub 1,5 HoR entry.

I came back to running Pits a few days ago to prepare myself for the MFO. I wanted to get used to farming, maybe find some cool stuff or maybe even finish my grail there.

We had some Pitzerker talk in the forum and i decided to go a little bit heavy on the score. @ffs helped me with the build. @Luhkoh motivated me as always. First attempts after such long time were mediocre. Then they got better, but it still wasn't good enough. I decided to try -ns command and it turned out to be a huge improvement in s&e times. My runs became way shorter and my efficiency jumped by a lot. I knew -ns makes a big difference for a long time now, but i didn't want to use it, but I came to the conclusion that it's time to give it a try. It isn't that bad. Some people may say that you can miss some items on the ground but i think it's rather unlikely. You can always run a little bit to check if something is there and you can see in the air if something drops (i know if unique SA drops just by looking at a flying item XD).

I am used to counting packs, so it wasn't a problem to me to get some scores. After a few attempts i got this series of runs that you can see in the video. I will try to improve it and i think i can get something really good with a little bit better density. I did a lot of stupid stuff in that video. Picking up some items, identifying them, putting them into stash. Was also missclicking a lot, teleported badly many times etc. This all means that there is still some place for improvement.

SC Berserk Barbarian
Category: P1 Pit
Average run time: 54.3 seconds (50 runs in 2715 seconds)
Average boss number: 8.38 (419 total)
MF: 727/577
Find Item: 55%
Seconds/Bosspack: 6.480
Efficiency: 4.180
Adjusted efficiency: 1.484

General:
Cham'ed Shako
Enigma
Arach
40mf Chancies
50mf War Travs
75/30 Nagel
70/30 Nagel
Highlord's

Kill Switch:
395/34 Grief + 6 Ist'ed PB

Tele Swtich:
Hoto + Ist'ed Wizzy

Inventory:
40mf Gheed's
Various SCs with mf and some addons
The Cube

Merc:
Might Merc
243/17/5 Eth GT Insight
10/29/139 Non-eth cham'ed Andy
Eth 60 IAS Armor with some addons

Stats:
Max vita build with 23 points into str (139 total) and 114 points into dex (136 total).

Skills:
Max: Berserk, Sword Mastery, Howl, Shout and Find Item
1 point: all prereqs, Increased Speed and Natural Resistance
2 points into BO, cause i don't cast BC so i had 1 extra point

I got 418 packs overall when i counted them when running the map at the same time. Then i counted it again when watching the video and it turned out i missed 1 pack. Pretty good result if you ask me ^^ Feel free to watch the whole thing and count packs on your own of course XD

Last edited:
Nicely done! Glad to see the build and gear setup is working well for you, too. Both for Barb and Merc. Everything points to this simply being the best choice – in my view basically confirmed both in theory and in practice.

As mentioned in PM, you'll have to wait until MFO until I definitely beat your score. :D

Reactions: PhineasB and ResTTe
I thought I'd stop Zerking until MFO. But then I decided to pull the trigger on the Singer and respec'ed him to Berserk after getting him to 93 doing Lister runs. Again I wanted to shoot myself after only 2 hours of Baal running – my most hated D2 activity by far. But I feel more Baal waves are coming up unfortunately, because I think I should run this map for MFO rather than the one with the runs above.

This was the first 50 run set on Singer's map with Berserk build:

Recording:

Adjeff would be 1.441 when running the numbers:
Run time: 45m00s
Avg run time: 54s
Boss avg: 8.54 (427 total)
MF kill: 746
MF hork: 596
FI: 55%
Efficiency: 4.079
Adjusted efficiency: 1.441

But I don't know what to make of this set.

@ResTTe happened to see the vid on YouTube and noticed many horks were unsuccessful in the beginning of the set. I took a closer look, and it seemed most of the time it was just bad luck with the FI roll. In many of those cases hork actually did go off, because potions etc. popped up from the ground. I never left click, so this always means Barb attempted to hork. In general, I always spam right click to hork in the vicinity of the boss corpse until nothing flies upwards. But I must admit for some reason I was a bit sloppy sometimes, there were a few situations early in this set where I indeed simply missed the boss corpse and horked some minions instead before teleporting away. I went through the recording twice, and after the first bunch of runs things seemed normal again with a typical hork success rate of more or less every other hork. But also during the second viewing I noticed I missed a couple of Champion Devilkins (I normally chase all of them down) and simply forgot to hork two Champions later on. :sneaky: I guess missing a few runaway champions is accepted under the rules, but overall just some sloppiness in this set, unfortunately.

So in the end I don't want to submit this as an official HoR entry/result, because it would be #2 (almost #1), which I think is too good to have questions marks hanging over it. Not sure how people usually treated sets like that in the past but I don't feel entirely comfortable with it.

I still wanted to share the vid anyway because I wanted to show Berserk gameplay on this map. It has for sure my best level 2 Pit map. Spawns 4 packs frequently and 3 is nearly guaranteed. I will try to level this Barb a bit more before MFO, because I felt the lower CtH and damage was noticeable in comparison to the runs posted earlier with lvl 96 Barb. Also the lower life made a difference, I nearly died twice. :D

Of course, irrespective of a few missed horks or champions, it was a very good set and at the very least it was super close to @Gripphon's and @Fabian's scores. It was the first attempt on this map with Berserk build, and back with Singer it once averaged 8.7 bosses over 50 runs. You can guess what my new goal for MFO is. ;)

Great stuff guys.
@ffs
I don't see any problem reporting a set honestly. We aren't exactly 100% precise here by counting one champion pack as one bosspack either. I also don't kill every single devilkin that runs far away because it isn't worth the time, but I didn't make much trouble for myself about that. Regarding stronger machines and -ns command, I have strong laptop and use -ns since beginning of playing and all known tricks to reduce s/e time and still can't figure out how to solve the problem in any area with longer s/e times after too fast runs. I did try to improve on pit score, but those s/e times killed my inspiration pretty much as well as some very great attempts.

Now I don't have desire to hunt for the better score, diablo gaming at such level is I believe done for me. Besides I'm happy with reported result and feel no need to improve it further :)

Nice to see things going and limits being pushed even further in all areas. We miss some p3 sorceress entries in Travincal, we can't allow barb holding throne there!

Reactions: Luhkoh and ResTTe
@ffs There is no point in feeling bad about your entry if one of the ancient gods approved it XD

I did 150 runs today in total and my scores were 1,50; 1,495 and 1,456 with 8,16; 8,32 and 8,4 average. I'm sure we can beat the record by a significant amount if we get some better density, so like 8,6+ packs per run. I will try to push it before the MFO and push it even more during the MFO. We will get some interesting results soon.

Now this statement puts you in the hot spot. Restte WR holder! I'm calling it... you better deliver XD
See how i used "WE"? Implying me and @ffs ^^

I am getting sub 1,5 scores pretty much every try now and ffs just went from 1,53 to 1,44 in a single try. Some place shuffling with definitely happen during the MFO or maybe even sooner than that.

Agreed, seems only a matter of time at this point.

@ffs There is no point in feeling bad about your entry if one of the ancient gods approved it XD
I don’t feel bad about it at all :) it was a very good set, and a nice first attempt on this map. If it was 1.45 adjeff I would have no issue submitting it. But 1.44 is right between Gripphon's/Fabian's runs and I just don't know what their sets looked like.

We can count it anyway of course because I guess no set is exactly 100% clean, and like I said when I double-checked those hork situations, I concluded it was in fact cast most of the time except for few situations early into the set. Fine by me ofc, but honestly I don’t care either way. I'm rather confident by now that I can improve the score anyway.;)

Now I don't have desire to hunt for the better score, diablo gaming at such level is I believe done for me. Besides I'm happy with reported result and feel no need to improve it further :)
Why would it be done for you, you're younger than me as we've determined... even if you’re saying you’re done with D2, at least for one last hurrah you should join the MFO fray and probably casually get a new highscore while you're at it.

Nice to see things going and limits being pushed even further in all areas. We miss some p3 sorceress entries in Travincal, we can't allow barb holding throne there!
I think it's actually your job to update both Barb and Sorc. ;) I had 16.5s Blizzy runs, maybe with some effort I can get below 16.4 as it currently stands. But that current #1 score is outdated. You did sub 16 runs on your Sorc, which I don't think I've ever reached. I think with WW Barb you also came close to that as well, but that was experimenting on Sorc's map IIRC...

Last edited:
Reactions: ResTTe
@ffs
Unfortunately my perception changed about video games in general. Perhaps during winter there might be a chance but for now weather is too good to be used on playing games during the day.

As for Travincal... lack of top score should inspire someone else to get one :cool:

Reactions: ResTTe
@ffs crazy stuff, congrats! Have you considered just manually counting the successful horks in your video? Definitely not pushing for that to be standard procedure, but if you're interested in increasing surety of your score, that would make it above reproach imo. Or you can just do what restte says and get an even better score in a week or two i suppose :p.

I actually briefly discussed with Restte how counting successful horks would be another method to evaluate a set instead of bascially counting boss kilss times 1.5x. But I think that idea is actually wrong in the end. Say for example you run two sets with exactly the same boss average, exact same same run time and same FI level of 55%, and cast FI on 100% of all bosses/champions. Now in one set you get something like 65% success rate and in the next 45%. I think it's obvious that both should be treated exactly the same, because the performance was exactly the same. In the end the HoR method is actually as correct and as fair as it gets by ignoring the number of successful horks and just using FI% instead.

Yeah, was thinking about the same thing. There is no point in relying on hork RNG, cause we don't want to get the best possible score there is. We want to get the most efficient farming set there is and those two are not the same thing, if you know what i mean. In other words, we want to see who runs the fastest and not who gets the best RNG on top of another RNG that we have no influence on.

I am trying to get sub 1,45, but it's really hard. My map just can't deliver the average significantly above 8,4. I got 1,456 with 8,4 avg and 1,461 with 8,5 avg yesterday. I am getting a lot of ~1,49 with ~8,3 avg today. The type of pack you get makes a huge difference now. Getting a lot of champion devilkins basically ruins the whole set for me. I was thinking about leaving them to keep the pace, but it's probably not worth it and i am not entirely sure if the rules allow it. My map averages 8,265 packs over 3,4k+ runs. That's pretty good but you can get a considerably better one than that for sure.

I see no gameplay upgrade now basically. I can probably save some time if i use some other method of counting packs. I am not fully convinced it's worth it, expecially since i am so much used to counting packs when running. Maybe i can spare some time and try counting packs when watching the video after the set is done or maybe i just need to wait till the stars align, who knows XD

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High