Long time lurker finally making jump to community member

Terroriffic

Feb 15, 2021
this is my very first post here, I have been lurking here for the past 12+ years so I feel like I kinda already know everyone. I recently restarted from fresh around 3-4 months ago with the purchase of my acer nitro 5 laptop which I bought specifically for d2 gaming and have been able to put some decent time into d2 again. Plus I've also stayed dedicated enough this time around to decently gear up a couple characters for the mfo/rfl I've always wanted to be a part of but didn't have geared characters for.

Anyways ill follow up with some juicy screens shots of some of my chars gear and drops if I can figure out how to post them.

Last but not least I only use gomule and rwm and play 1.14d

Im honestly really excited to finally not just be lurking and finally apart of this amazing community.

Last edited:
Here are most of my HR drops. I only just recently figured out how to start screenshoting (yea i know im pretty computer illiterate). But some info about my chars i have one char of each except a druid that i am starting to level and make a windy. I have a fury barb that recently had a extremely unfortunate experience, I was messing around with some new gear configs in him for baal runs and I died in a very messy throne room, then died again trying to recover body. I quit game and started new one to get my gear back and over half the gear was gone, I lost my grief, highlords, two 40 hotos and my best raven was like 238/20, all remaining was my nigma, gores, arreats, and eDeath, it really hurt me bad so hes being put in timeout for a good while.

My main characters im focusing on are:

Fanat zealot (just dinged 94) who now use a eth ettin death after the loss of the grief, which I am quite enjoying. He mostly does baal runs with some cs and all sorts of act 1 runs (pit, mausoleum, crypt, cows, countess) all on /p8 quite easily. He was a hammerdin originally but I cant find an arachnid mesh for the life of me so i respecced to a zealer when i got that grief, I may go back to hammers if the mesh drops antime soon.

Blizz sorc (lvl 92) for MF AT mostly with over 500mf

Riftsin (lvl 91) who is really fun, I only recently just found a nightwings but was only 11% and i have yet to find any cold facets so might just skip adding that in unless i can get a little bit of a better one and a damn cold facet.

Bowazon/javazon. I recently switched to java after finally finding my titans, I swear I found three thunderstrokes before a titans, but i was a strafer using wws and the multishot on switch with a harmony, then the big Hydra Bow dropped in AT on my mf sorc so i swapped that in and wasnt too impressed with damage so when the titans dropped and specced lf/cs. I honestly like cs on my rmb holding it down like a fury barb does with frenzy and LF on left click for when there are big packs. CS is crazy against bosses they go down so fast.

Anyways starting to ramble on so ill let this settle in.

Attachments

• BER on barb baal run.jpg
    BER on barb baal run.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 13
  • BER random chest in lk on sorc.jpg
    BER random chest in lk on sorc.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 13
  • gambled highlords wrath.jpg
    gambled highlords wrath.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 13
  • GUL pits on assassin.jpg
    GUL pits on assassin.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 13
  • JAH on assassin shenk run.jpg
    JAH on assassin shenk run.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 14
  • LK Ber sorc.jpg
    LK Ber sorc.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 14
  • MAL sorc lk run.jpg
    MAL sorc lk run.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 14
  • OHM pally pit run.jpg
    OHM pally pit run.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 13
  • OHM Pally wsk run.jpg
    OHM Pally wsk run.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 11
  • OHM while leveling bowazon act 3 hell.jpg
    OHM while leveling bowazon act 3 hell.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Shako finally on minions behind meph.jpg
    Shako finally on minions behind meph.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SOJ while leveling amazon in durace level 2.jpg
    SOJ while leveling amazon in durace level 2.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Windforce in AT on mf sorc.jpg
    Windforce in AT on mf sorc.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 12
Welcome! Please have a drink in the bar, put it on Durf's tab

May your drops be green and golden!

*kicks shins*

Welcome.

Hide your wallet and secure your pants before they are stolen.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the gear loss. Quite a bummer. I always think about it like you have to just choose one:
1. recover bodies naked or just don't attempt recovery, these are fine, or
2. 1 set (at most) of body recovery gear and do not s/e till you've clicked all corpses no matter what
That's really an annoying mechanic. Wish all the gear just showed up in town.

Anyways great to have you! Have fun and welcome!

Welcome! I too lurked for a very long time and just became a member earlier this year. We look forward to updates of your progress!

Reactions: D2DC
Welcome aboard!
this is my very first post here, I have been lurking here for the past 12+ years
I probably lurked for a good 6 or 8 years before actually posting as well. I wonder why we do that? And, are there still others out there in the shadows?

Edit: and how'd you get so many pics in one post? I thought we had a limit of 10 pics/attachments?

Welcome to the SPF. Are all your characters twinked or is it a mix?
I started fresh with a summon necro and got a little stuck at arcane sanctuary in hell difficulty. I really wanted to just hit LK with something and grind it out for a while to gear out a couple chars for builds i was interested in so I simultaneously made a pally and a sorc and leveled them for mf and rune purposes and from then on all gear has been shared between my chars. It does get kind of annoying everytime I want to play a different character I have to open gomule and swap some gear and charms around but I don't keep it too complicated with the charms and stuff.

I've accumulated some pretty nice scs imo and just keep the assortments together whenever moved. I have my 20 life sc team, 7mf group, and my ar / max dmg set. Ill post some screen shots of my best ones.

Welcome to the forum, and glad you joined the fun. Looking forward to some Mats and Pats. For what it's worth, early in the process, I think building full charm inventory per character is a good option, and the route I'm taking with my HC characters. I agree that swapping is a drag, and for PvM not really essential. Time spent swapping charms is not time getting XP or itemz :D

Welcome to the forum, and glad you joined the fun. Looking forward to some Mats and Pats. For what it's worth, early in the process, I think building full charm inventory per character is a good option, and the route I'm taking with my HC characters. I agree that swapping is a drag, and for PvM not really essential. Time spent swapping charms is not time getting XP or itemz :D
shh this is just my excuse to finally show off my goodies, but jokes aside youre right I definatly need to keep a dedicated set of charms and items per character, itll make things so much easier. Anyways heres a dump of my zealers charms.

Edit: deleted my goof up, check next post

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High